Hundreds more targeted in immigration crackdown on illegal foreigners - tally tops 8,000

webfact

On 3/22/2019 at 8:37 AM, mommysboy said:

'The Maj-Gen said he was following government orders to rid the country of romance scammers, ATM skimmers and drug dealers. The Thai Rath story then gave no evidence that anyone had been arrested for those matters. '

Lol

this is rubbish immigration are targeting tourists i know i was one of them , i came to thailand on a 60 day visa i then extended it 30 days i then went on holiday to singapore for 2 nights and returned to thailand and was interviewed by thai immigration he said tourists can only stay in thailand 3 months  he said i was doing illegal (but this was a lie ) as i asked jomtien immigration and they said i can get 2 x 30 day stamp which i only had been outside thailand 1 time this was the first time i had come into thailand on a 30 day stamp , i have been coming to thailand for 24 years and NEVER had 1 day overstay i should get a medal for it , for me in future i will only come to thailand for 3 months and go somewhere else after .     i came for 6 months holiday so next time will only stay thailand 3 months of it then go somewhere else as thailand under military rule is geting to be a dictator state who are destroying tourism here 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Thais were arrested because they hiring neighboring countries illegal aliens workers without proper documents, not for reporting, I guess. Because nowadays most of hotels and accommodations have a document to fill up and past to nearest police station regarding to their guests and tenants. In the same time as foreigners, we need to carry our passport all the time while we are out there because we are not in our own country right it is very standard procedure anywhere in the world. So if you are not carrying it then deal with consequences. Especially Thailand is not the same before so be careful with what you up to.

It doesn't count because you haven't actually returned to your address. I just had a friend return from Australia, he's on a marriage visa, and he had to return to Fang District to lodge a TM28 advising his return to his address here, and then drive back to CM the next day to do his extension of stay. He was advised by Imm that this was required if he wanted to get his extension without hassles.  A couple of years ago when he did his extension in CM they were going to refuse to grant it for this very reason. He was lucky that he had a sympathetic IO that time and he was told that he needed to do this every time he returned to Thailand after being abroad, as does the Thai owner of the household. This year he forgot, and lucklily for him the IO at Fang Imm ( 90 day reports only ) reminded him of this requirement which he had forgotten. So both parties are required to notify, farang on TM28 & Thai on TM 30. Incidentally as far as I can ascertain this has been the law for many years and started being heavily enforced, especially here in CM about 3 years ago.

2 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

It doesn't count because you haven't actually returned to your address. I just had a friend return from Australia, he's on a marriage visa, and he had to return to Fang District to lodge a TM28 advising his return to his address here, and then drive back to CM the next day to do his extension of stay. He was advised by Imm that this was required if he wanted to get his extension without hassles.  A couple of years ago when he did his extension in CM they were going to refuse to grant it for this very reason. He was lucky that he had a sympathetic IO that time and he was told that he needed to do this every time he returned to Thailand after being abroad, as does the Thai owner of the household. This year he forgot, and lucklily for him the IO at Fang Imm ( 90 day reports only ) reminded him of this requirement which he had forgotten. So both parties are required to notify, farang on TM28 & Thai on TM 30. Incidentally as far as I can ascertain this has been the law for many years and started being heavily enforced, especially here in CM about 3 years ago.

expect it too become more onerous

11 hours ago, Grusa said:

I was told by  a  uniformed IO at Jomtien, when I asked him directly, no address report required from retirees when returning to the registered home address, from abroad or after internal fravel.

It was told me the same by immigration. I been there upon my return from abroad the cop asked me if I need to report a change of address. I said no, I just need to let you know that I been abroad but my address is the same no changed. He looked my entry stamp and said: ok came back in 90 days 

On 3/22/2019 at 8:43 AM, fforest1 said:

What happend to all the Nigerians? The Nigerians seem to be missing in action for months now on the immigration sweeps..

Were still hanging about on Sukhumvit around Soi 13 last night when I walked past.

Archived