May urges parliament to back her on Brexit, tells Britons 'I'm on your side'

webfact

If she was on our side, she'd have triggered article 50 on the day she became PM, not years later.  Her deal is NOT Brexit.  I'm just hoping that at least one EU member state blocks the extension.

Do you think we could borrow the NZ PM for a bit (Jobswap?) SHE gets things done, impressive lady.

Having said that, I do feel a bit sorry for May, getting the big chair when she did was a poisoned chalice, there was never going to be a "win" for her.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Ask

cui bono?

Then follow the money that backed Brexit and see if it came from those that benefit.

Cui bono?  Fat cat globalists like Soros, Rothschild and Rockerfeller who are using their ill-gotten gains to subvert the real people's vote. 

3 hours ago, superal said:

Divided country from initial Brexit but a new vote would I think show a bigger " leave " majority given the rotten TM deal and the EU bully tactics . 

depends on which paper you read, the Daily excess says a poll regarding a new referendum would show an increase for leave, the Independent say that a poll shows a clear win for remain, just like parliament,- nobody knows anything but they are certain about it.

4 hours ago, superal said:

Divided country from initial Brexit but a new vote would I think show a bigger " leave " majority given the rotten TM deal and the EU bully tactics . 

bully tactics haha usual bulldog rubbish,the EU have acted like civilised human beings through out,unlike our lunatics.where have you been for 3 years

Next week they will be carrying her out in a straitjacket, nobody on the bridge can remember the command "Full Astern" while Mogg and the ERG are shoveling coal in to the boiler as if there were no tomorrow, Corbyn and Abbott hiding in the life boats and the passengers trying to storm the bridge as the SS Not So Great Britain heading straight for the iceberg.

29 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

the 52%, the 48% are not real people?

Of course, but do you honestly believe the likes of Soros, Rockerfeller and Rothschild are batting for them?

And you call us Brexiters naive!

IF or when finished this Brexit

maybe May will have Tusks job but again all goverment  either in uk or Europe are all robbers 

they promis everything but the citizen get little  the big rich get always the best deal  .

i wonder how much this Brexit has cost  Great britain and europe i think a lot of money .

Would have been better to use in schools and getting the poorer people up graded for a better life .

meaning all the dinners transport back and forth hotels rooms ect ect  the waisted days talking bresit and not getting on running the country   forgetting many things .

if great britain leave with no deal i think it will be 2 years bad then it will pickup in the mean time as everybody is seing many companies leaving  the uk well they are not supporters just pocket fillers  like all rich

uk voted  leave  is like a football club if u go down to the first devision and you are a true supporter u stay with that club 

so all that voted to leave i wish all the best of luck  those that voted to stay well the rough comes with the smoothe  .

11 hours ago, Basil B said:

194 hours and we are out by default unless there is a miracle.

No miracle needed.

The EU will give the UK as much time as it needs to come to a wise and prudent decision.

As it has been prepared to do since day one.

The UK : Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want.

The EU : So, tell me what you want, what you really really want.
The UK : I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want.
The EU : So, tell me what you want, what you really really want.

Ad Infinitum.........

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

depends on which paper you read, the Daily excess says a poll regarding a new referendum would show an increase for leave, the Independent say that a poll shows a clear win for remain, just like parliament,- nobody knows anything but they are certain about it.

No such thing as an unbiased statement from anyone these days.  We can all quote from newspapers or MP's speeches but it is always hot air dressed up as facts.  And that just adds to the disarray.  Passions are fuelled by all this bulls*it and it has torn this country apart. 

3 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Cui bono?  Fat cat globalists like Soros, Rothschild and Rockerfeller who are using their ill-gotten gains to subvert the real people's vote. 

None of the above, it's actually Rees Mogg.

34 minutes ago, Spidey said:

None of the above, it's actually Rees Mogg.

How? (And you are not, of course, going to tell me about a hedge fund his company happens to already run on the other side of the Channel - are you?).

5 hours ago, nauseus said:

I stayed up far too late to watch and listen to this "I'm on your side" PM, who needs:

1. To resign.

2. A really good psychiatrist.

3. Phil to give her one (anywhere).

( 2 and 3 not necessarily in that order).

UK Law needs:

Strong and stable tests for PM candidates.

item 3 /   the mind boggles , difficult to imagine , do you think they do it ? ????

5 hours ago, nauseus said:

I stayed up far too late to watch and listen to this "I'm on your side" PM, who needs:

1. To resign.

2. A really good psychiatrist.

3. Phil to give her one (anywhere).

( 2 and 3 not necessarily in that order).

UK Law needs:

Strong and stable tests for PM candidates.

Which Phil are you thinking of?  Hubby, Hammond, Prince Phillip or maybe even the silver fox Phillip Scofield  ????

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I was not really quoting the rags but more about the opinions of people I talk to and also interviews on the general public by the UK BBC , ITV & Sky etc . Press polls as we all know are biased to their own persuasions .   Heard that there may be a big protest this coming weekend in London by heavy haulage vehicles and motor cyclists . The debacle is about to enter the final chapter and may well lead to changes in the way UK politics are conducted . 

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

How? (And you are not, of course, going to tell me about a hedge fund his company happens to already run on the other side of the Channel - are you?).

Yep.

12 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

I thought you'd be in favour of diversity (of assets in this case, but you know what I mean!).

You need to understand the complexities of hedge funds. I am neither willing or able to write a treatise on the subject here.

Suffice it to say that a no deal Brexit would cause a dramatic rise in Moggie's hedge funds.

47 minutes ago, Spidey said:

You need to understand the complexities of hedge funds. I am neither willing or able to write a treatise on the subject here.

Suffice it to say that a no deal Brexit would cause a dramatic rise in Moggie's hedge funds.

Then why on earth has he been flirting with voting for May's sell-out deal?

And you reckon Soros is backing Remain for love rather than money?

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Which Phil are you thinking of?  Hubby, Hammond, Prince Phillip or maybe even the silver fox Phillip Scofield  ????

Her husband of course. I can't see anyone else going for it.

Brexit: Revoke Article 50 petition crashes Parliament website

A petition calling on Theresa May to cancel Brexit by revoking Article 50 has attracted more than half a million signatures.

Parliament's petitions website crashed on Thursday morning because of the high volume of traffic.

It comes as the prime minister heads to Brussels to ask the EU for a delay to next Friday's Brexit date.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47652071

I rather like Douglas Murray's insight into the useless self-absorption of MPs in parliament. He describes one:

"One MP, who shall remain nameless, routinely gets up in the House of Commons, decries the British voting public as morons led astray by racists, and then asks why we can’t be more united."

That sums up the whole toxic mess.

When the petition gets to 17 million come back to us.

Doesn’t matter how many ‘likes’ they get on the govt website, they take less notice of that than a referendum. The best result is an assurance that the matter will be debated in parliament. Well they’ve been debating Remain in Parliament for over three years now and none of the 400 odd Remain MPs have managed to achieve it.
All they have managed to do is to get the Leave date fully legislated for next Friday. Result for Brexit!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

32 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Doesn’t matter how many ‘likes’ they get on the govt website, they take less notice of that than a referendum. The best result is an assurance that the matter will be debated in parliament. Well they’ve been debating Remain in Parliament for over three years now and none of the 400 odd Remain MPs have managed to achieve it.
All they have managed to do is to get the Leave date fully legislated for next Friday. Result for Brexit!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Do not worry when we do get a general election them Tories will get a big [*******] kick up the Jackson.

So far 941,296 and climbing fast

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

And when he was asked about it he dodged the question saying someone else dealt with that department.  What a weasel!

Archived