Woman crushed under a truck, two others injured, truck speeds away, Kata Hill

webfact

Woman crushed under a truck, two others injured, truck speeds away, Kata Hill

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

S__5390358-1024x768.jpg

A motorbike driver has died after slipping on oil spilled on the road. The woman fell off the motorbike and was crushed by a water truck in Kata last night. Two others motorists also sustained injuries. Police are searching for the truck driver.

The incident happened on Patak Road on Kata Hill at 6.50pm last night (Wednesday).

Police and emergency responders arrived to find a body of a woman, later identified as 26 year old Natticha Attachewa from Phetchabun in north-central Thailand.

Full story:  https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/woman-crushed-under-a-truck-two-others-injured-truck-speeds-away-kata-hill

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-03-21

6 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Truck driver may not even know what happened. 

Witnesses say the truck stopped 100 metres down the road. They say the driver got out of the truck to inspect the wheels.

He did!

6 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

He did!

Yeah he inspected the wheels, so does that mean he knows he ran someone over or alternately he might have thought he had a puncture. I understand your scepticism, it isnt typical to stop or render assistance and I think that those drivers are scum of the earth. I was posing the question on the slim chance he might actually have inadvertantly been involved in a collision in a laden water truck.

6 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Yeah he inspected the wheels, so does that mean he knows he ran someone over or alternately he might have thought he had a puncture.

Lol. Perhaps he woke up from the 'bump' when he run over her.

Natticha’s motorbike slipped on oil on the road. She fell off the motorbike and was crushed by a water truck driving just behind Natticha.

Very dangerous hills there.i nearly died in the same spot in 2005.broken back,legs,fingers,ribs,jaw and a scooter that could of fitted in a pizza box after going under the wheels.dont know who was to blame as I was unconscious for a day and can't remember sod all but I bet I got the blame being a farang.

12 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

I was posing the question on the slim chance he might actually have inadvertantly been involved in a collision in a laden water truck.

He was the water truck!

20 hours ago, petermik said:

Another shocking waste of life on the roads here...does no one in authority care......R.I.P. young lady :jap:

No, she was a young female from another (poorer) province, working as a migrant in affluent Phuket, probably to send money home to support family.

Why should anyone be bothered?

Ten more will have got off the  overnight bus this morning.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:10 AM, Vacuum said:

He did!

He may have thought that something had happened to his truck that made him check the wheels but with no evidence of anything untoward at the scene where he stopped it's not unreasonable to initially give him the benefit of the doubt.

29 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

He may have thought that something had happened to his truck that made him check the wheels but with no evidence of anything untoward at the scene where he stopped it's not unreasonable to initially give him the benefit of the doubt.

Well, after reading this:

Natticha’s motorbike slipped on oil on the road. She fell off the motorbike and was crushed by a water truck driving just behind Natticha. 

Witnesses say the truck stopped 100 metres down the road. They say the driver got out of the truck to inspect the wheels. Witnesses tried to take photo of him but he got back into his truck and sped away.

5 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Well, after reading this:

Perhaps she was crushed by the rear wheels and he did not see that?

Perhaps he stopped 100m further on to check what he may have felt was wrong with his truck but couldn't see anything.

So what, if someone took his photo, that means nothing.

Perhaps he drove away when he thought all was ok.  Laden water trucks don't exactly speed anywhere, perhaps the witnesses just meant that he drove away. 

If he really thought that he had just crushed the woman in the accident why would he have stopped and allowed himself to be photographed?

• 4 weeks later...

What a tragic death. rip young lady

also slipped on oil lost by a truck recently and I remember that quarter of second, while you're sliding on the tarmac, you look back to check if your head is going to be squashed by a pick up or a truck right behind you. 

You drive a bike and you're on suicide watch in this country. You're either exposed to 

recklessness Thai male drivers (some see you like a cockroach as they drive the bigger vehicle) or to the drunk drivers or to the inept drivers or to conditions e.g. unsecured roads like for this lady, soy dogs crossing, sand on the curves etc, etc...

I luv driving a bike but sadly I realize that if I want to live a bit longer I need to get my ass in a car though I shouldn't need one.

Archived