Investigation ordered into video showing tourist boat dropping anchor on reef

webfact

Investigation ordered into video showing tourist boat dropping anchor on reef 

By Sitthichai Sikawat 
The Nation

cf1bd10dee3d71feb1429a9eab53d71c.png

A snapshot of the video clip shows anchor on coral reefs reportedly at Ngai Island in Krabi province.//Krabi TV online

The chief of Mu Koh Lanta National Park in Krabi province has ordered an investigation into a video clip widely shared on social network that showed a tourist boat dropping anchor on to a coral reef near Koh Ngai.

Chief Kankasem Meesuk said an initial investigation into the clip posted by Facebook user Sea Man found that it was a long-tailed boat but he could not clearly see the name.

He could not say whether the incident took place off Koh Ngai in Krabi, he said.

The chief said that around the island, the national park has prepared buoys for boats to tie to prevent damage to the coral reefs.

The clip showed tourists on board as the anchor was dropped. The video also shows the anchor underwater being dragging back and forth along the coral reef.

Several netizens called for the authorities to take action against the skipper.

Source http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30366223

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-21

Sure, but is there another point? 

I wonder how well owners, kippers, drivers know the regulations. Seems to me that communication of laws and regulations etc., is extremely poor. 

In my own extended Thai family the lack of knowledge of laws, regulations etc etc., is sometimes frightening.

In my own extended Thai family the lack of knowledge of laws, regulations etc etc., is sometimes frightening.

Maybe they think that over throwing a democratically elected government via military coup is perfectly legal and justified.

Archived