McCain family punches back at Trump's latest Twitter tirade

webfact

1 hour ago, usviphotography said:

McCain is widely despised by US Veterans for his prominent role in covering up US POW/MIA's in Vietnam. A lot of good men died alone in some hellish SE Asian cage because of him and his friends who chose covering for the Political Establishment rather than helping bring our boys home. 

This expose was written by Syndey Schanberg, who won a Pulizter for his coverage of the War in Cambodia and whose work the film "The Killing Fields" is based on. Predictably, it got almost no coverage in the major Establishment Newspapers in America:  http://www.unz.com/article/mccain-and-the-pow-cover-up/

19 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I read this ages ago, always found it to be thinly "reported", and just re-read it.

A few sentences jump out:

Also in this memoir, McCain expresses guilt at having broken under torture and given the confession. “I felt faithless and couldn’t control my despair,” he writes, revealing that he made two “feeble” attempts at suicide. (In later years, he said he tried to hang himself with his shirt and guards intervened.) Tellingly, he says he lived in “dread” that his father would find out about the confession. “I still wince,” he writes, “when I recall wondering if my father had heard of my disgrace.”

Is McCain haunted by these memories? Does he suppress POW information because its surfacing would rekindle his feelings of shame? On this subject, all I have are questions.

In other words; usviphotography's post is "fake news". Not surprised.

@usviphotography; Care to substantiate your claim that "McCain is widely despised by US Veterans for his prominent role in covering up US POW/MIA's in Vietnam"?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, usviphotography said:

McCain is widely despised by US Veterans for his prominent role in covering up US POW/MIA's in Vietnam. A lot of good men died alone in some hellish SE Asian cage because of him and his friends who chose covering for the Political Establishment rather than helping bring our boys home. 

This expose was written by Syndey Schanberg, who won a Pulizter for his coverage of the War in Cambodia and whose work the film "The Killing Fields" is based on. Predictably, it got almost no coverage in the major Establishment Newspapers in America:  http://www.unz.com/article/mccain-and-the-pow-cover-up/

Unz.com is classified as "questionable source". Lol!

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-unz-report/

1 minute ago, car720 said:

While it may not be literally poison I just cannot for the life of me think of any more fitting word.

So you don't like McD's grub, yet most of the planet does....Your "poison" jibe was a bit OTT...????

6 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

It begs the question; where will the Trump Library be? And who will be the donors that cough up the several hundred million these things tend to cost?

Would anyone liked to speculate on the books ( if any ! ) and other media items that might make up the Trump library ....when the "event happens "   ?? Moscow might have some input !

10 minutes ago, Jack100 said:

Would anyone liked to speculate on the books ( if any ! ) and other media items that might make up the Trump library ....when the "event happens "   ?? Moscow might have some input !

Bring on the Clown(s)

Alice in Wonderland...........and any kids comics that a dimwit like trump can read.

6 hours ago, usviphotography said:

I recall a briefing many years ago while I was in the Air Force from a Vietnam War POW.  He said he and other POW's made a point of keeping track of each other to ensure none were left behind, and for that reason he didn't believe there were any American POW's left behind.

He also said everyone broke eventually under torture, and a great deal of time was spent re-assuring these men that they had not actually betrayed their county.

However I'm sure you wouldn't post the above if you and Syndney Schanberg weren't also former POW's who had endured years of confinement and torture without breaking.  Why don't you tell us about it?

18 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Trump showing us just what he is and what he stands for; small minded, angry, petty, vindictive and callous. Ne really does introduce a new low to all he touches. 

What you fail to understand is that near on 50% of the voting public disagrees with you. They love him.

He could shoot you in the main street and they would defend him, the supreme court would find him not guilty,

and they would dig up some false dirt to incriminate you.

This is the reality of USA now, where crimes committed overseas by US personnel may not be investigated.

And the incumbent is far above that level of protection. 

The intent of the law and constitution is being denied, you got yourself a president above the law, past present and future. 

Suck it up. Yay USA, all the way.... (suckers)

It is a sad reflection on every US military former personnel, that a

phoney sore spur heel draft dodger now further denigrates a military man who served his country with distinction.

And now that he has gone, he further tries to denigrate him.

Despite every other loathsome thing the incumbent has done that is misguided to say the least, an attack on an honourable dead person is beyond the pale.

The sad thing is that this will only increase his standings among his base.

I visited his "prison" (a small tilted concrete block" in Hanoi.

The scum who deride him have no idea what he went through.

And when he returned he bought with him an idea to cease crazy US radical policy, 

Which time and time again kills US servicemen and results in lame withdrawals from invaded countries.

You think that US talks with Taliban is a win.

How many died to have a lame meaningless retreat. (Same again for Vietnam, Lebanon, Somalia, now Syria et al)

That US military is a joke because when the going gets tough, we go home. Which is where you belong.

I suspect all non spur heel draft dodgers who served their country will despair at this abuse to them.

You pathetic leader Mr Trump, Mr McCain is honourable. The other crap about him covering up his own

treatment as a POW is laughable. He was interned in hellish conditions.

And someone disputes this. Oh Yay, USA, you will despoil anyone for political reasons.

Name one inmate at "Hanoi Hilton" who condemns him.

16 hours ago, candide said:

Unz.com is classified as "questionable source". Lol!

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-unz-report/

And if you actually read the link you would have seen that the article has merely been reprinted there. Schadberg is a life long leftist who spent the bulk of his career working for the NY Times. He also worked at New York Newsday (another lefty publication) and The Village Voice (which is on par with The Nation in terms of ideological Leftism).

43 minutes ago, usviphotography said:

And if you actually read the link you would have seen that the article has merely been reprinted there. Schadberg is a life long leftist who spent the bulk of his career working for the NY Times. He also worked at New York Newsday (another lefty publication) and The Village Voice (which is on par with The Nation in terms of ideological Leftism).

You are right. I should have read it.

25 minutes ago, usviphotography said:

How about this image of a veteran from the Iraq War- a conflict that John McCain was perhaps the most rabid cheerleader for in all of the US Congress and for which he never apologized.

Was McCain the President during the Iraq War?  Nevermind.  You seem to be "all-in" when it comes to defending Trump.  But this is really indefensible...not to mention self-defeating.  McCain was a Republican and one of the most respected conservatives of his generation.  It makes no sense to continually attack him.  I never agreed much with the man's politics, but I've always thought of him as an honorable and decent man.  Those are words I can never use to describe Trump. 

Republicans are fools for putting up with Trump. They should invoke the 25th before he destroys them.

McCain may have been a war mongering hawk but he doesn't deserve to have that uneducated orange buffoon stomping on his grave.

General Bone Spurs.

Just another fake American businessman who graduated from uni courtesy of a heavy brown envelope.

2 hours ago, samran said:

Trump is arguing with a corpse, and the corpse is winning. 

That is the best post so far this year kudos sir and thank you I was laughing so hard my wife came running and both of us were beside ourselves thanks well done!!

5 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Was McCain the President during the Iraq War?  Nevermind.  You seem to be "all-in" when it comes to defending Trump.  But this is really indefensible...not to mention self-defeating.  McCain was a Republican and one of the most respected conservatives of his generation.  It makes no sense to continually attack him.  I never agreed much with the man's politics, but I've always thought of him as an honorable and decent man.  Those are words I can never use to describe Trump. 

McCain is utterly despised by Conservatives. Trump bashed him all through the election campaign and it didn't hurt him with Republican Primary voters in the slightest (Trump won McCain's home state of Arizona by nearly 25 points in the 2016 GOP Primary). And thank God McCain wasn't President during the Iraq War or we probably would have launched a simultaneous invasion of Iran and North Korea while we were at. McCain was the guy who was advocating WWIII with Russia after Georgia invaded South Ossetia and the Russians drove them back. The man is a complete warmongering loon. He is despised by Conservatives, despised by Veterans, and the only group that actually respects McCain are the Bankers (yes, he was one of the Senators involved in the Keating Five Scandal) and the Globalist Elite who he dedicated his life to serve. 

McCain is utterly despised by Conservatives. Trump bashed him all through the election campaign and it didn't hurt him with Republican Primary voters in the slightest (Trump won McCain's home state of Arizona by nearly 25 points in the 2016 GOP Primary). And thank God McCain wasn't President during the Iraq War or we probably would have launched a simultaneous invasion of Iran and North Korea while we were at. McCain was the guy who was advocating WWIII with Russia after Georgia invaded South Ossetia and the Russians drove them back. The man is a complete warmongering loon. He is despised by Conservatives, despised by Veterans, and the only group that actually respects McCain are the Bankers (yes, he was one of the Senators involved in the Keating Five Scandal) and the Globalist Elite who he dedicated his life to serve. 
You are right about McCain!

I am glad we have the reasonable guys like Bollton and Pompeio at the helm now.
[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-J250F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 3/21/2019 at 6:44 PM, transam said:

So you don't like McD's grub, yet most of the planet does....Your "poison" jibe was a bit OTT...????

If most of the planet does, or do you mean Donald Trump, then why do so many people decry it as junk food?

Archived