BANGKOK 21 May 2019 21:59
ETatBKK

a bankbook update is required while picking up the VISA extension ?

hi there

this morning at Chaeng Wattana while picking up the VISA extension that has been processed 4 weeks ago, the staff assistant asked me for a copy of bankbook update ( this morning ) for picking up the VISA extension.  too bad I didn't carry that specific bankbook with me, and I return with empty hand.

it is new to me.  not sure if it is a formal change of procedure or else.  any idea ?

cheers

ET@bkk

Posted (edited)

Presuming an extension based on marriage some places wish to see that the 400k baht is still there at the end of the approval period. So a total of 3 months, 2 pre-seasoning and one during the approval period until issuance.

Edited by jacko45k
some not many, one would be better!
  • Like 2

That is fairly new and is only at Chaeng Wattana immigration. 

They have been informing applicants recently about the requirement after the application is accepted.

• Sad 1

I presume the OP is talking about coming back to pick up a marriage extension at CW BKK?

thanks guys, YES it is a marriage VISA extension.  while we submit the application ( that was a super smooth process ), no one inform us this requirement at the pick up of the VISA extension.

well, we have to add this requirement into our own checklist then . . .

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

So a total of 3 months, 2 pre-seasoning and one during the approval period until issuance.

thanks Jack

what does above statement means ?  although I keep this particular bank account / bankbook FROZEN for this VISA extension ( and no transaction in between ), does it mean there will be another round of validation at CW BKK from now to next renewal ?

4 minutes ago, ETatBKK said:

thanks Jack

what does above statement means ?  although I keep this particular bank account / bankbook FROZEN for this VISA extension ( and no transaction in between ), does it mean there will be another round of validation at CW BKK from now to next renewal ?

No, for an Ext based on marriage you can start to spend once you get the extension. You will need the 400k seasoned for 2 months prior to next application. 

Yes. Absolutely needed. 400k on the day with no withdrawals

if it is just a bankbook update... in the shithole I have to go, there is nothing.

not an ATM, not a bankbook update machine

not even clean toilets

you guys in CW are so lucky... restaurants, all the banks that can deliver the papers

• Like 1

They need to know you still had your 800k or 400k in the bank. They are not soft.

Thanks for the OP. I have decided to bring my bank book with me everytime I am going to the immigration office.

• Like 1

Just now, Thailand J said:

Thanks for the OP. I have decided to bring my bank book with me everytime I am going to the immigration office.

I am wondering if I need take it with me overseas to show to immigration on return!!!

• Haha 2

I've  just done this and its  not  just a bankbook update it['s a  second letter from the bank confirming "something" also, was  asked for this 1  week before the extension was granted ie 3  weeks  after the application, bank  book not required on collection  of extension of stay on the day. 

Hua  Hin.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Presuming an extension based on marriage some places wish to see that the 400k baht is still there at the end of the approval period. So a total of 3 months, 2 pre-seasoning and one during the approval period until issuance.

Unless, as in one case reported here, they say they are not finished, and come back another month later. 

It was reported at another office before CW started doing it.  

1 hour ago, shaurene said:

They need to know you still had your 800k or 400k in the bank. They are not soft.

The rules say you need 2 months seasoning when you apply, so this is a cruel and dishonest thing to do.  Expect it to spread like a virus, as seems to happen with many Thai-immigration scams.

Edited by JackThompson

1 hour ago, gunderhill said:

I've  just done this and its  not  just a bankbook update it['s a  second letter from the bank confirming "something" also, was  asked for this 1  week before the extension was granted ie 3  weeks  after the application, bank  book not required on collection  of extension of stay on the day. 

Hua  Hin.

At CW, it is as described above (several reports, now).  You are using a different office, with a different way to jerk us around for marrying a Thai. 

For HH people, it would be good to know what the 2nd bank letter was all about.  You already provided a bank letter with the initial application - correct?  And you were using the 400K "in the bank seasoned 2 months" method?