Hundreds more targeted in immigration crackdown on illegal foreigners - tally tops 8,000

webfact

2 hours ago, Vermaric said:

Too much information. lol

Nah, he was thinking ahead to avoiding the sitting there in your underpants photo for the newspapers - mentioned it so that others would remember to pull on a pair of trousers when they hear the knock.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, gunderhill said:

I've never  done it in 14 years.

Me neither but it looks like we'll have to catch up. I'm not back in the country until August so I told my wife we will start doing it when I get back.

11 hours ago, madmitch said:

So, you can now get arrested for this? There must be thousands out there that don't comply. I only did it for the first time in November, and that was online.

Hmm, I thought the first time you have to do it in person.

12 hours ago, madmitch said:

So, you can now get arrested for this? There must be thousands out there that don't comply. I only did it for the first time in November, and that was online.

million thais never reported anything...hello isan

5 hours ago, StevieAus said:

I am curious as to what is a silent fire alarm and what is the use If it is not audible, unless of course it activates on a monitored control panel?

All the units in the condo have one installed so it's controlled by someone . It detects smoke etc. 

To be a bit less nationalistic shouldn't this read 485 people from Asia, and five citizens of Western ethnicity who have been deceived by our ever-changing visa requirements!

13 hours ago, webfact said:

over-stayers, people illegally entering on tourist visas, scammers, skimmers

How many of those who are genuine tourists were arrested because they did not have their passports on them? They do not mention! Its so humiliating now to stopped by 15 men in uniform in a public place to see people looking at you as if you are a criminal to ask you for your passport, if you are not in possession then the matter is more complicated when they take you to the place where you live to get your passport, even when they are satisfied that you are legal, still no excuse of all inconveniences caused to you!

14 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

All the illegal Indian touts were absent from Beach Rd. for a couple of days, maybe they were tipped off.

They were all back yesterday unfortunately. 

Only a few weeks ago that Big Joke told us that there weren't any more illegals because he had cleared them all out ?

1 hour ago, Felt 35 said:

To be a bit less nationalistic shouldn't this read 485 people from Asia, and five citizens of Western ethnicity who have been deceived by our ever-changing visa requirements!

Why.... Do you think westerners are something special?

When you eventually leave mums basement and travel to Asia you may realise the days of the Great White Hope died 40 years ago. 

1 hour ago, ZAKY said:

How many of those who are genuine tourists were arrested because they did not have their passports on them? They do not mention! Its so humiliating now to stopped by 15 men in uniform in a public place to see people looking at you as if you are a criminal to ask you for your passport, if you are not in possession then the matter is more complicated when they take you to the place where you live to get your passport, even when they are satisfied that you are legal, still no excuse of all inconveniences caused to you!

What is your point.  It is common knowledge that a foreigner in Thailand should have a passport with them.  Some reports say a reasonable facsimile is acceptable also. 

I've been asked for my passport at Chong Chom markets. Didn't have it.   Wife said it was at home.  Cop said I was supposed to carry at all times. No problem.i now stuff the pp and IDP  above the sun visor in the car. I. E it's always with, or close to me  

Asked for it by three immigration police at Don Maung domestic... No problem... Showed them the pp.  

What is the drama with this? 

13 hours ago, Xaos said:

Isn't it housemaster or hotel duty to report? Not foreigner at all.

As well didnt they said couple months ago there's no single overstayer in TH now. 

It was in the report that Thai nationals were among the arrested, I'm assuming it was 

these folk who were nabbed for not reporting an alien.

Just now, shy coconut said:

It was in the report that Thai nationals were among the arrested, I'm assuming it was 

these folk who were nabbed for not reporting an alien.

I think you are correct.  Jeez my miss must have lost her rooting licence by now if it's based on points like driving. 

8 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

If you are travelling around LOS most but not all hotels will officially book you in by your passport but I hsve been registered in a variety of places without the formalities being observed.  Right up to a 5 star resort!!!!   

We heard you 1st time !!!

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

Asked for it by three immigration police at Don Maung domestic... No problem... Showed them the pp.  

What is the drama with this? 

People don't like Thailand turning into North Korea, I think that's the drama.

9 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

Thailand has made it's own bed. People have been paying agencies and "officials" cash for years and years to turn a blind eye. So, yes when they clamp down the figures can look big. 

I wonder how many who pay regularly for "being looked after" have been raided?

Anyway, Thailand has every right to clean up it's act. and enforce it's laws. It will put a lot of agencies and visa runners out of business I am sure because if it is the strict way and no other way there will be no need for the friendly agencies that take a chunk of cash to circumnavigate the law. I am referring to retirees in this case.

A lot of retirees will be leaving and a lot of companies will be thinking twice about employing illegally. 

You don't seem to have a clue chum.

How many of the people referred to here have been paying agencies and "officials"?

Tell us in six or twelve months time how many agencies have closed and how many "officials" prosecuted, fired or moved to inactive posts.

3 hours ago, Xaos said:

Isn't it housemaster or hotel duty to report? Not foreigner at all.

As well didnt they said couple months ago there's no single overstayer in TH now. 

as a foreigner condo owner NOW, every time you come back from abroad on holiday in your OWN condo, you have 24 hours to go report your own adress to the immigration..hum hum...although they know it already from the card that you have to fill in the plane before landing to pass immigration..and although if you come on a visa, they have also asked your adress on the application.... ! Last year, I had to pay a fine of 1600 baht because nobody told me that this law existing already for many years (maybe 10) was just starting to be enforced against foreigners-owner ! In 16 years in Thailand, and in 10 years as a owner, I never had any problem if I went in immigration for a visa extension...last year: fine 1600+1900 for visa extension (I needed only 1 week or 10 days...). I start to be fed up of this greed and limit rip-off, against "good guys"...no wonder that the number of "good westerners" is decreasing....

I got fined for not reporting when I was in hospital on a drip. Yeah, I went to immigration with all the medical reports - were they interested? Sometimes, despite all the lovely Thai people massaging your ego, you get a flash of insight as to where you really stand in this country.

22 hours ago, madmitch said:

Jomtien say must do every time. 

I do every time. ????

I have total respect for a country who is hard on illegals, not like the idiots in my old country of Canada who have illegal border jumpers staying in hotels and eating their faces off while citizens freeze on the streets. Go Thailand and Philippines.

2 minutes ago, taipan1949 said:

I have total respect for a country who is hard on illegals, not like the idiots in my old country of Canada who have illegal border jumpers staying in hotels and eating their faces off while citizens freeze on the streets. Go Thailand and Philippines.

Yep, need to get rid of those nasty people who didn't register the address they put on the immigration card at the airport within 24 hours ???? 

6 hours ago, cedel said:

as a foreigner condo owner NOW, every time you come back from abroad on holiday in your OWN condo, you have 24 hours to go report your own adress to the immigration..hum hum...although they know it already from the card that you have to fill in the plane before landing to pass immigration..and although if you come on a visa, they have also asked your adress on the application.... ! Last year, I had to pay a fine of 1600 baht because nobody told me that this law existing already for many years (maybe 10) was just starting to be enforced against foreigners-owner ! In 16 years in Thailand, and in 10 years as a owner, I never had any problem if I went in immigration for a visa extension...last year: fine 1600+1900 for visa extension (I needed only 1 week or 10 days...). I start to be fed up of this greed and limit rip-off, against "good guys"...no wonder that the number of "good westerners" is decreasing....

I was told by  a  uniformed IO at Jomtien, when I asked him directly, no address report required from retirees when returning to the registered home address, from abroad or after internal fravel.

Archived