Thai massage video: Dr Happy denies he broke poor woman's leg by stepping on her

webfact

21 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And perhaps he has no idea what he's doing. Or has he decided that his remedies work because he says so.

I wonder is he has any sort of certified training?

Or is he an attention seeker.

I don't know a lot about massage, but in my experience, and from hearing other people's experiences, there seem to be a lot of 'therapists' who don't know what they are doing.

2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I don't know a lot about massage, but in my experience, and from hearing other people's experiences, there seem to be a lot of 'therapists' who don't know what they are doing.

Same with bar girls, often clueless. With the amount of training that they have received from me, they should have paid me.

9 hours ago, sweatalot said:

I doubt the massage could break that bone. I suppose there must have been a preexisting condition, like cancer or a bone cyst. Bad luck for both of them. What does the X-ray show?

A normal massage wouldn't break your leg... but fatty standing on it I'm not so sure !

From the video i see no evidence of a broken leg from the massage. Now a massage that would not be comfortable or not possibly cause an injury like a sprain or some other muscle injury yes. Hut getting up and walking away just fine afterwards. No way her leg was broken. I think she had a preexisting leg problem ans what he did only made it worse. Then since was not to her liking the massage decided he could be liable for her medical bills. Again some of what he did i don't agree with and could see causing some sort of injury but not a broken leg. As for myself i have gotten massages here but only from licenaed day spas with fully licensed massage therapist from thailand stop massage schools. Where a 1 hr thai is at least 500.  So was he right no. Is he liable for a preexisting injuries or problems no. Should he be allowed to continue to give massages no to that as well. 

11 hours ago, Spidey said:

When I first came to Thailand, I looked forward to having Thai massage as I had a couple of chronic muscular/skeletal problems. I soon realised that Thai masseurs/masseuses are complete cowboys with zero understanding of human physiognomy. Use them at your peril. Guaranteed to do more harm than good. I still go for the occasional massage but limit them to performing a foot massage, even then I have occasionally come out with more pain than I went in with.

at several thai hospitals thai massage is offered from professional stuff...

Wat Pho is the gold standard I think, my SO has a couple of certificates from them. She knows the techniques anyway after a lifetime of practice, and yeah, her biceps are to be envied. Wat Pho gave her some insight into when it might not be appropriate. The problem is that a lot of masseuses know the techniques but lack medical knowledge. A classic example was my mate with an artificial shoulder joint who went for a beach massage - he told her, would she listen, no, she was determined to straighten that arm. Ha! As for this poor lady, I would guess she had a pre-existing problem, did the guy break her leg, probably not, but he certainly didn't help matters. 

21 hours ago, petermik said:

news the other night...blaady idiot,

Is that the news reel he was slamming the ladies leg down. 

I thought he was in trouble physical abuse ... she flop around thought she was dead

Archived