The Secret to Happiness

geronimo

Wasn't sure where to post this, but General seems like a good place.

The Key to Happiness

I know stuff that the majority will absolutely never have access to, I know that the power of the mind is almost infinite, and once you learn to harness the law of attraction, you can actually carve a path through life to happiness. But you can’t. Cannot, impossible to do, a journey with no destination, the road to happiness will bring you nothing more that naïve optimism, at best, and a nervous breakdown at worst.\

You see, happiness is not a destination that can be mapped, indeed it is a state of mind, meaning you can be happy anywhere and in any situation, if only your mind sees what it wants to see. The young man who has money worries, works his butt off, not to do anything else than to create a safety net, and once he has that under his belt, he searches for another reason to make him do what he is good at, until he dies without ever realizing his deep-down wishes.
Science is now proving what I, and millions of others knew already, and that is the power of human consciousness can affect the outcome of things. This means that we all have the tools to shape any kind of life we might wish to have.
Think of it as an invisible grid that is all around you, and your thoughts determine the make-up of that, and the term “where there’s a will there’s a way” means a lot if you project the right thoughts.

A 100 watt lightbulb is warm to the touch, as the heat is dissipated thru 360 degrees, yet if you take that 100w and condense it into a 1mm beam, it can cut through a 10mm plate of steel. Focusing your thoughts on an up and coming event, and seeing it as an overwhelming success will increase the chances of it being so. (Laws of Attraction)

Don’t believe that your thoughts could possibly affect outcomes? OK A simple test would be to start from a given date and time. And only think about negative stuff, for about a week, and make sure you really get deep into the bad stuff that could possibly happen, and wait and see what’s round the corner!!

The laws of attraction are like gravity’ they are there and we are all subject to their input, so you are either pulling for or against what you really want, and once a person understands this, they can become a happy individual.

Expecting a lot of neg flack, but I’m protected!!!

I am not always happy but most always horny.

So, if through the power of consciousness I could switch happy and horny then I would be mostly happy. But then I would rarely be horny which would make me miserable. But being happy and miserable at the same time would be confusing. And confusion and not knowing what's going on, like when the gf is yelling at me in Thai, always makes me horny.  So back to square one, shit. Please help, geronimo.

Interesting but a bit "heavy".
Yesterday I fell down the stairs, so I know all about Gravity.
A week ago I wore my 2 Kilo Gold Chain around my neck while visiting "Lulu's Bar & Grill". It attracted everybody within a radius of 10 meters.

I'd rather go with the life-philosophy of another trusted member of the TVF community:
"ENJOY EACH MISERABLE DAY".
Not meant as Neg Flack, just a simplification of a very complex subject.

On a more serious note we can’t always be happy, there are too many inbuilt downsides and disappointments in life, the most obvious one is that people (and animals) we care about die and we don’t live for ever. As has already been stated it is a state of mind, an intangible, but you can take action that can put you in that state more often than not. Looking after yourself through fitness and healthy eating helps make you feel good and gives you the opportunity to get out and about and keeps your brain sharp and alert. I’m never up nor down, and if I ever feel negative I think about the many people out there who are in much worse positions, and am grateful for the opportunities that life has thrown up. My best days are always in front of me. We walk this Earth only once, a positive outlook and a never ending sense of adventure makes the journey interesting and fulfilling.

5 hours ago, AlexRich said:

On a more serious note we can’t always be happy, there are too many inbuilt downsides and disappointments in life, the most obvious one is that people (and animals) we care about die and we don’t live for ever. As has already been stated it is a state of mind, an intangible, but you can take action that can put you in that state more often than not. Looking after yourself through fitness and healthy eating helps make you feel good and gives you the opportunity to get out and about and keeps your brain sharp and alert. I’m never up nor down, and if I ever feel negative I think about the many people out there who are in much worse positions, and am grateful for the opportunities that life has thrown up. My best days are always in front of me. We walk this Earth only once, a positive outlook and a never ending sense of adventure makes the journey interesting and fulfilling.

It is how you respond to those not so nice things that matters.

I can simplify my meaning,

What you think about can determine outcomes (quantum physics is proving this)

If every moment is a happy one,  then you have, by definition, a happy life! ????

5 minutes ago, geronimo said:

It is how you respond to those not so nice things that matters.

True, but , although some could see wisdom as a form of happiness, i see it more like a balanced approach to positives and negatives, and it may imply a subtle dose of cynicism.

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

True, but , although some could see wisdom as a form of happiness, i see it more like a balanced approach to positives and negatives, and it may imply a subtle dose of cynicism.

Yes, wisdom without emotion.

18 minutes ago, geronimo said:

I can simplify my meaning,

What you think about can determine outcomes (quantum physics is proving this)

If every moment is a happy one,  then you have, by definition, a happy life! ????

no, quantum physics does not support your theory

that mind has magical ability to alter energy state

in an object

How can anyone older than 30 be arguing about the secret to happiness. True happiness happens maybe two or three times in your life, when you sit back and think - yeah, the stars are beautiful tonight, or I'm pretty lucky to have this Issan girl massaging my leg under a full moon, I'll remember this moment forever, ha!

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That and being unmarried as well.

However, having enough money to do what you want would figure highly on any list I made.

Marriage is  ok,  but which one?????

Only been, and still am married  once but didn't do it  until early 40's

Archived