Stop Brexit: A million people sign UK petition to stay in EU

webfact

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Spidey said:

Good old Nigel, you can always depend on him for those foot in mouth moments. He's clearly forgotten about the St. Petersburg Troll Farm's involvement in the Brexit campaign.

BTW. The Russian establishment is strongly in favour of Brexit, particularly a hard Brexit. Surprising that the people of Papua have an interest in Brexit.

Edit: Just had a closer look at Numpty Nigel's tweet.

North Korea-1 vote

Papua New Guinea-3 votes

Russia-12 votes

Saudi Arabia-14 votes

Spain-3287 votes.

Commensurate with the number of expats living in those countries?

If they had published the figure from Thailand they would have had at least 1 vote - mine.

Fake news with knobs on.

41 minutes ago, Spidey said:

More than one mate. 555

Just as well we didn't  believe you when you tried to claim Nigel twitter post was Fake

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

I haven't voted as I see these petitions pointless and worthless without some form of additional verfication

you must be one of the 198 people that have voted from Thailand

Actually 521 now...

I assume quite legitimate, and hardly going to put a dent in 3 million, seems some of the thousands of expats who have not resided in the UK for years can also vote in UK elections and referendums too..  

9 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Actually 521 now...

I assume quite legitimate, and hardly going to put a dent in 3 million, seems some of the thousands of expats who have not resided in the UK for years can also vote in UK elections and referendums too..  

Not as yet the bill is still going through the house of commons

10 hours ago, sungod said:

No petition, the amount of people who voted in the refererendum to leave compared to the paltry 2 million (who cannot be verified at the moment) who want to stay.

Presume you read that in the Sun?

Used to be notable for the tits on page 3 now more notable for the tits that write the garbage. 

17 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Anti-Brexit Petition In U.K. Parliament Can Be Signed By Anyone, Anywhere

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2019/03/21/anti-brexit-petition-in-u-k-parliament-can-be-signed-by-anyone-anywhere/#6e4917bf6fa5

They should be a requirement to provide your national insurance number as part of any validation for any of these petitions

another shameless attempt to subvert the will of the people....democracy being dismantled 

11 minutes ago, MRTELLYOUSTRAIGHT said:

People are becoming less and less willing to 'admit' to being a 'Remoaner' in Britain as these people are increasingly being seen as a disease 'Remoaner' is being seen as the new 'Paedophile'.

You really are on a different planet, I have no problem saying I am a remainer, It will be the Brexiters who will be vilified.

Going around saying someone is a Pedophile because someone has different views than yourself is probable the lowest thing anyone can do, do you remember when that idiot told his drinking palls that a doctor was a peado because he did not under stand the word "pediatrician".  

12 hours ago, vinny41 said:

That petition received 241 signatures from Thailand currently the Revoke article 50 only has 198 signatures from Thailand

"

Interesting that this poll has been stuck on the same figure of 392,966 for the past 24 hours

2 hours ago, MRTELLYOUSTRAIGHT said:

People are becoming less and less willing to 'admit' to being a 'Remoaner' in Britain as these people are increasingly being seen as a disease 'Remoaner' is being seen as the new 'Paedophile'.

You shouldn't spend all your time drowning your sorrows in spoonies.

5 hours ago, MRTELLYOUSTRAIGHT said:

Troll.

9 hours ago, Basil B said:

Presume you read that in the Sun?

Used to be notable for the tits on page 3 now more notable for the tits that write the garbage. 

I read all the garbage I need wrote by the tits on here.

12 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

At least some Brexiteers now admit when they manipulate. 

I think the point of his post has gone over your head. It was an exercise to show how easy it is to manipulate these epetitions, therefore to further exasperate democracy.

23 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

A breakthrough discovery. He should be considered for a Nobel Prize.  

Do you have the contact details for the patient office? I laughed so much at the originality in your last effort that I nearly fell off my computer chair & it's given me an idea...

Related image

(Seatbelt!)

35 minutes ago, vogie said:

I think the point of his post has gone over your head. It was an exercise to show how easy it is to manipulate these epetitions, therefore to further exasperate democracy.

Quite.

Online petitions are easy to manipulate by those determined to do so.

Referendums are far more difficult to manipulate.

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

At least you accept it is only a matter of degree of difficulty. 

Not at all.

The remain side (before the referendum) threw up every biased expert possible to convince the electorate that voting for leave would immediately result in catastrophe!  Osborne was (IMO) the straw that broke the camel's back - when he promised a 'punishment budget' ????.

I think we will never agree as you clearly believe that the referendum was influenced by russians etc - even though whilst young people are addicted to fb and other similar types of social media, older people are far less likely to spend anything like as much time on these types of social media!

18 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Quite.

Online petitions are easy to manipulate by those determined to do so.

Referendums are far more difficult to manipulate.

Agreed ... and that's why ardent Brexiteers never want to go near another one. You can't fool the people all of the time. 

It's the fear of what that democratic act would tell them.

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Not at all.

The remain side (before the referendum) threw up every biased expert possible to convince the electorate that voting for leave would immediately result in catastrophe!  Osborne was (IMO) the straw that broke the camel's back - when he promised a 'punishment budget' ????.

I think we will never agree as you clearly believe that the referendum was influenced by russians etc - even though whilst young people are addicted to fb and other similar types of social media, older people are far less likely to spend anything like as much time on these types of social media!

Older people are more avid Facebook fans ... and that's why younger people have moved away from it.

4 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Agreed ... and that's why ardent Brexiteers never want to go near another one. You can't fool the people all of the time. 

It's the fear of what that democratic act would tell them.

You really need to talk to MPs - who have (at the moment) no interest in another referendum, even though the vast majority are remainers and looking for a way to remain - without a number of them losing their seats.....

Ask yourself why they are so uninterested in another referendum ????.

11 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Interesting that this poll has been stuck on the same figure of 392,966 for the past 24 hours

Now 455,668 signatures for Leave the EU without a deal in March 2019 compared to 3,898,135 signatures for Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU. 

On 3/22/2019 at 5:45 AM, vinny41 said:

That petition received 241 signatures from Thailand currently the Revoke article 50 only has 198 signatures from Thailand

strangely it is still showing 241, I suspect that a lot of data is not being regularly updated at present.

{"name":"Thailand","code":"TH","signature_count":241} Leave = 1 in 1,890

{"name":"Thailand","code":"TH","signature_count":634} Revoke = 1 in 6,150

So unless there are 4 million or so uncounted signatures due to the Revoke petition overloading the system I would say the thinking of those expats living in Thailand is widely out of touch with Brits living in Britain. 

Archived