Lady of the Hills: British husband could face prosecution for crime committed abroad

webfact

11 hours ago, Jaggg88 said:

Read the article, second paragraph 'British police in South Yorkshire who reopened the case said last year that they are treating it as a murder inquiry.' Now they wouldn't be treating it as a murder enquiry if there wasn't any evidence.

Her body was found in a stream on deserted moorlands wrapped in a cloth, partially clothed. Plenty of evidence to be at least suspicious.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, bangrak said:

When and if the death of this thai woman, whose remains were discovered outside the borders of the Kingdom of Thailand, would have been caused by a criminal act, this does not, at all, fall under the jurisdiction of thai Justice, but single and all under that of the sovereign(!) country where her remains were found, and she was possibly, probably, killed! Period!

This to me is just another stinking part of 'thainess', the too well known racist, xhenophobic one, and thai Justice, when anything worth that name does exist, what can, alas, be seriously put into doubt, does not have the tip of a tiny toe to stand on to act in any, ...even thai, legal way against any foreign individual legally 'residing' (well, like the 'untermenschen' categorised under the maligned long-stay-alien denomination).

When the UK's authorities would want to pay any attention to these imbeciles, with a long pole not to make themselves dirty, they might ask for that sacro-saint, for minority-complexed Thais, reciprocity concept, ...and be, automatically, with no excuse, authorised to (re-)investigate the many, many tens of cases wherein UK nationals died in Thailand, and allowed to dig up by all means the truth behind the des-interest, lazyness, manigances, lies, and worse committed by the brown mafia, and other criminal organisations and individuals, supported by a crooked judicial system, which have over the years lead to criminal acts supposedly committed by thai nationals on thai soil!

Will never happen of course, too many 'suicides', 'accidental deaths', 'unsolved cases', or, often, fake justice. Koh Tao, anyone?

God, these ...... made me angry with this, and not even from the UK!  

The UK police were involved in Koh Tao case. Misplaced anger mate.

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaivisa also understands that Mr Armitage was familiar with the area where the body was found after spending much time there as a teenager. 

This is the most interesting part , and linking Armitage to the crime scene.  I hope the UK police will track all his movements back in 2004.  That shouldn't be too difficult. Bank transactions, ATM, hotels , and maybe also his cell phone can be tracked, even if it was back in 2004.  

20 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Not saying its right or wrong, but even if he did say this to his children, that she had run off with another man, who can say that this isn't true? And if it did happen like this, who is to say that the man she ran off with didn't kill her?

But what does get to me is that an on-going investigation is being dragged through the media, initially being reported by not the most reliable tabloid source in the UK. It used to be that reporting like this would always work in the favour of the accused; defence claiming the reporting is biasing all the jury members. And yes, I'm talking about juries in the UK, not this nonsense that Thailand would be trying him.

Story states the last child was of Thai nationality, think about it. She must have had a Thai boyfriend, if so why would he kill her over there? Old mate looks guilty to me, but thats just my opinion. I'm not the judge that has to try him...

3 hours ago, jossthaifarang said:

Story states the last child was of Thai nationality, think about it. She must have had a Thai boyfriend, if so why would he kill her over there? Old mate looks guilty to me, but thats just my opinion. I'm not the judge that has to try him...

'The couple had two children and there was a third child with a Thai man who preceded their relationship.'

It's a common mix.

Another newspaper report seemed to suggest he was in Thailand at the time of her disappearance.

But as ever, particularly with the Thai press, the English is imprecise.

My son in Thailand was born with Thai nationality as his Mother is Thai and he was born in Thailand.

He also has UK nationality and a UK birth certificate but only because I registered him at the embassy.

Does it state where her last child was born? If it was the UK she could have registered the child at the Thai embassy in the UK.

I am glad that you said it was only your opinion

As yet it's far from clear that a crime has even occurred.

4 hours ago, balo said:

This is the most interesting part , and linking Armitage to the crime scene.  I hope the UK police will track all his movements back in 2004.  That shouldn't be too difficult. Bank transactions, ATM, hotels , and maybe also his cell phone can be tracked, even if it was back in 2004.  

Well, he would be familiar with it because it's where he grew up. I believe the woman was living there too.  Where would you expect?

16 minutes ago, Fred white said:

I thought I read where it was the UK that reopened the case

Not to the point of enabling 'Somchai of the yard' to fit someone up for something that might have occurred within British jurisdiction.

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

My son in Thailand was born with Thai nationality as his Mother is Thai and he was born in Thailand.

He also has UK nationality and a UK birth certificate but only because I registered him at the embassy.

Does it state where her last child was born? If it was the UK she could have registered the child at the Thai embassy in the UK.

I am glad that you said it was only your opinion

Reports in the British media say that the woman had a child (a son) with a Thai man when she was 19, before she met and married her British husband.  She went on to have two children with her husband (a son and a daughter) who both appear to have been born in the U.K.  At one point in the marriage, the Thai child came to live with them in the U.K. After his wife's "disappearance" the husband is alleged to have returned to Thailand with the two British children, leaving the Thai boy with his parents.  A very peculiar story indeed.

Further details here:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8675040/parents-lady-of-the-hills-murder-victim-talk-years-anguish-yorkshire-dales-police/

Archived