Europe's centre-right suspends Hungary's ruling party

webfact

11 hours ago, bomber said:

knife crime in the UK is home grown,UK nationals usually gangs in london 2nd and 3rd generation windrush so not linked to recent immigration,any terrorist's are usually british born pakistani's from yorkshire or true england as its referred to by a member on here,to blame the EU just shows your lack of brain cells,but you are a brekiteer

I referred to immigration.

I never mentioned recent immigration, you did.

Your post is a typical reaction from a semi literate remainer. Stop your constant whining and learn to accept the fact that you lot lost.

While you're at it explain what advantages mass immigration has brought to the UK apart from the cheap labour that has had a negative effect on the livelihoods of many British workers.

There are 8.6 million people in the UK of working age who are economically inactive and three quarters of a million on zero hours contracts. The figures are from the same government that tells us unemployment is now less than two million.

I may well lack brain cells but your writing skills are a disgrace and a sad reflection on whatever school you attended. That's if you ever went to school. 

It's a wonder we all don't lack brain cells having to try and make head or tail of some of the gobbledegook you come out with.

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

It fits well with the picture that Hungary, under Viktor Orbán, is threatening to become the first kleptocratic state within the EU. As in Putin's Russia, state resources are distributed on a large scale to the Prime Minister's family and relatives.

The company Elios, for example, was commissioned to renovate street lighting with EU funds. Even where the lighting was actually completely intact. The boss of the company is the son-in-law of Viktor Orbán. Now, the European Anti-Corruption Authority Olaf recommends that the EU reclaim a total of 40 million euros.

The EU has now launched more than 1,300 infringement cases against Hungary. Last year alone, the European Anti-Fraud Office (OLAF) investigated 13 major cases. Each time, however, the country came away without any restriction of co-determination rights or a future cut in aid. In the EU Commission, it is therefore said Orbán is the smartest nationalist within the Union. His advisors would know quite well how to circumvent EU law without consequences and take advantage of the benefits of the Union.

Hungary receives the highest per capita support in the entire Union. Around 30 billion euros have been transferred from the EU budget to Hungary over the past seven years. The subsidies amount to almost four and a half percent of Hungarian gross domestic product annually. None of the other 27 EU member states benefits more in this regard.

Economists estimate that 20-30% of EU funds went into Urban's private pockets through friends and family members.

High time to set the thumb screws on or throw him out of the EU.

You have highlighted a few matters concerning corruption, plus as you well know there are ongoing efforts to suppress democratic institutions, undermine the Rule of Law and so on. Never ceases to amaze me how many members of TVF 'like' posts supporting the thoroughly corrupt and authoritarian Orban regime.

18 hours ago, candide said:

The OP is not about the European Commission, it is about elected MEPs suspending other MEPs from participating in their political group at the European Parliament.

Instead of ranting about another matter than the OP, check what Orban has done concerning freedom of the Judiciary, Freedom of press, etc... And tell us if you would like the same to happen in your country. 

Did you personally vote for an MEP?

23 hours ago, yogi100 said:

The main issues the UK is facing right now, Brexit, knife crime and terrorist attacks are ongoing consequences of immigration.

Orban has got it absolutely right. The European Commission have got it 100% wrong. How many murders and terrorist attacks linked to immigrants has Hungary experienced in recent years compared to the UK, France, Holland, Belgium and Germany.

More power to your elbow Viktor.

I agree with your over all sentiment. But to be fair, UK has always had a trouble with knives because the law

prohibited hand weapons. So crime with firearms has been stifled, but knives are the next best thing to firearms for any criminal or terrorist.

And lets be honest, terrorists are nothing more than murderers or mass murderers. The term "terrorist" give these suspected humans a grand name that they enjoy.

4 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

Did you personally vote for an MEP?

Yes. If you want to split hairs, you may object that it was proportional voting. This mode is considered to be as democratic as others and is, for example, the way they elect MPs in the NL.

16 hours ago, yogi100 said:

I referred to immigration.

I never mentioned recent immigration, you did.

Your post is a typical reaction from a semi literate remainer. Stop your constant whining and learn to accept the fact that you lot lost.

While you're at it explain what advantages mass immigration has brought to the UK apart from the cheap labour that has had a negative effect on the livelihoods of many British workers.

There are 8.6 million people in the UK of working age who are economically inactive and three quarters of a million on zero hours contracts. The figures are from the same government that tells us unemployment is now less than two million.

I may well lack brain cells but your writing skills are a disgrace and a sad reflection on whatever school you attended. That's if you ever went to school. 

It's a wonder we all don't lack brain cells having to try and make head or tail of some of the gobbledegook you come out with.

Pure deflection. Wether immigration is recent or not, it still does not mean it is related to the EU. Less recent immigration also mainly originates from former British colonies.

Mind you, I checked the figures for Hungary. There were 161000 foreigners in 2018 in Hungary, mainly from neighbouring countries such as Serbia, etc... Only around 8000 from Africa and around 35000 from Asia (outside China).

And 31617 Hungarians emigrants living abroad.

And again, the same question I asked other pro-Orban posters (to which they never answer). Would you like the anti-democratic reforms he applied in his country to be applied in your country?

5 hours ago, candide said:

Pure deflection. Wether immigration is recent or not, it still does not mean it is related to the EU. Less recent immigration also mainly originates from former British colonies.

Mind you, I checked the figures for Hungary. There were 161000 foreigners in 2018 in Hungary, mainly from neighbouring countries such as Serbia, etc... Only around 8000 from Africa and around 35000 from Asia (outside China).

And again, the same question I asked other pro-Orban posters (to which they never answer). Would you like the anti-democratic reforms he applied in his country to be applied in your country?

Unfortunately, anti-Democratic reforms are being applied by our M.P in London’s parliament, against the wishes of the electorate.

10 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

I agree with your over all sentiment. But to be fair, UK has always had a trouble with knives because the law

prohibited hand weapons. So crime with firearms has been stifled, but knives are the next best thing to firearms for any criminal or terrorist.

And lets be honest, terrorists are nothing more than murderers or mass murderers. The term "terrorist" give these suspected humans a grand name that they enjoy.

I live in London where most of these stabbings take place and when I was young knife crime was very rare because there were much fewer immigrants back then. A fatal stabbing was headline news in those days, now such incidents appear on page 14 if at all.

The only reason that so many black youngsters are stabbing each other is because they can't get guns in Britain.

5 hours ago, candide said:

What anti democratic reforms. If you mean refusing to accept Islamic immigration I'd be all for it as are the Hungarians. They've had a say in the matter which is real democracy. We in the UK were never even consulted on such an crucially important issue.

Parts of Hungary were occupied by Muslims for 150 years during the days of the Ottoman Empire. The Magyars vowed never to allow it to happen again.

The present generation adheres to that vow their ancestors made. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. 

7 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

What anti democratic reforms. If you mean refusing to accept Islamic immigration I'd be all for it as are the Hungarians. They've had a say in the matter which is real democracy. We in the UK were never even consulted on such an crucially important issue.

Parts of Hungary were occupied by Muslims for 150 years during the days of the Ottoman Empire. The Magyars vowed never to allow it to happen again.

The present generation adheres to that vow their ancestors made. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. 

Even cursory research will inform you, but all OK by you so long as he is a right of centre white nationalist. However, just in case the usual denials spew forth...

On the Corruption Perception Index compiled by Transparency International and released this February, Hungary is ranked as the second most corrupt EU country after Bulgaria. By gerrymandering the electoral system, subjugating the free press, and curbing the judiciary, Hungary has also achieved the dubious distinction of being named by Freedom House the “least democratic country” among the EU’s 28 members.

5 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Even cursory research will inform you, but all OK by you so long as he is a right of centre white nationalist. However, just in case the usual denials spew forth...

On the Corruption Perception Index compiled by Transparency International and released this February, Hungary is ranked as the second most corrupt EU country after Bulgaria. By gerrymandering the electoral system, subjugating the free press, and curbing the judiciary, Hungary has also achieved the dubious distinction of being named by Freedom House the “least democratic country” among the EU’s 28 members.

You could say the same about the U.K.

10 minutes ago, simple1 said:

At yet it is an incredibly safe, clean country. I've spent months at a time in Budapest and it is as pleasant and safe a city as Chiang Mai. Can't say the same about the capital cities of Western Europe, which get dirtier and more crime ridden with every passing year. 

58 minutes ago, usviphotography said:

At yet it is an incredibly safe, clean country. I've spent months at a time in Budapest and it is as pleasant and safe a city as Chiang Mai. Can't say the same about the capital cities of Western Europe, which get dirtier and more crime ridden with every passing year. 

I know people who have visited Hungary who say the same. I visited Paris years ago when it was a pleasure to walk through its famous boulevards. Look at it now!

Look at London which is now the drug and crime infested dogs hole that has now become the murder capital of Europe.

The outfit SimpleI is referring to obviously have an axe to grind with Hungary, its leader and its people because they will not accept Islamic immigration nor the multicultural agenda that is being imposed upon us by a political elite who do not have to live among these unwelcome new arrivals that the vast majority of us want nothing to do with.

You can bet Simple1 can't tell us when Hungary last had an Islamic terrorist attack on it's soil. Excluding of course events that took place during the days of the Ottoman Empire.

22 minutes ago, candide said:

From a non-EU source:

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/12/17/18144648/hungary-protest-orban-labor-democracy

You did not answer my (simple) question: would you like the same to be applied in your country?

Yes. When it applies to who should be allowed to settle in my country.

The crowds may be demonstrating about certain aspects of Orban's governance just like people are able to do in any democracy.

But you can bet your teeth they're not demonstrating because they want more immigration into their country. They've seen what a mess it's made of our country and the rest of 'liberal' Western Europe.

On 3/21/2019 at 2:58 AM, sabian said:

Or did they suspend him cause there was a good chance he would Vito the U.K. extension on Brexit and scupper the EU’s plan to get May’s horrible deal through......

He and his party was suspended from the EPP, a political grouping with in the European Parliament.

If he is also the head of state he would have taken part in the EU summit on Thursday and would have agreed along with the other 26 to the extension deal, they had to be unanimous on it.

He is always welcome to join Farages "Europe of Freedom and Direct Democracy Group" I suppose... 

3 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Yes. When it applies to who should be allowed to settle in my country.

So I assume that you wouldn't like the other parts of his policy to be implemented in your country. And these other parts are exactly the reasons why Orban's party has been blacklisted by the EPP group.

12 hours ago, candide said:

Yes. If you want to split hairs, you may object that it was proportional voting. This mode is considered to be as democratic as others and is, for example, the way they elect MPs in the NL.

MP's are elected by direct vote in the NL. Senate members, a part time job, indirectly.

1 hour ago, candide said:

So I assume that you wouldn't like the other parts of his policy to be implemented in your country. And these other parts are exactly the reasons why Orban's party has been blacklisted by the EPP group.

What do these other parts appertain to.

If they are in any way linked to the multicultural agenda championed by the EU it's understandable cos there is no way Orban or the majority of the Hungarian electorate are going to entertain such cracked pottery.

2 hours ago, yogi100 said:

What do these other parts appertain to

Read the linked article, or others, or severalmposts in this thread detailling undemocratic abuses by Orban.

If you care to read the linked article you will also find out that Hungarians are actually emigrating and that there is a shortage of workforce. Lol.

14 hours ago, candide said:

Read the linked article, or others, or severalmposts in this thread detailling undemocratic abuses by Orban.

If you care to read the linked article you will also find out that Hungarians are actually emigrating and that there is a shortage of workforce. Lol.

So what!

Britons have been leaving the UK in droves for the Dominions since 1950 when they saw the writing on the wall regarding our immigration policies. Many many more and in a much larger percentage of the population than have quit Hungary.

The UK politicians after the war tried to justify immigration after the war by claiming there was a shortage of workers in spite of the fact that 5 million ex servicemen were being demobilised and were becoming available for work and also in spite of the fact that there were a constant half a million unemployed throughout the 50s and 60s.

A lifestyle on benefits was hardly an option then. If you failed to go for a job the labour exchange had sent you to you forfeited your dole money. Illegitimate children were put up for adoption and the mothers were put in 'naughty girls homes'. You needed references to get a council home or accommodation from any similar housing organisation. The work shy were scorned and often rejected from social society.

Businessmen wanted cheap labour and the politicians obliged them just like they are doing now with cheap Easter European scab labour. Our people are losing their work ethic and the tax payer is having to pay the price. All because of the levels of immigration promoted by our smarmy and traitorous politicians.

24 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

So what!

Britons have been leaving the UK in droves for the Dominions since 1950 when they saw the writing on the wall regarding our immigration policies. Many many more and in a much larger percentage of the population than have quit Hungary.

The UK politicians after the war tried to justify immigration after the war by claiming there was a shortage of workers in spite of the fact that 5 million ex servicemen were being demobilised and were becoming available for work and also in spite of the fact that there were a constant half a million unemployed throughout the 50s and 60s.

A lifestyle on benefits was hardly an option then. If you failed to go for a job the labour exchange had sent you to you forfeited your dole money. Illegitimate children were put up for adoption and the mothers were put in 'naughty girls homes'. You needed references to get a council home or accommodation from any similar housing organisation. The work shy were scorned and often rejected from social society.

Businessmen wanted cheap labour and the politicians obliged them just like they are doing now with cheap Easter European scab labour. Our people are losing their work ethic and the tax payer is having to pay the price. All because of the levels of immigration promoted by our smarmy and traitorous politicians.

Interesting historic account but hardly comparable to the case of Hungary (i.e. there is no Hungarian Commonwealth, and-according to you- there was not much work shortage.

What I intended to stress was that:

- Hungary has never been much attractive for immigration as salaries are low. Wether before or after Orban, the number of foreigners living in Hungary has always been low and mainly confined to people from neighbouring countries. On the other hand, emigration is at high level, in part thanks to Orban. Work shortage is real, to the point that Orban wants to introduce a law imposing compulsory extra hours of work to be paid 3 years later. So the immigration problem is fake news in this country.

- there is an irony for a country to complain about (an imaginary) immigration problem, while being itself a source of immigration.

On 3/22/2019 at 8:54 AM, candide said:

The OP is not about the European Commission, it is about elected MEPs suspending other MEPs from participating in their political group at the European Parliament.

Instead of ranting about another matter than the OP, check what Orban has done concerning freedom of the Judiciary, Freedom of press, etc... And tell us if you would like the same to happen in your country. 

At what poll point did you go to in order to elect an MEP? Just one poll place that you went to vote.

1 hour ago, Prissana Pescud said:

At what poll point did you go to in order to elect an MEP? Just one poll place that you went to vote.

The usual poll place in a primary school. Why this question? Is it so incredible?

Archived