TIP > How to pick the best time to transfer Euro into THB

HI, might be useful for some TV members regularly changing Euro in THB.

Every 1-2 months I am transmitting approx 2000 Euro to THB with TransferWise.

But with the volatility of both the Euro and the THB, picking the right moment to transfer the money can save you quite some money.

Last month the rate was 35,2 and today it's 36,2.

On top of regularly checking the rate to determine when to transfer, I also make use of the following website

> https://walletinvestor.com/forex-forecast/eur-thb-prediction

It features graphs with short- and long-term predictions of the rate, and the short-term predictions are quite accurate.

According to that site, the rate is going up and should be approx 36,4 in 1 week.

That 5 year forecast (33.2) spoils my day :smile:

But indeed I already planned for a life with 30 for the Baht.

And 36 for the Pound would also not make happy faces.

https://walletinvestor.com/forex-forecast/gbp-thb-prediction

24(!) for the Dollar.

https://walletinvestor.com/forex-forecast/usd-thb-prediction

OK, now I put this aside and say it's like astrology :biggrin:

At least in the long term prediction.

And how can they predict political effects like the oncoming "election" and Brexit/No Brexit?

lol if you're using Transferwise all you need to do is view any of the live interbank rates and instigate the transfer locking in that rate immediately

36 to the £

33 to Euro

lol

Thai Banks are anticipating the Baht weakening out to 35 by June and 37 by years end. That of course is ignoring completely the opposite side of the currency pairing, your own currency against the Greenback

With Brexit sorted one way or another by June (with the certain rise of Sterling/Dollar) and Baht weakening out to 35 we can expect to see Sterling back above 50 with a fair wind

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

And how can they predict political effects like the oncoming "election" and Brexit/No Brexit?

Have just read that site and have never before seen such an outright pile of drivel

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

lol if you're using Transferwise all you need to do is view any of the live interbank rates and instigate the transfer locking in that rate immediately 

That's indeed what I do.  By clicking

1 EUR to THB - TransferWise

and that gives you the rate you will get NOW as well as a graph with the day rates of the last 30 or 90 days.

But I also now check https://walletinvestor.com/forex-forecast/eur-thb-prediction to see what's the short-term prediction.

If they predict UP I just wait - it they predict DOWN I do my transferral.

The short-term prediction is - as far as I have seen till now - fairly accurate.

If these predictions were correct in more than 50% of the cases you could just buy foreign exchange options based on them and would become rich.

This means the people who made this website would just use the predictions for themself and would not publish them.

So we can conclude that these predictions are just random numbers and useless.

18 hours ago, Chivas said:

With Brexit sorted one way or another by June (with the certain rise of Sterling/Dollar) and Baht weakening out to 35 we can expect to see Sterling back above 50 with a fair wind

????????????

On 3/21/2019 at 10:42 AM, Peter Denis said:

> https://walletinvestor.com/forex-forecast/eur-thb-prediction

It features graphs with short- and long-term predictions of the rate, and the short-term predictions are quite accurate.

Utter nonsense beyond a couple weeks. They are simply applying standard deviations, then choosing a direction. It is the direction that is nonsense.

I remember back in mid 2000's when Canadian dollar when 1 cent over par with US. Everyone and their butler was crying how those US quarters are destroying Canadian economy because they can be used in vending machines. It's going down, they said. It's only going to get worse, they said. Ban US quarters, they said.

Ten years later Canadian Peso is where it belongs again..... in the toilet.

I didn't know that the euro was back above 36...

Let's hope it holds there a bit... 

With all what's going on in Europe, there is little reason for expecting the upside... but since there are no financial markets anymore, only the illusion of these, everything is possible nowadays... such as the more you borrow and go into debt, the lower the interest rates go... ain't that fantastic? 

Archived