Proof the funds came from abroad is not required for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

It is only required if applying for 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration that is needed for the extension application.

44 minutes ago, elviajero said:

The funds are supposed to have originated from abroad, but immigration do not — as a general rule — ask for proof.

But it is not a written requirement. I don't recall it ever being asked for when applying for an extension.

Thanks for the information. I will make a try for the retirement extension tomorrow. Another question, Just for a test run I tried the on-line 90 day report. I could not get past the 1st page. When I get my extension do I have to notify them that I want to do on-line reports ?.

38 minutes ago, mirage said:

When I get my extension do I have to notify them that I want to do on-line reports ?.

No

But you will need to do the first report in person 90 days from the day you apply for the extension.

I assume you got the the contact your local immigration office message when you tried doing the online report. The message basically means your record could not be found in the database it checks that is a record your most recent entry to the country. There are many reasons for it to happen. Best to check the last few pages of the pinned topic for online reporting for more info.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No

But you will need to do the first report in person 90 days from the day you apply for the extension.

I assume you got the the contact your local immigration office message when you tried doing the online report. The message basically means your record could not be found in the database it checks that is a record your most recent entry to the country. There are many reasons for it to happen. Best to check the last few pages of the pinned topic for online reporting for more info.

Ok Thanks, yes that was the message. That should be interesting. I will return to Thailand 5th November, 90 days later I will be 18,000 k away from where I took my visa extension, It will be 30 days more before I return to the place that my extension was issued. Will I be able to do my report in another area ?. If not  I suppose Thai post will be the only other option !.

Edited by mirage
spelling

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

"In person" includes postal too I think? I don't recall ever having showed up at Chaengwattana in person for a 90 day report. 

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

"In person" includes postal too I think? I don't recall ever having showed up at Chaengwattana in person for a 90 day report. 

That would depend upon the office you report to.

But a mailed in report could be rejected since you would not a have a history of doing a report at that office.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That would depend upon the office you report to.

But a mailed in report could be rejected since you would not a have a history of doing a report at that office.

Thanks, yes maybe I was just lucky that it was Bangkok who've tended to be more relaxed on these things than other offices. 

OK I went today to get my 1st extension for retirement. It could not have been easier, the staff were so helpful, truly excellent. I have been going there for a few years for visit wife extension, and have always got on well with the officers they have always been very helpful. I have a 1 year extension plus re-entry. I will leave before the 1st 90 day report is due and will not return until November. At the time that I will need to do a 90 day report I will be many miles away. After speaking the the manager he said I can do my 90 day report in the province where I am when it is due, but not to forget to register that I am there first. He gave my wife his mobile number, and that she should call him if we have a problem. Very happy, very helpful no problems at all.

• Like 1