UK PM May's "reckless" Brexit message angers the lawmakers she needs to win over

webfact

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dcpo said:

Just revoke article 50. It's clear the people pushing for Brexit did not have a coherent plan in place to get it done in a reasonable manner in this time frame. If there's still a strong appetite for leaving, the Tories, or any other party, can put it in their manifesto for the next election. The people must be allowed to change their minds when confronted with new evidence. And if it turns out they haven't changed their minds, at least do it right and don't make an absolute mess of it as is happening at the moment.

Image result for get out of jail free

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The problem being MPs seen to vote for that are unlikely to be re-elected.

That probably in the case of tories depends on their selection committees. Many will put country before party and some will no doubt be glad to get out of politics now  - esp. after Jo Cox and the increasing threats from the far-right on them.  Once we have waved bye-bye to Brexit most of the electorate will be glad to get back to the issues that really matter - housing, education, NHS a fairer society for all - rather than bathing in EUSSR spudlooon conspiracies. Farage if he can be bothered having abandoned UKIP as too extreme is a one-man army who is looking to get out fastest. Once he has had his last hurrah. Which given the turnout on his pathetic march can't come soon enough. 

We are the future.....People's Vote March tomorrow - Now That's What I Call A Real March.

May is totally lost, without plan or any idea beyond her god-awful deal.

No idea what she wanted when she went to ask for the extension 

“It was 90 minutes of nothing,” one EU source said. “She didn’t even give clarity if she is organising a vote. Asked three times what she would do if she lost the vote, she couldn’t say. It was <deleted> awful. Dreadful. Evasive even by her standards.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/22/it-was-not-clear-if-she-had-a-plan-at-all-how-mays-night-at-the-summit-unfolded

Over 90 per cent of Brits say the country’s handling of Brexit has been a ‘national humiliation’, according to a new poll. Only seven per cent said the UK’s battle to leave the European Union had not been embarrassing while three per cent answered ‘don’t know’, when surveyed by Sky Data.

May is the source of our greatest embarrassment. Corbyn is wimping his way on and off the fence, and is just a puppet in the hands of his politburo. Cameron and the brexiteer leaders are horrified that they may be thwarted in their attempts to protect their offshore tax havens from EU intervention. Grim stuff wherever you look.

40 minutes ago, tebee said:

May is totally lost, without plan or any idea beyond her god-awful deal.

To be fair, she only got the job because everyone else knew what a shit-storm Brexit would be.

It was her only chance to be PM and she took it, the longer she can drag it out, the longer nobody else will want a turn as PM.

I doubt Corbyn would want a turn as PM at the moment either.

3 hours ago, vogie said:

But somebody made a valid remark yesterday, that the party that accrues the most votes may not end up in government, is that being democratic. Whilst I favoured PR, not too sure now.

PR has side effects, as fptp, but PR defects are easier to mitigate.

8 hours ago, bartender100 said:

Most of the Tories supporting her will be out of a job come the next election, including the party chairman Bradon Lewis, who presides over a constiuancy that voted to leave by 72%, Great Yarmout, we were never asked about a "deal" the vote was to leave.

He no longer has much support there

Not exactly.  It was Liam Fox, when campaigning that said "It would be the easiest deal ever" and other leave campaigners said that the EU would be desperate to do a deal with us.  That was always their mantra.  Totally understandable to believe that and vote leave.  It sounded like a no brainer.  But we are all older and wiser now ????

7 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Not exactly.  It was Liam Fox, when campaigning that said "It would be the easiest deal ever" and other leave campaigners said that the EU would be desperate to do a deal with us.  That was always their mantra.  Totally understandable to believe that and vote leave.  It sounded like a no brainer.  But we are all older and wiser now ????

Except those that are older and less wiser. 

2 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

That probably in the case of tories depends on their selection committees. Many will put country before party and some will no doubt be glad to get out of politics now  - esp. after Jo Cox and the increasing threats from the far-right on them.  Once we have waved bye-bye to Brexit most of the electorate will be glad to get back to the issues that really matter - housing, education, NHS a fairer society for all - rather than bathing in EUSSR spudlooon conspiracies. Farage if he can be bothered having abandoned UKIP as too extreme is a one-man army who is looking to get out fastest. Once he has had his last hurrah. Which given the turnout on his pathetic march can't come soon enough. 

We are the future.....People's Vote March tomorrow - Now That's What I Call A Real March.

The foliage growth and reference to Conservative MPs & showing Soubury leads me to believe this has been recycled.

Whatever the case the crowd next Friday will dwarf any seen earlier and they'll have walked much further than from Park Lane.

7 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

What are you talking about?   You weren't asked about a deal, you were assured, like the rest of us, that not only would we get a deal, but that it would be "one of the easiest in human history".

He said 'we were never asked about a "deal" the vote was to leave'. What are you talking about?

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

The foliage growth and reference to Conservative MPs & showing Soubury leads me to believe this has been recycled.

Whatever the case the crowd next Friday will dwarf any seen earlier and they'll have walked much further than from Park Lane.

Well the 50 that kept the faith will have (not Nigel of course - the idea of hanging out with the plebs for a couple of weeks is not his thing - and on that point I pretty much agree with him). As for the rest 20k max and the edl yobs will spoil it for you. Sorry to pee on your parade so to speak. It's not your fault you have been conned royally by a legion of spivs. 

4 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Well the 50 that kept the faith will have (not Nigel of course - the idea of hanging out with the plebs for a couple of weeks is not his thing - and on that point I pretty much agree with him). As for the rest 20k max and the edl yobs will spoil it for you. Sorry to pee on your parade so to speak. It's not your fault you have been conned royally by a legion of spivs. 

If you had the intelligence that you claim is lacking elsewhere you'd have resisted the urge to post until Sat 30th.

7 hours ago, Loiner said:

Article 50 won’t be revoked and there will be no second referendum. There is now an even stronger appetite for Leave among the electorate and the political elites know that. They cannot risk the potential political and possibly social turmoil that would result from an obvious thwarting of a democratic referendum.
They didn’t even make a coherent plan. They only crave their EU ideology, at any expense to the national interest. Remainers have consistently tried to cling to the EU tails by subterfuge. They are even willing to settle for it under May’s worse deal in the world, of BRINO. This is where the mess comes from.

You berate others for not backing up what they say with links. Where are your links to substantiate this pile of nonsense?

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

Yep, If you don't like the truth just call it fake news. I wonder where Brexiteers got that idea from?

You berate others for not backing up what they say with links. Where are your links to substantiate this pile of nonsense?

You confuse me with one of your Remainwashed propaganda purveyors. I’m not interested in links from anybody.
I don’t rely on some Mickey Mouse back up. Why do you think everything has to come from a link? If you want links, go find your own. I’m not doing your home work for you.

9 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Yep, If you don't like the truth just call it fake news. I wonder where Brexiteers got that idea from?

Am I not right re the foliage being far too advanced for this time of year in a typical year or that Soubruy went AWOL from the tories some 3+ weeks ago?

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Am I not right re the foliage being far too advanced for this time of year in a typical year or that Soubruy went AWOL from the tories some 3+ weeks ago?

I believe that the UK has had a very mild winter. 555.

You can watch it live on Rupert Murdock News on the day. Then you can comment.

16 minutes ago, bartender100 said:

Nothing to fear leaving the EU without a deal, laymans break down.

https://www.melaniephillips.com/as-whitehall-systematically-sabotages-brexit-two-civil-servants-blow-the-whistle/

Melanie Phillips <deleted> f*f*s

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Melanie_Phillips

Archived