BANGKOK 21 April 2019 07:25
sarahjo

Best Firestick VPN

Posted (edited)

I recently bought new firestick device so that i can stream movies, tv shows and many more stuff through different firestick apps and now looking forward to get the best VPN for firestick so that i can sync it with my amazon firestick device to secure my streaming over the web.

Which are the best VPNs for firestick?

Confused in between PureVPN or NordVPN.

Need suggestions!

Edited by sarahjo
Add a value in it

Posted (edited)

Express VPN is a good service, has servers that work with most of the major U.S. streaming services, and has a specific app for Fire TV/Fire Stick-Box devices that works fine. You don't have to sideload it. It's already there in the Amazon app store available to install.

https://www.amazon.com/Express-VPN-LLC-ExpressVPN-Trusted/dp/B00GAZ1T9U/

Here's their page that will show you various other of the VPN services and apps available directly from Amazon for their devices:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=VPN&rh=n%3A10208590011&ref=nb_sb_noss

Be aware though, a lot of the major U.S. streaming services (Amazon, Hulu, Netflix) are getting better at blocking any attempted VPN connections. So that's one thing you have to be mindful of in choosing a VPN provider. Even with Express VPN, a lot of their server locations don't work with some of the major services. But at least some of them/enough of them do.  Sometimes it's a matter of testing server by server to find the right one for what you want to connect to.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I would advise using the VeeNP service in conjunction with Firestick it seems to me that this is an ideal match for each other. I use it to unlock Netflix, HBO, BBC and various TV streaming multimedia services it works with most basic streaming services. I am a junior user before that I tried ten similar services at the moment I like only VeeNP.

• Thanks 1

I would advise using the VeePN service in conjunction with Firestick it seems to me that this is an ideal match for each other. I use it to unlock Netflix, HBO, BBC and various TV streaming multimedia services it works with most basic streaming services. I am a junior user before that I tried ten similar services at the moment I like only VeePN.

21 minutes ago, Fearlessbourne said:

I would advise using the VeePN service in conjunction with Firestick it seems to me that this is an ideal match for each other. I use it to unlock Netflix, HBO, BBC and various TV streaming multimedia services it works with most basic streaming services. I am a junior user before that I tried ten similar services at the moment I like only VeePN.

I've never heard of that particular VPN service before, despite having used and tested many VPNs thru the years.

But that aside, the one thing you're not mentioning is that particular service has no dedicated app for the Fire TV devices (no VeePN app in the Amazon app store). So someone wanting to use it on Fire devices is either going to have to sideload the Android app version and hope it works with the regular Fire remote without an added mouse controller, or install it for use on a router.

Is anyone using the Fire Stick 4K model?

Are you streaming any 4K services (assume you have a 4K TV)? If so, which ones?

Does the use of a VPN (on the stick, not on your router) impact performance?

Are you streaming 4K over WiFi or did you get the ethernet adapter?

Are you generally happy with the performance?

Amazing how inexpensive 4K TV's are these days.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Is anyone using the Fire Stick 4K model?

Are you streaming any 4K services (assume you have a 4K TV)? If so, which ones?

Does the use of a VPN (on the stick, not on your router) impact performance?

Are you streaming 4K over WiFi or did you get the ethernet adapter?

Are you generally happy with the performance?

Amazing how inexpensive 4K TV's are these days.

Wish I could help.. I've got a 4K Fire Stick, but right now it's installed on just an HD TV...

I've got a Fire TV 2 box installed on a 4K TV, and played around some with 4K streams on it from YouTube.  But I can't recall if I was doing that with a Thailand net connection or using my U.S. VPN at the time.

When I did that, it definitely was with an Ethernet connection, not wifi... Which is why I was testing it on the Fire TV 2 box, which has an Ethernet port, unlike the 4K stick, which does not. You can buy an Amazon ethernet adapter to use with the 4K stick, but I haven't bought one or tried using it here thus far.

Right now, with a 3BB 200/100 account (soon to be updated to 500/500 they say), I think I would struggle to get a consistent 25 Mbps stream out of my Express VPN connection.  Once 3BB goes to 500/500, it will be interesting to see if the international speeds on that improve at all and make international 4K more viable.

Not much that I watch ordinarily is available in 4K right now, AFAIK, so it hasn't been a big issue. My cable TV streaming service isn't, Hulu isn't, and only a portion of Amazon Prime is. The latter is where I'd probably play around with it more, IF 3BB in the future can yields a reliable 25 Mbps VPN connection.

Though as best as I can recall, there were posters here before who were using a local Thai internet connection with their Thai Netflix subscriptions and were able to stream 4K just fine. But I'm not sure there's any way to successfully use an Amazon 4K stick from the U.S. together with a Thai internet feed, since the U.S. Amazon device is expecting/dependent on a U.S. internet connection.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK