BANGKOK 20 April 2019 09:56
noopin2014

Price of goat meat ?

Hi there, we have a little farm of goat, do you have any idea of the price of goat meat per kilo ?

Cheers

I see you are in Surat Thani, way down south where there are a lot of Muslims that will eat goat meat, where I am is Central Thailand, we have a good few goat farms around here.

Only today the wife was talking to a friend who rears goats, she said 100 baht /kg, which is up from the last time I heard the price 70-80baht/kg, and I would say a lot of meat would end up in Bangkok,

Is it the same price where you are? a different and bigger market than around here, your best and easiest way just ask a fellow goat breeder in your area

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kickstart said:

I see you are in Surat Thani, way down south where there are a lot of Muslims that will eat goat meat, where I am is Central Thailand, we have a good few goat farms around here.

Only today the wife was talking to a friend who rears goats, she said 100 baht /kg, which is up from the last time I heard the price 70-80baht/kg, and I would say a lot of meat would end up in Bangkok,

Is it the same price where you are? a different and bigger market than around here, your best and easiest way just ask a fellow goat breeder in your area

Thanks mate, sorry i didn't update my profile, i live at Korat now

Edited by noopin2014

5 hours ago, noopin2014 said:

Thanks mate, sorry i didn't update my profile, i live at Korat now

If you’re going to sell i’d Be interested.

• Like 1

I live in Buriram and would also be interested in buying.

• Like 1

i always thought there could be more goats in thailand.  The darn critters are pretty hardy and can thrive almost anywhere and in general don't need much maintenance as sheep or some other animals do

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

i always thought there could be more goats in thailand.  The darn critters are pretty hardy and can thrive almost anywhere and in general don't need much maintenance as sheep or some other animals do

Tasty little buggers too, although Id have trouble popping one between the eyes, they are kind of cute.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Tasty little buggers too, although Id have trouble popping one between the eyes, they are kind of cute.

yeah, my friend had one they raised as a dog literally.  The darn thing would hop into your lap if you sat down.  I had to care for it and check up on it daily for a few weeks while he was away on vacation.  Had some great goat when in Jamaica

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Had some great goat when in Jamaica

Goat stew roti!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

They can thrive almost anywhere, but they do not like being wet, rainy season can cause problems, clostridial disease,  worms can be a problem, that is why most goat sheds, are built on leg up in he air, to keep the goats dry. 

• Like 2