Jump to content
BANGKOK 26 April 2019 08:46
Satcommlee

PND 91 Tax Refund by Prompt Pay for Farang

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know if the RD will refund tax overpayment using PromptPay when you don't have it linked to a citizen ID please?

 

Any experiences?

 

Thanks

 

Lee

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No - RD can only make prompt pay to a Thai ID number and not a telephone number.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moved to here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm due a refund - and no, although I setup Prompt Pay for it, it is not apparently going to be paid that way... i'm told a cheque is on the way (!) - will find out once i get off this oil rig and back home.

 

I'll update then - we had an accountant do my and the wifey's taxes this time, she did it online seemed fairly painless (if you have the relevant numbers/paperwork from your eomployers as I had), so am now registered online for next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coops said:

I'm due a refund - and no, although I setup Prompt Pay for it, it is not apparently going to be paid that way... i'm told a cheque is on the way (!) - will find out once i get off this oil rig and back home.

 

I'll update then - we had an accountant do my and the wifey's taxes this time, she did it online seemed fairly painless (if you have the relevant numbers/paperwork from your eomployers as I had), so am now registered online for next year.

Check the other threads on this topic.  You wont get a cheque, you will get a letter which you have to take to Krung Thai Bank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys for the comments, really appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can i know what are the conditions to get refund ? thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2019 at 9:49 AM, YT3k72Em said:

Check the other threads on this topic.  You wont get a cheque, you will get a letter which you have to take to Krung Thai Bank.

 

 

Correct - the form/letter just got to my home with the barcode... 

 

this thread

 

 

post #3

"I have just been through this process (last week) and it was surprisingly easy.

I went to my local Krungthai bank, gave them my tax refund letter, passport & work permit and about 10 minutes later they issued me with a ‘PromtCard & PIN.

No new bank account needed & I have never had a Krungthai account.

 

The money was in the ‘PromtCard’ account and I was able to draw it straight away.

I did leave some of the refund in the account to keep the ‘PromtCard’ open for next year’s refund.

 

One important detail about the ‘PromtCard’, it can only be used in a Krungthai ATM."

Edited by coops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, coops said:

One important detail about the ‘PromtCard’, it can only be used in a Krungthai ATM."

Another less important detail but for the avoidance of doubt it is not called a "PromtCard" and has nothing to do with PromptPay. It is an e-card which gets loaded with cash which you can then remove from a KT ATM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, thanks

 

It is amusingly crazy that even with a Thai bank account at Krungsri with PromptPay enabled/authorised, it is still not an option for a non Thai individual.

Hey ho.... not that big a deal as there's a Krungthai bank at Town in Town very close to me, and it'll be ready for next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my e-Money card and refund today. Very painless. No WP required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...