Vfs global UKVI can't login

Hi all

I have filled and paid for my gf application to UK via .gov.uk website. I have registered already for vfs, got email with confirmation, however I can't login to submit docs and make an appointment. It's been 2 days and had no luck yet. Anyone know how to bypass this? 

Many thanks

Lucas

I too have tried all day today to access the VFS.Global website, and keep getting the 'An error occurred while processing your request please try again.' message - anyone have any suggestions as I need to make an appointment with the Thailand office sooner as I don't want to clash with Songkran in Bangkok when sending my wife to visit the office to drop off the papers.

Update: After hours spent on the VFS Global wesbite trying to sign in, I finally managed to access their site to make an appointment for my wife to visit the Bangkok office for her UK visa.

Obviously their systems are very poor as I've read many reviews elsewhere with people having similar issues.

My advice; keep trying and have a few different email addresses to use as that's what seemed to work for me after using my third different email address.

• 2 weeks later...

I spent hours trying to login to make an appointment for my step sons visit visa & after making an application on UK gov website but i could not login to make a biometric appointment. I tried 3 different e mail addresses & different times of the day, eventually i cancelled the application (hopefully i get my money back!) and made a new one filling out the online form again, still i couldn't get an appointment. So i told him to go to Trendy building as a walk in application this costs around 1,500bht, they told him to come back the next day as all walk ins have been taken (so many people could not make an appointment) or he could pay 3,500bht for VIP then they could process his application.  <potentially libellous statement removed, please read the forum rules>

• 1 month later...

Just spent a couple of hours scanning, then trying to upload. I think its deliberate so u have to pay an extra 460 THB for the scanning service they should be doing for you anyway!!!!

image.png.96f2c02dc8270acba2f333886a7400c0.png

On 5/19/2019 at 11:49 AM, sungod said:

Just spent a couple of hours scanning, then trying to upload. I think its deliberate so u have to pay an extra 460 THB for the scanning service they should be doing for you anyway!!!!

image.png.96f2c02dc8270acba2f333886a7400c0.png

How big are your scans? If the system is similar to that when you apply for a visa within the UK the limit is 6 Megabytes. I saw a similar message when I missed one that was way to big. Open it and save it at a lower DPI or lower the JPEG level to 8 or 9.

On 3/28/2019 at 6:48 AM, BanMuangFarang said:

Update: After hours spent on the VFS Global wesbite trying to sign in, I finally managed to access their site to make an appointment for my wife to visit the Bangkok office for her UK visa.

Obviously their systems are very poor as I've read many reviews elsewhere with people having similar issues.

My advice; keep trying and have a few different email addresses to use as that's what seemed to work for me after using my third different email address.

Make sure you complain to vfs and the home office

The maximum upload is 10 mb for a .pdf file, and 1.5 Mb for .jpg or .png etc. It is a slow uploader, Be patient but it works.

I have asked them why you are unable to see more than the first item loaded on each particular section, irritating to say the least as you cannot confirm what has been uploaded. And Vfs are not particularly helpful in stating what goes where ….. suspicion that they want you to employ their services. Still cannot find what "Appendix II" for the Standard Visitor Visa requires.

10 megabytes for a PDF is huge. Especially if it's mainly text. I ran all my initially scanned PDFs through the main Acrobat app available on a 7 day trial from Adobe. All ended up less than 200k. I have no idea where the VFS hosting is in the world but if it is Thailand it will be quite a bit slower if you are trying to access from, say the UK. Internally in Thailand the Internet is fast. Internationally, much slower. You only have to look at the speed of any Thai website when you try and access it from outside of Thailand. Lazada is a really good example.

In my experience VFS doesn't like Firefox but Chrome and Safari worked well for me. Well worth trying a different browser and also clearing your caches on your existing browser.

On 5/20/2019 at 7:35 PM, rasg said:

How big are your scans? If the system is similar to that when you apply for a visa within the UK the limit is 6 Megabytes. I saw a similar message when I missed one that was way to big. Open it and save it at a lower DPI or lower the JPEG level to 8 or 9.

Thanks, but its all pdf and down to the lowest resolution I dare to go. On each section it said the max is 10MB, I was below that. I'll just give in and pay the 460 THB, we dont make the trip that often. I'll just make sure I'll send the wife in with a paper mountain and make the bastards earn their 460 THB!!!!!!

On 5/20/2019 at 7:55 PM, Nanglon said:

I have asked them why you are unable to see more than the first item loaded on each particular section, irritating to say the least as you cannot confirm what has been uploaded.

My next question, no idea of what they have or not. Hate the buggers!

Cannot believe it. Appointment tomorrow in Bangkok, booked online for 15:00 a free slot during the upload process, having paid my $891 for the visa a couple of weeks ago. Finish upload tonight and press continue to pay for services - it shows my appointment but I cannot continue without selecting a NEW slot - at 16:30 for which I have to now pay a premium slot which includes the lounge etc 7480 THB on top of the $891! - absolute rip-off. Now will probably also have to cancel return flight already booked.

image.png.310282eb075e52f4580cd8951408541f.png

image.png.3b9f06802ae8b4f3dc31fe5e33e29ed3.png

image.png.e271307ff7d6772468c6dd6bf8f79b76.png

7 hours ago, Nanglon said:

Cannot believe it. Appointment tomorrow in Bangkok, booked online for 15:00 a free slot during the upload process, having paid my $891 for the visa a couple of weeks ago. Finish upload tonight and press continue to pay for services - it shows my appointment but I cannot continue without selecting a NEW slot - at 16:30 for which I have to now pay a premium slot which includes the lounge etc 7480 THB on top of the $891! - absolute rip-off. Now will probably also have to cancel return flight already booked.

image.png.310282eb075e52f4580cd8951408541f.png

image.png.3b9f06802ae8b4f3dc31fe5e33e29ed3.png

image.png.e271307ff7d6772468c6dd6bf8f79b76.png

I found that problem too, its very misleading. You are able to keep your original appointment by navigating around the menu on the top right of the screen. You like me were probably looking for the next or continue button. Just a shocking website design that does not work.

Archived