Paint job in Pattaya

moogradod

I would like to paint the walls of a 150m2 big condo - 2 sleeping rooms, 2 baths, 1 kitchen, 1 living room. Standard white. The condo is in Najomtien.

As I have not the faintest idea how much the correct price for this paint job would be here in Najomtien/Pattaya (all inclusive) and who would be qualified to do this professionally I ask. Maybe some of you have made good (or bad) experiences and might make a recommendation ?

Thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, Kim J said:

My advice would be to spend a few hundred baht on a roller and a couple of brushes and do it yourself. You mention "qualified" I also see "professionally". That is where your difficulties will start.

Thanks but I do NOT want to do it by myself. We are living in the service paradise. The quality may be a problem though - that is why I ask for a recommendation. There must be at least one decent painter around. At a price far below what I would have paid in Switzerland. The material (paint) might be not that cheap, but the work (as well a good professional work) is.

My only experience with a painter/decorator was after we had a water leak in the kitchen ceiling, I informed my landlord, he had the leak fixed, all good so far ????

We obviously had to wait for the ceiling to dry out, a couple of weeks later a guy turns up at the house and tells the Mrs that he's here to paint the kitchen ceiling, well, I have never seen such an abortion of a paint job in all my life, no dust sheets to cover all the surfaces, bare feet all over kitchen work tops, paint drips everywhere & the paint was so watered down you could see through it, it turns out that his regular job was on the local dust cart that comes around our Moo baan almost everyday emptying the bins :cheesy:

I can't wait to show it to my landlord when he pays us a visit in a couple of months ???? 

I recommend that you buy the stuff and do it yourself slow time :jap:

3 hours ago, Kim J said:

Paint is not the problem, good quality paint can be found at very reasonable prices. But the reliability and quality of Thai 'tradesmen' is so erratic most people, myself included will be reluctant to give recommendations. I dare say there must be some that can do a good job, the problem is finding them among the myriad of cowboys, cheats and liars.

You will unfortunately never experience the same work ethics and general honesty among 'tradesmen' as you have been used to in your own country.

You are right. But everywhere there is black and white and everything in between. As well in Switzerland - cowboys in abundance there. On the other side I know some Thai workers that perform perfectly at a low price (Example: cleaning company that does a really excellent job). I know some cowboys as well.

Unfortunately no painter yet. As you say - that is the challenge to find this special one. But I am confident this painter exists. I will ask the office of my condo building. In the end its only payday if everything is as promised. My Thai wife (and myself as well) will make it clear to any potential painter / decorator what exactly the expectations are and when he can expect money. This includes the quality of the painting (no "thin paint that you can see through") and as well the cleaning after the job.

Archived