2019 Thailand Moto GP.

I would like to go to the Moto GP later this year in Buriram.

I am sure some people on this forum went last year.

I have just checked the Agoda website and it shows there is no accommodation left.  I am not surprised by this. 

I'll probably have to stay in a town outside of Buriram, which is no problem for me, but I am concerned about transport to and from the track.  I like to have a beer and a chat about bikes, and racing, so I would prefer not to drive or ride to the track. 

Any information or suggestions from people who went last year would be appreciated.

To the moderators.  I have a similar post in the North East Thailand section to try to get information from local expats in Buriam, as well as tourists who went to the event last year, so I hope you allow it to run in both places.

I had the same problem last year. At first I booked an airbnb close by, but they cancelled the booking giving me some BS excuse 3 months before the GP. Had to book a hotel in Korat, which is about 1.5 hrs away and meant leaving Buriram early because I hate riding at night.
This year though, I found a nice place not too far from the track. It took a while to find and some convincing (the owners didn't want to take bookings so early). Hope it'll work out.
Best if you have a Thai person searching (in Thai) for resorts or homestays on facebook and call them up directly, because all the places on the main websites (agoda, booking, airbnb etc) are long sold out.

On 3/22/2019 at 1:46 PM, Sunmaster said:

I had the same problem last year. At first I booked an airbnb close by, but they cancelled the booking giving me some BS excuse 3 months before the GP. Had to book a hotel in Korat, which is about 1.5 hrs away and meant leaving Buriram early because I hate riding at night.
This year though, I found a nice place not too far from the track. It took a while to find and some convincing (the owners didn't want to take bookings so early). Hope it'll work out.
Best if you have a Thai person searching (in Thai) for resorts or homestays on facebook and call them up directly, because all the places on the main websites (agoda, booking, airbnb etc) are long sold out.

Yes, nothing left on several websites, and very little left on AirBnB. 

I have no problem staying in a town outside Buriram, but I wouldn't want to stay as far away as Korat. 

Did you notice any extra taxi, minivan, or bus services to the track, from outside Buriram, last year?

I went last year and today will buy tickets to go this year.

Home is in Korat so only a day trip on the Sunday.

If it is turning out to be a problem for accommodation in Buriram why not stay in Korat and just travel for the races on Sunday?

Korat is about 140km away via decent roads.

Cheers

Archived