Does anyone else practice 'detachment' in order to keep sanity whilst living in LOS

davidst01

1 hour ago, davidst01 said:

'I feel an educated person who cares about quality and correctness would go absolutely insane dealing with many Thais if he didn't practice avoidance and detachment.'

Agree with that comment, and I find that I have to sometimes "concentrate" to live my life here, around all the crap that is going on, and accept it for what it is and just utter, TIT after all, so it's to be expected!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

"grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,and the wisdom to know the difference"

Often its ones attitude that needs to change, not the environment.

Nice quote.  I make calendars each year, each one different depending on their interests, for family in UK and friends, used this quote last year.

44 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Crazy things happen all over the world, not just in Thailand. Thailand is far away from perfect but it still gives many of us enough opportunities to enjoy our lives.

My enjoyment consists of quietly laughing at the daily farce I see spread before me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have as  little  interaction with Thais  as  possible to ease the insanity I see  all around.

This  morning just driving 2 km 3  motorbikes  pulled out of side roads with out the slightest glance, of course I knew they would do this but one day they  will be jam up the road, that's  the insanity.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, davidst01 said:

'I feel an educated person who cares about quality and correctness would go absolutely insane dealing with many Thais if he didn't practice avoidance and detachment.'

Exactly what I do.

I only interact with Thais in simple commercial transactions.

• Haha 2