a bankbook update is required while picking up the VISA extension ?

hi there

this morning at Chaeng Wattana while picking up the VISA extension that has been processed 4 weeks ago, the staff assistant asked me for a copy of bankbook update ( this morning ) for picking up the VISA extension.  too bad I didn't carry that specific bankbook with me, and I return with empty hand.

it is new to me.  not sure if it is a formal change of procedure or else.  any idea ?

cheers

ET@bkk

Presuming an extension based on marriage some places wish to see that the 400k baht is still there at the end of the approval period. So a total of 3 months, 2 pre-seasoning and one during the approval period until issuance.

Edited by jacko45k
some not many, one would be better!
  • Like 2

thanks guys, YES it is a marriage VISA extension.  while we submit the application ( that was a super smooth process ), no one inform us this requirement at the pick up of the VISA extension.

well, we have to add this requirement into our own checklist then . . .

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

So a total of 3 months, 2 pre-seasoning and one during the approval period until issuance.

thanks Jack

what does above statement means ?  although I keep this particular bank account / bankbook FROZEN for this VISA extension ( and no transaction in between ), does it mean there will be another round of validation at CW BKK from now to next renewal ?

4 minutes ago, ETatBKK said:

thanks Jack

what does above statement means ?  although I keep this particular bank account / bankbook FROZEN for this VISA extension ( and no transaction in between ), does it mean there will be another round of validation at CW BKK from now to next renewal ?

No, for an Ext based on marriage you can start to spend once you get the extension. You will need the 400k seasoned for 2 months prior to next application. 

Just now, Thailand J said:

Thanks for the OP. I have decided to bring my bank book with me everytime I am going to the immigration office.

I am wondering if I need take it with me overseas to show to immigration on return!!!

• Haha 2

I've  just done this and its  not  just a bankbook update it['s a  second letter from the bank confirming "something" also, was  asked for this 1  week before the extension was granted ie 3  weeks  after the application, bank  book not required on collection  of extension of stay on the day. 

Hua  Hin.

19 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Presuming an extension based on marriage some places wish to see that the 400k baht is still there at the end of the approval period. So a total of 3 months, 2 pre-seasoning and one during the approval period until issuance.

Unless, as in one case reported here, they say they are not finished, and come back another month later. 

It was reported at another office before CW started doing it.  

1 hour ago, shaurene said:

They need to know you still had your 800k or 400k in the bank. They are not soft.

The rules say you need 2 months seasoning when you apply, so this is a cruel and dishonest thing to do.  Expect it to spread like a virus, as seems to happen with many Thai-immigration scams.

Edited by JackThompson

1 hour ago, gunderhill said:

I've  just done this and its  not  just a bankbook update it['s a  second letter from the bank confirming "something" also, was  asked for this 1  week before the extension was granted ie 3  weeks  after the application, bank  book not required on collection  of extension of stay on the day. 

Hua  Hin.

At CW, it is as described above (several reports, now).  You are using a different office, with a different way to jerk us around for marrying a Thai. 

For HH people, it would be good to know what the 2nd bank letter was all about.  You already provided a bank letter with the initial application - correct?  And you were using the 400K "in the bank seasoned 2 months" method?

19 hours ago, jacko45k said:

No, for an Ext based on marriage you can start to spend once you get the extension. You will need the 400k seasoned for 2 months prior to next application. 

Exactly, BUT they will make up stuff as they go along. Forget the police order, forget what's there in black and white .................."New rule, new rule." ????

• Like 2

1 week after handing my documents in at Buriram immigration for my extension based on marriage my wife had a call from the IO and was asked to bring 1 more photocopy of her ID card and 1 more copy of the kor tor even though we supplied 2 copies of everything, then 1 week later another call asking for a bank statement having now made 3 trips to immigration I have to return again in 2 weeks to obtain the extension it will be a total of 800k driving, I think it will be best to update my bank book on the way there or I could be clocking up 1000k, envious of you guys who live close to your immigration office.

Yeah the last time I went to collect mine at Chang Watthana they asked to see my bank book which I didn't have with me. So they just asked that I get a photocopy of an ATM receipt from the account which was a then few thousand below 400k but they were fine with it.

31 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

At CW, it is as described above (several reports, now).  You are using a different office, with a different way to jerk us around for marrying a Thai. 

For HH people, it would be good to know what the 2nd bank letter was all about.  You already provided a bank letter with the initial application - correct?  And you were using the 400K "in the bank seasoned 2 months" method?

Yes 1st  letter on application, I'm not sure what the second letter was  for as my Wife did it and shes currently in  Japan, Ill ask her later when I speak to her.I  think it was to confirm who I am and how long  Ive had  the acc how  long  money had been in there and when money went in and  out , all seems  rather stupid as bank  book and previous  letter show everything.

400k seasoned etc

• Like 1

hi there

finally I get my VISA extension at CW Immigration; 6 hours door-to-door including commutes !  at the counter L8, one officer, 1 staff and 1 intern, waited 1.5 HOURS for the ticket #6.  in the past it used to be 15 to 20 minutes.

the staff said following documents are required :

1) arrival form TM6, shown less than 90 days, otherwise

2) the receipt of the 90-days reporting

3) the ORIGINAL bankbook, updated today

4) photocopy of the bankbook updated, the first and the 'today' pages

I asked there were bank letter and bankbook copies in the application; she said 'AGAIN'.

after 1.5 HOURS, the VISA Extension was granted on my passport, and my bankbook was tied in between by a rubber bang.  seems they go through it seriously.

put these in your checklist, and BE PREPARED

39 minutes ago, ETatBKK said:

1) arrival form TM6

A copy of the TM6 departure card has always been required for extension applications.

40 minutes ago, ETatBKK said:

shown less than 90 days, otherwise

Not sure what you mean by that.

hi Ubonjoe

this is the case that the CW staff asking for above 4 documents 'AGAIN' at PICKING UP the VISA extension; not at the application.

staff checks if the TM6 expired the 90 days; otherwise you may need a receipt of the 90-days reporting.

On 3/21/2019 at 2:39 PM, ubonjoe said:

That is fairly new and is only at Chaeng Wattana immigration. 

They have been informing applicants recently about the requirement after the application is accepted.

Just had to do it in Mukdahan for Marriage Extension too

2 hours ago, ETatBKK said:

hi Ubonjoe

this is the case that the CW staff asking for above 4 documents 'AGAIN' at PICKING UP the VISA extension; not at the application.

staff checks if the TM6 expired the 90 days; otherwise you may need a receipt of the 90-days reporting.

You should have an entry stamp in your passport that is less than 90 days and a departure card or you should have done a 90 day report in which case you would have a 90 day report notice from immigration stapled in your passport. Did you not have one or the other in your passport when you picked it up?

Edited by JohnnyBD

13 hours ago, JohnnyBD said:

You should have an entry stamp in your passport that is less than 90 days and a departure card or you should have done a 90 day report in which case you would have a 90 day report notice from immigration stapled in your passport. Did you not have one or the other in your passport when you picked it up?

you are right - either TM6 < 90 days, or 90-days reporting receipt stapled.  after two cases the hotel and myself lost the TM6, then I keep the TM6 together with all the Immigration documents, but not with the passport.

not a good idea going to Immigration though.