Homemade Pierogies

KrisBKK

7 minutes ago, mardy1960 said:

why so very expensive ?

Those are cheap dude. I have paid essentially $1 each in the USA for real good ones. The question is...are they good. Only I, a man if Russian background, spending years in blue collar Polish cities, am qualified to answer.

Until I try them, they remain an unknown. 

@ mardy1960 

Have you ever looked at the price of good cheese in a supermarket in Thailand? Or better yet, the price of good potatoes- I'm not talking about the ones from Lotus, or even the price of good flour???

I don't think you should be comparing the price I'm quoting with the prices you find in Canada.

Canada is well-known for cheese since it has a big diary industry which probably explains why cheese is relatively inexpensive- same for wheat- same for potatoes which equates to cheap pierogies. If you want cheap ones, you'll have to import frozen from North America or Europe...good luck ????

8 hours ago, mardy1960 said:

well i am from canada and a city full of Polish and ukraianan people lol we pay $100 baht for 12 potato and cheddar 

Well I never. I always thought Cheddar was in Somerset, England. We have nice potatoes too.

What is this Ukranian/Polish cheesy impersonator?

On 3/22/2019 at 7:05 PM, KrisBKK said:

@ mardy1960 

Have you ever looked at the price of good cheese in a supermarket in Thailand? Or better yet, the price of good potatoes- I'm not talking about the ones from Lotus, or even the price of good flour???

I don't think you should be comparing the price I'm quoting with the prices you find in Canada.

Canada is well-known for cheese since it has a big diary industry which probably explains why cheese is relatively inexpensive- same for wheat- same for potatoes which equates to cheap pierogies. If you want cheap ones, you'll have to import frozen from North America or Europe...good luck ????

So, where is your cheese sourced? Imported?

Archived