Stop Brexit: A million people sign UK petition to stay in EU

webfact

2 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Does the British Parliament have a similar website for "Leaving the EU"? Could be more than one million signatures.

There is. "Leave the EU without a deal in March 2019". Current tally? 392,966 signatures. 

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Does the British Parliament have a similar website for "Leaving the EU"? Could be more than one million signatures.

There is:

Leave the EU without a deal in March 2019

392,966 signatures

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/229963

Edit In:

Baboon sorry for duplicating your post I was researching it when you posted.

though any intelligent Brexiteer could have found that out themselves...

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

So why have the Brexiteers not started There petition "Brexit Means Brexit, out on 29th, No Deal Brext Now"???

Same when a Referendum is mentioned they have a fit the vapours, the last referendum was floored the leave campaign lied, and brexiteers know they can not fool the people twice.

Sure the Brexiteers would get a lot of signatures but any thing like 2,25 million in just over a day???

Sure there will be people voting who should not, and people voting multiple times using multiple names, but the vast majority will be valid signatories. 

2,281,326 signatures Now

IIRC they did, and the chances of actually registering a vote was just as difficult.

But I could be wrong - it may have been trying to sign an on-line petition about frozen pensions.

Edit - I certainly gave up after receiving an email message that indicated my post had been hacked.  My vote was certainly not registered!

27 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

What leave petition are you referring to that had 17 million? 

No petition, the amount of people who voted in the refererendum to leave compared to the paltry 2 million (who cannot be verified at the moment) who want to stay.

3 minutes ago, steve187 said:

they had their say in the referendum, now's the time to unite, not keep slitting the country

In the near three years since the referendum there has been absolutely zero credible effort from Brexiteers to unite the nation. Now with Brexit collapsing before their eyes they think its a time to unite. 

I agree, do the right thing and get behind cancelling Brexit. 

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

2,281,326 signatures so far.

Fifficult to keep that out of the ears of MPs.

"Should it reach more than 17.4 million respondents then I'm sure there would be a very clear case for taking action" Commons Leader Andrea Leadsom on #RevokeArticle50 petition that crashed Parliament website

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

How about doing the right thing and respect the referendum result, like the adult thing it is. Regardless of you if you disagree. Many countries, including the one this forum is in, would love the chance to have a free vote with the MP's respecting the decision of the people.

'Cancel Brexit' petition passes 2m signatures on Parliament site

It is not the most popular ever on the Parliament website. A petition for a second EU referendum in June 2016 attracted more than four million signatures and was debated in the Commons - but thousands of signatures were removed after it was discovered to have been hijacked by automated bots.

Data from the petitions website on Thursday evening suggested 1.3m signatures were from people who said they were from the UK, 10,000 from France, nearly 6,000 from Spain and more than 4,000 from Germany, among others.

A Commons spokesman said signature patterns are investigated to check for fraudulent activity and suspect signatures are removed, including those that are "clearly bots".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47652071

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

In the near three years since the referendum there has been absolutely zero credible effort from Brexiteers to unite the nation. Now with Brexit collapsing before their eyes they think its a time to unite. 

'You lost, get over it.'

'Remoaners'.

'Traitors!'

'Enemies of the People!'

'Now is the time for us all to unite.' Not going to happen now, is it? Not after 3 years of being shouted down and called names...

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

"Should it reach more than 17.4 million respondents then I'm sure there would be a very clear case for taking action" Commons Leader Andrea Leadsom on #RevokeArticle50 petition that crashed Parliament website

I have signed up 3 times does that count????? We all know it is as credible as an MP's expense sheet. Thanks for sharing though as it would seem some remainers on TV are hanging onto the desperate hope that people might actually think that this is credible evidence.

Talk about desperate measures. Next you will be hearing that some red bus had something to do with Brexit, people are uneducated, didn't understand what would happen or voted for and that the UK, will end up like North Korea, again.

43 minutes ago, Basil B said:

There is:

Leave the EU without a deal in March 2019

392,966 signatures

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/229963

Edit In:

Baboon sorry for duplicating your post I was researching it when you posted.

though any intelligent Brexiteer could have found that out themselves...

That petition received 241 signatures from Thailand currently the Revoke article 50 only has 198 signatures from Thailand

"

9 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

How about doing the right thing and respect the referendum result, like the adult thing it is. Regardless of you if you disagree. Many countries, including the one this forum is in, would love the chance to have a free vote with the MP's respecting the decision of the people.

I'm with Farage on this. 

A 48/52 is not game over, not by a long way.

7 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I have signed up 3 times does that count????? We all know it is as credible as an MP's expense sheet. Thanks for sharing though as it would seem some remainers on TV are hanging onto the desperate hope that people might actually think that this is credible evidence.

Talk about desperate measures. Next you will be hearing that some red bus had something to do with Brexit, people are uneducated, didn't understand what would happen or voted for and that the UK, will end up like North Korea, again.

Hence why most of the remainers on here don't support any correct validation for these petitions such as using national insurance numbers

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

Hence why most of the remainers on here don't support any correct validation for these petitions such as using national insurance numbers

Postcodes? I had to give mine.

Just now, baboon said:

Postcodes? I had to give mine.

You do realise that you can find anyone' s post code and have multiple names on a postcode, so basically multiple names from the same PC by the same person.

There could be a room full of people knocking out e mails and signing the petition right now, on shifts all day and night. Not that anyone would do that of course.????

7 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And you have the audacity to talk about democracy.

Point taken. Maybe he should have just gone for frontal lobotomy's instead of the hard-to-enforce voting restrictions.

I mean how audacious can you get?

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You do realise that you can find anyone' s post code and have multiple names on a postcode, so basically multiple names from the same PC by the same person.

There could be a room full of people knocking out e mails and signing the petition right now, on shifts all day and night. Not that anyone would do that of course.????

Given the worst offenders are in favour of a hard Brexit, I doubt they are about to shoot themselves in the foot...

Archived