BANGKOK 21 April 2019 09:10
NCC1701A

Evacuation Of Thailand Checklist

I see now (and it should be obvious to everyone without exception) with all the posts being made about changes in immigration rules it maybe necessary to begin a check list of what is needed to leave the country. It may be necessary to leave in a hurry.

I will start the list with:

(1) a way to transfer money out of Thailand. That is deemoney.com. an account is needed and tests performed to see what is required and transfer limits. Others? 

(2) packing company or do it yourself. I have seen cardboard boxes and packing tape at Home Pro. My girlfriend has a pickup truck. 

(3) information on exporting household goods from Thailand to Brazil ,South Africa, Kenya and other places. ????

(4) Best options for selling vehicles quickly. ???

(5) Legal info on breaking lease of property. ???

(6) Practice hiking through the jungle at night with your cat or dog and a GPS to cross the border. Best location?

(7) Getting divorced from outside the country. ???

(8) Selling your house and closing your company from outside Thailand.  ???

(9) Making sure Tinder, Badoo and WeChat work without interruption in your new country.

OK. This is just a few things I can think of to start off. Please feel free to add to the list.

Please only people who agree with me 100%. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Please only people who agree with me 100%. 

You only want to hear from people who agree with you that it may be necessary to leave Thailand in a hurry ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

1. Go to bank, pull out whats left. Change to Greenies.

2. Pack Backpack. Give weed, booze, razor blades, dish soap, shampoo, toaster and towels to another TVF member.

3. Head to the airport, bye.....

You forgot number 4... Sell your wife on the way to the airport to pay for the plane ticket. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Remember that to take outside Thailand cash money  is undeclared now 15000 usd.(before 20000 usd..) value in any currency ,...and in Thai baht bills only 50000 baht , ...BUT to Cambodia the exception 350 000 baht (before 500 000 Baht ) …. just saying...:whistling:,

For those directing to Cambodia …. no need to change to $ or € on a quick leaving way

Edited by david555
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, david555 said:

Remember that to take outside Thailand cash money  is undeclared now 15000 usd.(before 20000 usd..)

yes. i read that you can take any amount as long as you declare it. there is a special desk at BKK.

Just now, NCC1701A said:

so that covers number one on the list. how about deemoney.com?

I don't use , I have skrill and found out I can load skrill with my KK webcard and then withdraw to my Europe account , normally not "kosher" , but it works as a online pay for a sale or so ?

On the Dee Money web site, there is a list of banks in each country that you can transfer money to from Thailand. If you have been in Thailand for a long time and no longer have a current legal residence / phone number in USA, you may find it impossible to open an account at one of these banks.  If someone has found an easy way to do so, I would love to hear about it.

1 hour ago, dave s said:

On the Dee Money web site, there is a list of banks in each country that you can transfer money to from Thailand. If you have been in Thailand for a long time and no longer have a current legal residence / phone number in USA, you may find it impossible to open an account at one of these banks.  If someone has found an easy way to do so, I would love to hear about it. 

me too

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

me too

Can you not keep USA bank account with your Thai address ? My 2 E.U. bank accounts had no problem to accept my Thai address for now 7 years , this for a already existing account with before E.U. address.

6 hours ago, david555 said:

Can you not keep USA bank account with your Thai address ? My 2 E.U. bank accounts had no problem to accept my Thai address for now 7 years , this for a already existing account with before E.U. address.

to open a account in the USA must be a physical address within the USA and a state issued ID like a drivers license.  

you can on line open accounts for savings but they cannot be used for transfer money out of the USA.