Settlement Visa for my Wife f UK

I've just gone back to the UK to work long term on a self employed basis. I have no problem with meeting the salary requirements just how many payments would I have to show and what else ? , According a well know Anglo/ Thai lawyers firm all is done for 40,000bt.

Second question Is there multi entry 6 month visitors Visa available for my Thai Wife ?

And why would you pay £900+ for something you can easily do yourself? 90% of the information gathering will need to be done by you and your wife. If you choose to go that route make sure you use an OISC accredited visa agency but many people on here who have done it before will be happy to help.

You don't need to show salary for a visit visa. Simply show that you can afford the trip. Prove you are in a relationship and show that your wife will return to Thailand at the end of the trip. That will be the difficult one as you have just moved back to the UK.

Were you living in Thailand with her?

Thanks. What is concerning me in regard to a settlement visa is the Inland revenues "Hostile environment" for the the self employed they are trying force company's with long term self employed staff into PAYE for obvious reasons which does not suit me or the employer (Who I have known for 20 years). I am employed by an umbrella company and paid by them at 20% tax . I can show no affiliation to the company I actually work for even a phone.I can claim everything back

Employment wise what do I need to show ? I might ask if I can go LTD

Self employed is fine. You'll need a set of your most recent accounts and the SA302 showing the tax you have paid. You'll also need bank statements covering the whole period of the accounts. If the are not original and you have printed the off from your online account, staple each month together and get your bank to stamp and date the first page of each month.

By the way. It's not a hostile environment for the self employed. It is to prevent people who declare they are self employed when they shouldn't be to bypass things like holiday pay, employer's NIC etc.

Without knowing exactly what you do, I would suggest that if you only work for one company you should be an employee.

We tried it for my wife as she is a partner in my business and she also has a job. MY accountant said no.

I asked my accountant to read the visa guidlines and prepare what I needed. He charged me an extra £100 which I think was a bargain and removed any potential headaches.

14 minutes ago, rasg said:

Self employed is fine. You'll need a set of your most recent accounts and the SA302 showing the tax you have paid. You'll also need bank statements covering the whole period of the accounts. If the are not original and you have printed the off from your online account, staple each month together and get your bank to stamp and date the first page of each month.

By the way. It's not a hostile environment for the self employed. It is to prevent people who declare they are self employed when they shouldn't be to bypass things like holiday pay, employer's NIC etc.

Without knowing exactly what you do, I would suggest that if you only work for one company you should be an employee.

We tried it for my wife as she is a partner in my business and she also has a job. MY accountant said no.

I asked my accountant to read the visa guidlines and prepare what I needed. He charged me an extra £100 which I think was a bargain and removed any potential headaches.

Thanks for you response. PAYE doesn't work for me  either. So the Home office , I assume?, are more concentrated on the the money one earns rather than the source itself ?. I will be paying tax and NI.

What I am concerned about is that they may deem a self employed person (Temporary employment) and not give a settlement Visa to my wife on those grounds?

How would they know it's temporary employment? My accounts don't show what I do for a living. What you may come unstuck on would probably be if all of your income is coming from the same place but I don't know if it might be problem. Definitely worth asking your accountant about that by giving him or her a copy of the guidelines.

My guess would be that it's nothing to do with UKVI as long as you have paid your tax and NI but it's only a guess.

1 hour ago, rasg said:

How would they know it's temporary employment? My accounts don't show what I do for a living. What you may come unstuck on would probably be if all of your income is coming from the same place but I don't know if it might be problem. Definitely worth asking your accountant about that by giving him or her a copy of the guidelines.

My guess would be that it's nothing to do with UKVI as long as you have paid your tax and NI but it's only a guess.

Thanks I live in hope. But I have dealt with Home office before after they took over issuing passports from the FCO they were not very helpful when I tried get my Sons British passport I have sole custody of him but they continuously asked for his mother birth certificate after I had I had told them formally on several occasions that I couldn't get it . The lawyers that deal with them know what they are like

Archived