Video: Better stick to walking! Female on a scooter goes viral

webfact

Video: Better stick to walking! Female on a scooter goes viral

9pm_VI.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Dash cam footage going viral on social media shows a woman on a blue scooter come off in front of a car preparing to make a turn yesterday afternoon. 

She gets back up and is helped momentarily by a passer-by but she appears to have revved the accelerator.

She is instantly propelled into the back of a red car parked some distance ahead. 

A post on "Hia" on Facebook suggested that the woman didn't know that some bikes are "auto". 

Here at Thaivisa we suggest that walking might be safer. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-21

She was obviously upset after she neglected to look as she entered into traffic causing another vehicle who obviously continued without using caution and ultimately hit her! But the scooter man in the hole win's the nitwit medal for lunacy  driving

It was on idle stop, and when she pushed it, she turned the throttle at the same time, and it started and took off! I did the same thing, on my new click. Fortunately, the bike only hit the plastic garbage can, not a car of person. Maybe the bike shop could give a bit of info on this subject.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

It just gets better, how the hell did she ever think that she could ride a scooter?

Keep death off the roads.

There is a song colinneil from about 1973 by Capability Brown , it is called ' Keep death off the road , drive on the pavement '. Go on look it up .

Their is a rule in England when you take a motor-bike test you lay the bike on its side , then told to lift it upright , if you cannot , you don't take the test . But I agree when in a panic it is easy to keep the throttle open 

They should all be off the roads and imposed to do a proper driving training, not in Thailand unfortunately ☹️ 

I guess the daily amount of deaths on the roads isn’t enough to get the so called cops attention.

I wouldn’t  let any Thai get near anything with an engine for that matter,  until they're able to drive in a straight line first and foremost, absolutely hopeless at the wheels ????????‍♂️

Their is a rule in England when you take a motor-bike test you lay the bike on its side , then told to lift it upright , if you cannot , you don't take the test . But I agree when in a panic it is easy to keep the throttle open 
Really ? that's a new one on me.
There's a youtube vid of a (smallish) woman "uprightinng" one of those stupidly heavy Goldwings.. its all down to technique.

1 hour ago, Tonyt00 said:

It was on idle stop, and when she pushed it, she turned the throttle at the same time, and it started and took off! I did the same thing, on my new click. Fortunately, the bike only hit the plastic garbage can, not a car of person. Maybe the bike shop could give a bit of info on this subject.

Ah yes! I wasn't thinking outside the box at all was I. I've only had one incident on my scooter (also a Click) when I slipped on an oil spill and my 1st instinctive reaction was switch off the ignition. I guess that safety instinct comes from working for so long in the aerospace industry.

Good case here for Scooter manufactures to install an ignition cut off 'tilt switch' that kills the engine and forces the rider to recycle the startup process from the beginning.

36 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I guess that safety instinct comes from working for so long in the aerospace industry.

Good case here for Scooter manufactures to install an ignition cut off 'tilt switch' that kills the engine and forces the rider to recycle the startup process from the beginning.

Imagine robot voice -- "recycle the startup process from the beginning" or "restart the bike again" for normal people, I thought Stephen Hawking has passed on ????

6 hours ago, soistalker said:

How would you like to be married to her? She does something wrong, immediately points a finger at you, then makes everything exponentially worse. So Thai.

I was wondering if she is a foreigner... her 'gesticulation' blaming the car after cutting it up seems a 'westernized' response.... 

After watching the video my first thought was 'western tourist' who doesn't know how to ride a bike.... 

16 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I was wondering if she is a foreigner... her 'gesticulation' blaming the car after cutting it up seems a 'westernized' response.... 

After watching the video my first thought was 'western tourist' who doesn't know how to ride a bike.... 

She looks like an underdressed western millennial to me, if this can be be confirmed it would make the video even more watchable and I'd love to here about the financial consequences she incurred.

The real enemy is "Idle Stop".

Drop a scooter and it usually cuts out.

Pick up one that cut out  with the  Idle Stop  feature , and touch the right grip , and it immediately fires up again and takes off.

An achilles heal with the design if I ever saw one.

Archived