Video: Find this hit and run driver who hit motorcyclist in Chiang Mai

webfact

Video: Find this hit and run driver who hit motorcyclist in Chiang Mai

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Video footage from the San Dek intersection in Chiang Mai showed a white pick-up hit a stationary motor cycle. 

The rider - waiting at a red light - does a flip and the bike is damaged but the pick-up driver carries on regardless. 

Amphan Khempradam went on Facebook to call for people to help by sharing the footage. 

A police report has been made following the incident at 5.40 pm on Monday. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-22

23 minutes ago, webfact said:

but the pick-up driver carries on regardless. 

If the driver had stopped then he/she would have to take responsibility for their idiocy. Sadly a rare trait here amongst road users. 

How did the pickup driver ever imagine he could get through that gap.

he did not even try to inch his way through,just went for it,he needs

to be caught and dealt with severely,not the usual 500 Thb  and a wai.  

regards worgeordie

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

How did the pickup driver ever imagine he could get through that gap.

he did not even try to inch his way through,just went for it,he needs

to be caught and dealt with severely,not the usual 500 Thb  and a wai.  

regards worgeordie

While not condoning the truck driver's actions, they *should* have been able to fit through as the lane is u-turn only and shouldn't be occupied by stationary vehicles looking to go straight on then right as the motorcycle was. The motorcycle should have been a lane and a half to the left.

39 minutes ago, shady86 said:

I bet the pickup driver was drunk. Many Thais cant even drive small car properly, they should avoid pickups at all cost.

Probably sober, but just a crap driver.  There's quite a few here.

And I agree with taotoo, the motorbikes shouldn't be blocking the u-turn lane.  Actually, watched it again, the pickup driver had room to be further to the right.

2 hours ago, Samuel Smith said:

Probably sober, but just a crap driver.  There's quite a few here.

And I agree with taotoo, the motorbikes shouldn't be blocking the u-turn lane.  Actually, watched it again, the pickup driver had room to be further to the right.

yea I noticed the space he had to maneuver also then I thought intentional? hope not

19 hours ago, Lungstib said:

When motorbike riders top the injury lists people blame the bikes but this tells us much about what goes on in reality. That number plate could be brought up and read with the right tools. 

I captured the frame and zoomed in. Cant quite make it out. Would need a higher resolution of the video then could easily identify.

Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 4.29.12 PM.png

13 minutes ago, frozenpuck said:

I captured the frame and zoomed in. Cant quite make it out. Would need a higher resolution of the video then could easily identify.

Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 4.29.12 PM.png

Nice job. That's plenty to go on. I'm sure the cops have image enhancing tools, and with that detail and time stamp, getting additional CCTV footage of the vehicle further down the road should be easy.

Archived