Stop Brexit: A million people sign UK petition to stay in EU

webfact

35 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And I guess you want the NI numbers of all who turn up for this weekends No-Brexit march checking?!

Let’s do something else. Find out we’re the money to fund the Leave campaign came from.

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Irrelevant.

This petition is all over the news, all over social media - it’s even reached TVF.

Public support for ditching A50 is being discussed across the nation.

You can’t put that back in the box.

Which is precisely why you are thumping the keyboard trying to pretend this petition is irrelevant.

If it were you and the rest of the Brexiteers here would ignore it.

Bit reach coming from you your inital reply was to try and deviate on to a completely seperate subject

Taken from BBC News

Petitions on the Parliament website rarely lead to a change in the law.

They are not even guaranteed to lead to a debate in Parliament - they only get considered for debate if they reach 100,000 signatures. The petitions committee rejects them if it believes the UK government can't do anything about the issue.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Taken from BBC News

Petitions on the Parliament website rarely lead to a change in the law.

They are not even guaranteed to lead to a debate in Parliament - they only get considered for debate if they reach 100,000 signatures. The petitions committee rejects them if it believes the UK government can't do anything about the issue.

All of which is irrelevant to this petition. Probably why you posted it.

8 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

The next thing you say is without correct validation protests and rallies are meanless and pointless. 

I hadn't consider that but you do raise a good point Thank you for your suggestion

The referendum was buying a pig in a poke, so many outlandish lies all around. No truth in packaging there.

If May can get some leave deal passed (a huge IF there... seems can only vote to agree don't want to leave without a deal, but won't pass a deal)... hire some independent firm (another stumbling block) to clearly lay out the economic costs and benefits in pounds and pence. If "no deal" is the deal, do likewise. Then have a vote.

Nice to depend on the citizenry but they need to be truthfully informed. That hasn't happened yet

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

One million people sign UK petition to forever end democracy. Doesn't sound so great. I would like to see new laws introduced to ensure these million people can never vote or be involved in any way with politics - they just don't have the capacity to understand or respect votes that run against their wishes.

We have a sovereign parliament, not mob rule and an advisory referendum* you'll get your chance at the next election.

* You always need to read the small print - Revoke Article 50 !

Oh, I think Brexit will happen unfortunately, just not in the way that will satisfy anybody, so the arguments and demonstrations, hung parliament and angry PMQ's will go on for years,paralysing the country until we get back into the EU which in my opinion will happen after years of deprivation and wasted opportunity.

3 hours ago, Enoon said:

Speaking to you from the UK.

Just passed 2 million.

Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU.

The government repeatedly claims exiting the EU is 'the will of the people'. We need to put a stop to this claim by proving the strength of public support now, for remaining in the EU. A People's Vote may not happen - so vote now.

Sign this petition

2,002,343 signatures

That's another 1 million in just over 6 hours.

20000 signed by one man in Nigeria ,its a world record .lol

3 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Anti-Brexit Petition In U.K. Parliament Can Be Signed By Anyone, Anywhere

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2019/03/21/anti-brexit-petition-in-u-k-parliament-can-be-signed-by-anyone-anywhere/#6e4917bf6fa5

They should be a requirement to provide your national insurance number as part of any validation for any of these petitions

Not worth the paper it is written on.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tories/permalink/364858691037589/

4 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

One million people sign UK petition to forever end democracy. Doesn't sound so great. I would like to see new laws introduced to ensure these million people can never vote or be involved in any way with politics - they just don't have the capacity to understand or respect votes that run against their wishes.

Rubbish! How can you respect an ADVISORY vote fraught with lies and fraud, that, had it been decisive, would have been annulled. If you like democracy why not have another referendum now more information is available? 

11 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Don't shoot the messenger! ????

Good old Nigel, you can always depend on him for those foot in mouth moments. He's clearly forgotten about the St. Petersburg Troll Farm's involvement in the Brexit campaign.

BTW. The Russian establishment is strongly in favour of Brexit, particularly a hard Brexit. Surprising that the people of Papua have an interest in Brexit.

Edit: Just had a closer look at Numpty Nigel's tweet.

North Korea-1 vote

Papua New Guinea-3 votes

Russia-12 votes

Saudi Arabia-14 votes

Spain-3287 votes.

Commensurate with the number of expats living in those countries?

If they had published the figure from Thailand they would have had at least 1 vote - mine.

Fake news with knobs on.

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Good old Nigel, you can always depend on him for those foot in mouth moments. He's clearly forgotten about the St. Petersburg Troll Farm's involvement in the Brexit campaign.

BTW. The Russian establishment is strongly in favour of Brexit, particularly a hard Brexit. Surprising that the people of Papua have an interest in Brexit.

It may well have been a tongue-in-cheek swipe at just that ???? 

The vote result was 52% leaving versus 48% staying. Take the 48% and the total number of voters and you get the potential max. number of those who would sign for staying.

As a non-UK citizen I am appalled over this attitude. Try to imagine it would have been the opposite way round; the majority wants to stay and the minority launches one referendum and signature collection after the other one.

Democracy works like that, the majority takes the price. If you re-vote and re-vote until some evil forces are happy with the result, then you've reached stone age again or turned the United Kingdom into an African Banana "Republic" under the guided rulership of a self-proclaimed emperor. 

This whole thing is pathetic and shows, what kind of crappy leadership (also) the UK has these days. Politicians are not here to discuss, they have to execute the will of the majority of the people - at least that is what I learnt at school on the subject. 

16 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Edit: Just had a closer look at Numpty Nigel's tweet.

North Korea-1 vote

Papua New Guinea-3 votes

Russia-12 votes

Saudi Arabia-14 votes

Spain-3287 votes.

Commensurate with the number of expats living in those countries?

If they had published the figure from Thailand they would have had at least 1 vote - mine.

Fake news with knobs on.

Plus my two - me and the missus - I did hers for her. Oh and a third from another email account I had just for luck!

6 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

The vote result was 52% leaving versus 48% staying. Take the 48% and the total number of voters and you get the potential max. number of those who would sign for staying.

As a non-UK citizen I am appalled over this attitude. Try to imagine it would have been the opposite way round; the majority wants to stay and the minority launches one referendum and signature collection after the other one.

Democracy works like that, the majority takes the price. If you re-vote and re-vote until some evil forces are happy with the result, then you've reached stone age again or turned the United Kingdom into an African Banana "Republic" under the guided rulership of a self-proclaimed emperor. 

This whole thing is pathetic and shows, what kind of crappy leadership (also) the UK has these days. Politicians are not here to discuss, they have to execute the will of the majority of the people - at least that is what I learnt at school on the subject. 

I'm sure that you are correct. If the original referendum had been lost to remain, you would have seen a far more vitriolic campaign by Brexiteers. 

Obviously not a very good school you went to. Politicians are here to discuss. The function of parliament is for your elected representatives to discuss an issue then vote accordingly in the best interests of the country. Mob rule by the proletariat doesn't come into it, which is why the referendum was purely advisory.

I also agree on this occasion, the HoC has ignored it's duty, 70% of MPs are pro remain, they know that it's in the best interest of the country but support Brexit for fear of losing their seats at the next election, an unfounded fear IMO. They have allowed mob rule to dictate the path vis-à-vis Brexit. Very undemocratic.

I can remember, many years ago, a groundswell of public opinion to bring back hanging, Newspaper campaigns, opinion polls etc. MPs, at that time, debated the issue, correctly ignored mob rule and kept capital punishment off the statute books. The correct use of democracy in the UK parliament.

10 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Plus my two - me and the missus - I did hers for her. Oh and a third from another email account I had just for luck!

So that's 4 votes from Thailand, more than Papua New Guinea, I should think so!

So why have the Brexiteers not started There petition "Brexit Means Brexit, out on 29th, No Deal Brext Now"???

Same when a Referendum is mentioned they have a fit the vapours, the last referendum was floored the leave campaign lied, and brexiteers know they can not fool the people twice.

Sure the Brexiteers would get a lot of signatures but any thing like 2,25 million in just over a day???

Sure there will be people voting who should not, and people voting multiple times using multiple names, but the vast majority will be valid signatories. 

2,281,326 signatures Now

2 hours ago, leither69 said:

You get that information from where? Fool

From being a regular myself before coming to live here.

Cut out the personal insult; it is against forum rules. Try to obtain a sense of humour for yourself.

4 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

I still cant believe the leave campaign leaders have disappeared with their better deal out than in and conclude it was the Caymans and not the EU where the best deal is ????  

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "brexit vote cartoon"

Archived