Drugs valued at Bt800m seized in three recent busts

webfact

Drugs valued at Bt800m seized in three recent busts

By Jessada Chantharak 
The Nation

87c7368ad9499c92184967e358c55cdd.jpeg

Police have seized a total of eight million methamphetamine pills, 2,070 kilograms of crystal meth or "ice" and 1,546 grams of cocaine – with an estimated street value of Bt800 million - from three recent drug busts.

Four suspects were arrested and a fifth was killed during arrest, national police deputy commissioner Pol General Chalermkiat Srivorakan told a press conference in Bangkok on Thursday.

fda2c585d57d4f48ee39e6e77ab01037.jpeg

In the first case, police arrested three hill tribe men - identified as Boonsong Wusueku, 27, who was killed in a gunfight with police during arrest, Peera Ar-ngee, 25 and Lisu Ar-ngee, 23.

Eight million meth pills, three pick-up trucks, a pistol and five cell phones were seized in the March 16 bust in Chiang Rai province, said Narcotics Suppression Bureau's third regional commander Pol Maj General Watchara Thipmongkol. 

The three men were charged with having illicit drugs in their possession with intent to sell. The late Boonsong would have faced additional charges of resisting police arrest, attempting to kill police and having in his possession without permission a gun and ammunition.

2f0093e3b0101059f39b50183fa6b18a.jpeg

In the second case, police and customs officials this week arrested 47-year-old Bamba Adama, from Ivory Coast, who allegedly smuggled 1,546 grams of cocaine in his stomach at the Suvarnabhumi Airport. 

He has been charged with smuggling cocaine into the Kingdom without permission and having in his possession cocaine with intent to sell.

In the third case, 28-year-old Thai man, Anucha Krinwongsa, from Nan's Wiang Sa district, was arrested on March 19 with 2,070 kilograms of "ice" at Suvarnabhumi Airport. 

His arrests followed a tip-off a day earlier about a batch of drugs to be smuggled out of the country via the airport. 

Anucha was apprehended after officers found the "ice" hidden in his luggage. He was charged with drug possession with intent to sell and attempt to smuggle drugs out of the country.

Source:  http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30366215

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-21

I've noticed over time, the police here NEVER seem to actually arrest / catch any yabaa manufacturing operations... they only catch couriers/transporters...

So does that mean no one's actually manufacturing the stuff here in country, and it's all coming from north of the border?  Or, it's easier to catch the couriers and not actually disrupt the manufacturing facilities...

If the manufacturing is all north of the border, someone up there is getting very rich off Thailand!!!  Of course, just because the manufacturing might be in Laos or Myanmar doesn't mean the people behind those operations are necessarily from those countries....

So does that mean no one's actually manufacturing the stuff here in country, and it's all coming from north of the border?

Yes (more or less)

Or, it's easier to catch the couriers and not actually disrupt the manufacturing facilities... 

Yes it is.

just because the manufacturing might be in Laos or Myanmar doesn't mean the people behind those operations are necessarily from those countries....

No.

this week arrested 47-year-old Bamba Adama, from Ivory Coast, who allegedly smuggled 1,546 grams of cocaine in his stomach at the Suvarnabhumi Airport. 

He has been charged with smuggling cocaine into the Kingdom without permission and having in his possession cocaine with intent to sell).

If he had permission to smuggle the cocaine into to the kingdom  would it have been ok for him to sell it ?

2 minutes ago, Ches9266 said:

this week arrested 47-year-old Bamba Adama, from Ivory Coast, who allegedly smuggled 1,546 grams of cocaine in his stomach at the Suvarnabhumi Airport. 

He has been charged with smuggling cocaine into the Kingdom without permission and having in his possession cocaine with intent to sell).

If he had permission to smuggle the cocaine into to the kingdom  would it have been ok for him to sell it ?

38 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

and just consider this is probably a tenth of what got through...

Yes, Just imagine how much money the bad boys get to stick in there pockets.

let alone the nasty crimes and murders, they commit to bring the drugs to the users.

Why not , just legalize it all.  Tax it,  control it. Bad boy out of business.

Win, Win, Win.

Nah, Roll on the Dog and Pony shows. like above. 

maybe the world will wake up one day. :coffee1:

Bottom line:

- When will there be some serious realization and action by serious learned people that the punishments are not a deterrent.

- And when will we see something solid about catching and jailing (throw away the key) and confiscation of everything, about the big players, the manufacturer and the big distribution guys?

47 minutes ago, scorecard said:

about the big players, the manufacturer and the big distribution guys?

Historically I'm sure you are well aware who has always controlled the drug trade here (elsewhere also?) do you think anything has changed? - I doubt it, maybe why there has been no serious action taken :wink:

1 hour ago, CGW said:

Historically I'm sure you are well aware who has always controlled the drug trade here (elsewhere also?) do you think anything has changed? - I doubt it, maybe why there has been no serious action taken :wink:

That's pretty much what I was getting at, with my line of comments and questions above. Those in charge are in charge of EVERYTHING!

18 hours ago, CGW said:

And who would that be?

Archived