My experience at the Udon Thani immigration office (TM30)

2 minutes ago, UTH001 said:
18 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I would suggest that it's your own attitude that results in your experiences.

I've always had good service from Imm Pol, including 4 years at Udon Thani.

2 minutes ago, UTH001 said:

Must admit, the staff currently at Udon Thani Immigration are very friendly, extensions etc are done quickly and efficiently. I cannot complain about anything...

Glad to hear that they are still performing well in Udon. We have since moved to Sakon Nakhon and I am pleased to say that it is very laid back and easy to deal with there.

I've never had a bad experience with Imm Pol. From what I read on TVF, it appears to be those living in the large conurbations that seem to have the most trouble. And I do suspect that it may have something to do with demography that makes up much of the clientele in those regions. Just my own observation.

UTH Imm is ten times easier than CNX.  Paperless 90 day reports in UTH...a few have pulled their heads out of their asses.  UTH is a good alternative to CNX, with a better nightlife....nice people; poor sanitation.

Udon Thani immigration office used to be friendly and very helpful.

There used to be a nice guy at the 90 day reporting who I think has now retired, excellent service and advice from him. The new guy is absolutely useless. Also there main man in the office has gone again retirement I think. This guy was fantastic and so helpful nothing was too much for him to do. He was so chilled out and relaxed about everything. And as far as I know always sorted any issues people had. His replacement is a absolute waste of time.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jackdd said:

This would probably not work. It looks like the Udon Thani immigration just doesn't want a new TM30 because they are too lazy to process it (the 5 minutes could be spent on facebook instead). But they are aware of the laws (threatening my GF to fine her). If Chiang Mai calls Udon Thani they would never confirm that they don't follow the law so the IO in CM would just tell us "you had to submit a TM30, that's the law". If we had a name of a specific IO who told us this, it would be way more diffcult for them.

I assume there is no name or number on their uniforms. You would think that IOs would have a number on their uniforms, they are police are they not? 

They are a law unto themselves, so no numbers.

20 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I would suggest that it's your own attitude that results in your experiences.

I've always had good service from Imm Pol, including 4 years at Udon Thani.

I think the quiet man has got it right although I would not say all IOs are a shambles, I would accept that there will be some good ones.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Mate, you should have simply turned around and gone home when he said you didn't have to do a TM30.

I would accept that way of thinking, but the next IO he comes up against, no matter which one, or which office, could very well tell him different.

55 minutes ago, Griff4114 said:

Udon Thani immigration office used to be friendly and very helpful.

There used to be a nice guy at the 90 day reporting who I think has now retired, excellent service and advice from him. The new guy is absolutely useless. Also there main man in the office has gone again retirement I think. This guy was fantastic and so helpful nothing was too much for him to do. He was so chilled out and relaxed about everything. And as far as I know always sorted any issues people had. His replacement is a absolute waste of time.

Yes, the older guy on the 90 reporting desk was really helpful, nothing was too much trouble. His name was Khun Prasit. I haven't seen him for ages either.

Perhaps we should have a league table of IOs, giving them a ranking from 1 to 10. That could set the cat amongst the pigeons (or for the poor English language IOs - pidgin).

I've been here about 10 years. About 7 or 8 years ago the IO noticed no TM30, he got the wife to complete one and that's the last I've ever heard of it. I have a mate in Korat who invented by himself with I think the aid of another forum the need to submit one anytime he goes anywhere, international or domestic and even started this process by turning up with one at his local police station where they dutifully charged him 100 baht many times and filed it somewhere, probably WPB. Now he feels obliged to submit one in Korat office and these get processed along with the kanom (chocolates) requested. One thing I've learnt here is never invent a requirement yourself, volunteer nothing in excess of what you are asked and walk away when they say they dont want something.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Spidey said:

Chonburi Immigration (Jomtien) does agree with his view. I spoke to a senior official there last June, on returning from the UK. Same address, no need to notify. I have since made several 90 day reports and extended my retirement visa, no problems. Their only stioulation is that you are on a long term visa (marriage/retirement).

The wife submitted a TM30 at Phetchabun last week after we returned from Australia. The form plus copies of house book etc were required. The IO also updated my 90 day report date from when we returned. Do they not update your report date at Chonburi.

22 hours ago, jackdd said:

I was just worried that they check their computer when we file a TM30 there, then they see i've entered Thailand two weeks ago but nobody ever submitted a TM30 and that they then want to fine my GF because she didn't do it.

Smart thinking. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I would accept that way of thinking, but the next IO he comes up against, no matter which one, or which office, could very well tell him different.

And do what, fine him for not submitting a TM30 at a completely different office? Maybe....

Isn't that a maximum 2000 baht?

On 3/21/2019 at 9:23 AM, jackdd said:

i would also have said the IOs at Udon are friendly and helpful (if there had been another IO at the counter everything might have gone smooth), but this new IO did not match my previous experiences.

Same me Udon immigration have always been brilliant with me, mind you I smile a lot and don’t wiggle sticks at them

• Like 1

Since getting this strange reaction from the IO my GF was still curious about it, so she wanted to ask some other people about it.

I told her she can try to call the government hotline 1111, i never called them, so i thought we can give it a try.

The conversation was about like this:

GF: My BF stays with me, i did a TM30 when he moved in, do i have to submit a new TM30 when he was out of Thailand and comes back?

1111: Yes, every time he has been out of Thailand and comes back to stay at your place you have to submit a TM30. Also if he stayed somewhere else in Thailand and then stays at your place again.

GF: I was at the immigration office in Udon Thani, they said a TM30 is required only one time, and i don't have to submit it again if he stays with me again.

1111: (The person was a bit hesitant) The immigration office might be flexible in applying this law

GF: But the law says i have to submit a TM30 every time?

1111: yes

So at least according to the person at the government hotline a TM30 is required every time we stayed somewhere else, luckily this law is currently only slightly enforced.

16 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Since getting this strange reaction from the IO my GF was still curious about it, so she wanted to ask some other people about it.

I told her she can try to call the government hotline 1111, i never called them, so i thought we can give it a try.

The conversation was about like this:

GF: My BF stays with me, i did a TM30 when he moved in, do i have to submit a new TM30 when he was out of Thailand and comes back?

1111: Yes, every time he has been out of Thailand and comes back to stay at your place you have to submit a TM30. Also if he stayed somewhere else in Thailand and then stays at your place again.

GF: I was at the immigration office in Udon Thani, they said a TM30 is required only one time, and i don't have to submit it again if he stays with me again.

1111: (The person was a bit hesitant) The immigration office might be flexible in applying this law

GF: But the law says i have to submit a TM30 every time?

1111: yes

So at least according to the person at the government hotline a TM30 is required every time we stayed somewhere else, luckily this law is currently only slightly enforced.

So why do you insist on making waves ???? I've been using UD Immigration for 10 years, they never ask me to submit a TM30, you could fark it up for the rest of us by calling this fricken govt hotline.....DOH !!!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, cranki said:

So why do you insist on making waves ???? I've been using UD Immigration for 10 years, they never ask me to submit a TM30, you could fark it up for the rest of us by calling this fricken govt hotline.....DOH !!!

It always seems dependent on the IO you deal with.

For the past couple of years, Udon has checked my TM30 is correct when I've applied for my extension of stay.

A friend also in Udon was fined 800 Baht last year for not having a TM30.

7 hours ago, bluesofa said:

It always seems dependent on the IO you deal with.

For the past couple of years, Udon has checked my TM30 is correct when I've applied for my extension of stay.

A friend also in Udon was fined 800 Baht last year for not having a TM30.

Exactly....so if this particular IO said not problem , why create a drama ?? move to Chiang Mai and leave it at that...sheesh...