Evacuation Of Thailand Checklist

NCC1701A

I see now (and it should be obvious to everyone without exception) with all the posts being made about changes in immigration rules it maybe necessary to begin a check list of what is needed to leave the country. It may be necessary to leave in a hurry.

I will start the list with:

(1) a way to transfer money out of Thailand. That is deemoney.com. an account is needed and tests performed to see what is required and transfer limits. Others? 

(2) packing company or do it yourself. I have seen cardboard boxes and packing tape at Home Pro. My girlfriend has a pickup truck. 

(3) information on exporting household goods from Thailand to Brazil ,South Africa, Kenya and other places. ????

(4) Best options for selling vehicles quickly. ???

(5) Legal info on breaking lease of property. ???

(6) Practice hiking through the jungle at night with your cat or dog and a GPS to cross the border. Best location?

(7) Getting divorced from outside the country. ???

(8) Selling your house and closing your company from outside Thailand.  ???

(9) Making sure Tinder, Badoo and WeChat work without interruption in your new country.

OK. This is just a few things I can think of to start off. Please feel free to add to the list.

Please only people who agree with me 100%. 

1. Go to bank, pull out whats left. Change to Greenies.

2. Pack Backpack. Give weed, booze, razor blades, dish soap, shampoo, toaster and towels to another TVF member.

3. Head to the airport, bye.....

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

1. Go to bank, pull out whats left. Change to Greenies.

2. Pack Backpack. Give weed, booze, razor blades, dish soap, shampoo, toaster and towels to another TVF member.

3. Head to the airport, bye.....

You forgot number 4... Sell your wife on the way to the airport to pay for the plane ticket. 

Remember that to take outside Thailand cash money  is undeclared now 15000 usd.(before 20000 usd..) value in any currency ,...and in Thai baht bills only 50000 baht , ...BUT to Cambodia the exception 350 000 baht (before 500 000 Baht ) …. just saying...:whistling:,

For those directing to Cambodia …. no need to change to $ or € on a quick leaving way

3 hours ago, david555 said:

Remember that to take outside Thailand cash money  is undeclared now 15000 usd.(before 20000 usd..)

yes. i read that you can take any amount as long as you declare it. there is a special desk at BKK.

Just now, NCC1701A said:

so that covers number one on the list. how about deemoney.com?

I don't use , I have skrill and found out I can load skrill with my KK webcard and then withdraw to my Europe account , normally not "kosher" , but it works as a online pay for a sale or so ?

On the Dee Money web site, there is a list of banks in each country that you can transfer money to from Thailand. If you have been in Thailand for a long time and no longer have a current legal residence / phone number in USA, you may find it impossible to open an account at one of these banks.  If someone has found an easy way to do so, I would love to hear about it.

1 hour ago, dave s said:

On the Dee Money web site, there is a list of banks in each country that you can transfer money to from Thailand. If you have been in Thailand for a long time and no longer have a current legal residence / phone number in USA, you may find it impossible to open an account at one of these banks.  If someone has found an easy way to do so, I would love to hear about it. 

me too

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

me too

Can you not keep USA bank account with your Thai address ? My 2 E.U. bank accounts had no problem to accept my Thai address for now 7 years , this for a already existing account with before E.U. address.

6 hours ago, david555 said:

Can you not keep USA bank account with your Thai address ? My 2 E.U. bank accounts had no problem to accept my Thai address for now 7 years , this for a already existing account with before E.U. address.

to open a account in the USA must be a physical address within the USA and a state issued ID like a drivers license.  

you can on line open accounts for savings but they cannot be used for transfer money out of the USA. 

Man, this fun thread seems to have taken a very serious turn.

Ought to start a concurrent checklist for moving to Thailand.

1. Comb.

2. Black dress socks.

3. Mosquito repellent.

4. ATM card.

5. __________________

6. __________________

17 hours ago, david555 said:

The trouble is, I made the mistake of not having kept USA accounts open for the last 20 years. Since the World Trade Center attacks (plus drugs, tax evasion, money laundering ... ), "know your customer" laws make it difficult or impossible to open a new account for a USA citizen living abroad with no remaining physical link to the homeland. After much searching I managed to open a credit union account, and it is fine for ordinary things, but unfortunately it is not on the list of places that Dee Money can send to, otherwise a joy ride to Bangkok (no, honest, it has absolutely nothing to do with trying the new Taco Bell) would be worth it to me just to open an account with them.

You might also need to set up something like a USA prepaid SIM with roaming to Thailand, if a USA bank wants to send a one time password by SMS and requires an internal USA phone number to do so.

9 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Man, this fun thread seems to have taken a very serious turn.

Ought to start a concurrent checklist for moving to Thailand.

1. Comb.

2. Black dress socks.

3. Mosquito repellent.

4. ATM card.

5. __________________

6. __________________

5. Chang vest

6. Belted cargo shorts.

1 hour ago, dave s said:

The trouble is, I made the mistake of not having kept USA accounts open for the last 20 years. Since the World Trade Center attacks (plus drugs, tax evasion, money laundering ... ), "know your customer" laws make it difficult or impossible to open a new account for a USA citizen living abroad with no remaining physical link to the homeland. After much searching I managed to open a credit union account, and it is fine for ordinary things, but unfortunately it is not on the list of places that Dee Money can send to, otherwise a joy ride to Bangkok (no, honest, it has absolutely nothing to do with trying the new Taco Bell) would be worth it to me just to open an account with them.

You might also need to set up something like a USA prepaid SIM with roaming to Thailand, if a USA bank wants to send a one time password by SMS and requires an internal USA phone number to do so.

I kept my E.U. country gsm sim card alive all the time , as Skrill has it as my number for my E.U. address and also Pay Pall account is connected to it …. as they use it for eventual verification from time to time .

I checked Deemoney , but only 17 country out of Thailand and no E.U. country besides U.K. so for me not useful 

1) no need Deemoney (was not planning it anyway..

2) can not transfer to my E,U.country 

Maybe this could help anyone …. check out …. I only verified my I.D.   ….did not connect my TH bank with , as not in need now , just a precaution fur whenever would be needed …. I am not so trustful with any bitcoin and only for using it in ultimate need for money transfer , seems to be a kind of wallet

https://coins.co.th/

9 hours ago, Traubert said:

On a joy ride to Bangkok, you would seek out Taco Bell?

You never really left America did you?

I'd be seeking out Dirty Momu. You have wasted 20 years in Thailand. Shame on you.

I apologize for not putting a smiley face on that to indicate a joke. C'mon, go all the way to BKK for a taco? When the local Makro has all the stuff to make it yourself? But, the information about Dee Money might be quite valuable to someone considering an evacuation from Thailand, and also the caution that Dee$ only deals with some USA banks, also SDFCU or Google "How to Join a Military Credit Union" (from the N26 discussion) if you need to set up a bank account at the USA end. Trying to do SWIFT transfers from here back to USA has left me feeling quite negative about a local commercial bank, and if Dee$ could help it really would be worth a trip up north (if necessary: at least 1 report of someone being allowed to sign up over chat).

53 minutes ago, dave s said:

I apologize for not putting a smiley face on that to indicate a joke. C'mon, go all the way to BKK for a taco? When the local Makro has all the stuff to make it yourself? But, the information about Dee Money might be quite valuable to someone considering an evacuation from Thailand, and also the caution that Dee$ only deals with some USA banks, also SDFCU or Google "How to Join a Military Credit Union" (from the N26 discussion) if you need to set up a bank account at the USA end. Trying to do SWIFT transfers from here back to USA has left me feeling quite negative about a local commercial bank, and if Dee$ could help it really would be worth a trip up north (if necessary: at least 1 report of someone being allowed to sign up over chat).

On that seriut note, FYI, if you happen to have an account with Krungsi Bank, their internet banking platform has a DIY out-bound transfer function.  TVF member Pib has done a successful test drive, but noted it was more expensive than his Dee Money trials.

But on my Krungsri ibanking I have international transfer capability...it was just there....didn't have to apply for it separately....and I have used in once as a test to send money to my US bank as an actual test.  The Krungsri transfer was more costly than DeeMoney with a Krungsri Bt350 basic fee and another optional Bt800 fee to absorb any intermediary bank fees that might occur.  I intentionally did not opt for that Bt800 fee add-on fee but did incur an intermediary bank fee somewhere along the way of exactly $20 (approx Bt650).  So, I saved Bt150 in that transfer...and got my answer of would there be an intermediary bank fee.   When the fee dust settled that Krungsri transfer cost me Bt1000 which is a tad more than the DeeMoney Bt150 fee.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1067993-my-experience-using-deemoney/

Pib's article 1067993 noted in the previous response says "Now DeeMoney’s prefers in-person sign-up, but I’ve seen a few posts were folks were apparently able to sign-up by emailing/faxing the signup info…but those folks apparently got advance approval from DeeMoney to use that method. ". This is probably the reference I was thinking of, that a trip to Bangkok may not be strictly necessary.

Archived