In major shift, Trump says time for U.S. to recognise Israeli sovereignty over Golan

webfact

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Your arguments would have been taken more seriously if you hadn't singled out the US as a 'warmongering' nations and Israel as 'ethnic cleansing' but with such myopic one sided views, disregarding others nations plights, your words means nothing...

Actually his word is worth the same as yours, no more and no less.

You have no real sensible reply so as usual you insult the poster.

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Sweet F.A. that's what most posters here know what is really going on in the middle east, all ears are perked up once the hear Israel this or israel that, to say that many of the people commenting on these topics are NOT israel's nor Jews sympathisers will be an understatement, judging from the 'confused' feedbacks to my posts sums it all up, confused and clueless, most here getting their middle east knowledge from sensesational TV and newspaper headlines and for them that's enough, 

for example, successions of Israeli prime ministers were ready to give back some of the annexed Golan heights, even netanyahu, most of all did PM Olmert who offered Assad the whole of the territory back for peace treaty with Syria, that offer was rejected and the rest is history...

That was kind of the Israelis to offer to return what they had stolen in the first place.

5 hours ago, Emdog said:

"Trump: creating problems where there were none before" might be a good 2020 campaign slogan

..and the Times of Israel agrees with you.

By recognizing Golan, US seen ‘solving’ a problem that doesn’t exist

The status quo on the plateau, in which Israel’s control was neither recognized nor challenged, will likely be upended by Trump’s move, and not in Israel’s favor, experts warn

“In my view, this seems to be a solution in search of a problem.” (Robert Satloff, the executive director of the The Washington Institute for Near-East Policy.)

“It stirs a hornet’s nest that didn’t need stirring,” agreed Ilan Goldenberg, the director of the Middle East Security Program at the Center for a New American Security. “Nobody cares about the Golan Heights right now or is actively contesting Israel’s position in the Golan. So why create this headache?”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/by-recognizing-golan-us-seen-solving-a-problem-that-doesnt-exist/

Trump is probably softening up the international community for further announcements regarding more annexations after the Israeli elections.

53 minutes ago, billd766 said:

You have no real sensible reply so as usual you insult the poster.

why should he be any different that a great deal of your lot....

3 hours ago, Opl said:

" During an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network, Pompeo called it “possible” that Trump was sent by God to save the Jewish people."

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/03/21/pompeo-thinks-god-sent-trump-jewish-people.html

Save them from what?  Although Israel refuses to enter any nuclear proliferation treaty and denies having any it is well known that Israel has a stockpile of nuclear weapons.

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

It would be helpful to read this article in the right context, remembering China annexing Taiwan and Tibet, Turkey of north Cyprus, Russia of Crimea and Georgia and many more, and when an explanations will be given for the above only then The US and israel can be scrutinised...

When did China annex Taiwan, or should we say the Republic of China?

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

I thought they already controlled the world according to your sort.

No they are subservient to the Lizards, who they secretly serve, aided by the Masons, the Orangemen and Telly-Tubbies.

But don't tell him or his tin hat may fall off!

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Sweet F.A. that's what most posters here know what is really going on in the middle east, all ears are perked up once the hear Israel this or israel that, to say that many of the people commenting on these topics are NOT israel's nor Jews sympathisers will be an understatement, judging from the 'confused' feedbacks to my posts sums it all up, confused and clueless, most here getting their middle east knowledge from sensesational TV and newspaper headlines and for them that's enough, 

for example, successions of Israeli prime ministers were ready to give back some of the annexed Golan heights, even netanyahu, most of all did PM Olmert who offered Assad the whole of the territory back for peace treaty with Syria, that offer was rejected and the rest is history...

The entirety of your post proves your first sentence correct... at least in relationship to yourself ....unless of course, your being deliberately selective to encourage debate.

Olmert may have made an offer.... an offer wherein he returned Syrian territory to Syria...  but mentioning that alone, without imparting information on what he was seeking/ demanding in return, is diversionary at best, and suggesting it was simply a peace treaty is naive.

Obviously Syria did not take Olmert Syriasouly... just like Mexico ain’t gonna pay for no wall.

An expert on the Golan Heights issue I'm not.

But I had the impression that the status quo was working out well enough already.

I do understand Israeli's feeling of needing to be there for tactical security reasons, regardless of the actual legal status of the land.

It does smell of 45 trying to help out struggling Bibi in the Israeli election.

That stinks. They both should be in prison. 

28 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

why should he be any different that a great deal of your lot....

Perhaps because most of "my lot" as you call them, rarely insult other posters.

YMMV

17 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Conquering is not stealing.

So if Iran went to war with Israel and beat them they could take the land as would be conquered land and not stealing.

53 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Perhaps because most of "my lot" as you call them, rarely insult other posters.

YMMV

So if Iran went to war with Israel and beat them they could take the land as would be conquered land and not stealing.

Sure. They should go for it. Solve lots of problems if they tried. 

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

It would be helpful to read this article in the right context, remembering China annexing Taiwan and Tibet, Turkey of north Cyprus, Russia of Crimea and Georgia and many more, and when an explanations will be given for the above only then The US and israel can be scrutinised...

It would be the same as US recognising Russian sovereignty of Crimea, China sovereignty of Taiwan, etc.

12 minutes ago, stevenl said:

It would be the same as US recognising Russian sovereignty of Crimea, China sovereignty of Taiwan, etc.

No it wouldnt.

The Golan Heights isnt a Nation. Its a strip of territory. A strip of territory that in the past was used for the usual Arab sneaky offensive purposes. So when the Syrians finally manned up and tried to fight face to face, they lost. So now they don't get their little strip of shit territory any more. Waaah. Poor widdle Syrians. 

Take it to the UN. You slap the giant you get slapped back and maybe you lose some teeth.

40 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

No it wouldnt.

The Golan Heights isnt a Nation. Its a strip of territory. A strip of territory that in the past was used for the usual Arab sneaky offensive purposes. So when the Syrians finally manned up and tried to fight face to face, they lost. So now they don't get their little strip of shit territory any more. Waaah. Poor widdle Syrians. 

Take it to the UN. You slap the giant you get slapped back and maybe you lose some teeth.

Is Crimea a nation? North Cyprus?

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Is Crimea a nation? North Cyprus?

Well until 1783 it was. And I would probably recognize Russias sovreignty over Crimea. And what does North Cyprus have to do with anything?

56 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

It has been taken to the United Nations.

isreal is in contravention of UN arbitration.

Donald is arguably using this as yet another attack on that bodies powers.

7 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Thats what they said about Roosevelt and radio

7 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Thats what they said about Roosevelt and radio

Absolutely no comparison by any reasonable standard.

one explains policy making and decision, speaking truth to the American people’s... the other expresses rage and vitriol, speaking untruth to the American people’s

one was lauded as quelling public fear... the other incites public fear.

Regardless... please cite your source of information that led to this claim

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fireside_chats

The EU reacted this morning...

EU Says Does Not Recognize Israeli Sovereignty Over Golan Heights
Despite Trump's shift toward recognition of Israeli sovereignty over Golan, European Union still considers the area occupied

"The position of the EU has not changed. The European Union, in line with international law, does not recognise Israel’s sovereignty over the territories occupied by Israel since June 1967, including the Golan Heights, and does not consider them to be part of Israel’s territory," the spokesperson said.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-eu-says-does-not-recognize-israeli-sovereignty-over-golan-heights-1.7045143

So Trump isolates USA once again in relation to Israel as he did last year in his own reckless idiocy. He will probably blame everyone else but himself. I wonder if he ever considers the fact that he may be on the wrong side of history?

4 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Well until 1783 it was. And I would probably recognize Russias sovreignty over Crimea. And what does North Cyprus have to do with anything?

North Cyprus is involved for the same reason as Crimea: a poster named these as examples, a post that doesn't make sense since the comparison was apples and oranges.

No expert on Golan Heights and don't really care. However my read on this is turning blue Jewish votes red. It's just another step to handily defeating the dems who are pretty much going to find out the Jewish vote has jumped ship on them Trump is a pretty staunch Israel supporter for a man the left ironically calls a nazi. 

The dems have assumed that they will always get that vote. There are going to be a few voting for Trump quietly while telling people who poll them the opposite. This is a big deal in places like Florida.

Okay time for outraged replies, I can already feel the vehemence coming.

No expert on Golan Heights and don't really care. However my read on this is turning blue Jewish votes red. It's just another step to handily defeating the dems who are pretty much going to find out the Jewish vote has jumped ship on them Trump is a pretty staunch Israel supporter for a man the left ironically calls a nazi. 

The dems have assumed that they will always get that vote. There are going to be a few voting for Trump quietly while telling people who poll them the opposite. This is a big deal in places like Florida.

Okay time for outraged replies, I can already feel the vehemence coming.

Not gonna happen. Dream on. It's insulting too. You're conflating American Jews with Israelis. Tsk Tsk.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived