May gets two-week Brexit reprieve from impatient EU

webfact

4 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I am looking forward to the next GE. Whenever that is to see those self serving, arrogant MP's get the bullet from their constituents. Obviously they feel superior and that they know best. The HoC like the HoL is an absolute disgrace and I have to say I am embarrassed to be British at the moment, with these lot.

Regardless of your political believes it shows that the MP's represent themselves and their interests. here is hoping Karma deals them their desserts earlier rather than later.

Grieve will be gone before the weekend. Others will follow.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I am looking forward to the next GE. Whenever that is to see those self serving, arrogant MP's get the bullet from their constituents. Obviously they feel superior and that they know best. The HoC like the HoL is an absolute disgrace and I have to say I am embarrassed to be British at the moment, with these lot.

Regardless of your political believes it shows that the MP's represent themselves and their interests. here is hoping Karma deals them their desserts earlier rather than later.

Embarrassed to be british ???? at long last its sinking in,have you put your union jack onesie back in the wardrobe.

Just now, bomber said:

Embarrassed to be british ???? at long last its sinking in,have you put your union jack onesie back in the wardrobe.

Yes I was this morning after seeing the shower who are supposedly representing the people. As a someone who is patriotic something you are not will never understand as you are a 'Brit Basher". I realise its the British MP's that I am embarrassed at, not Britain.

Sorry to spoil your day and an attempt at sending another picture with a guy, with a union jack on.

9 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Can we PLEASE  get beyond these idiotic, insulting posts and try to debate in a normal manner?

Nobody takes bomber seriously, so why reply?

Well dick I do not believe it was an idiotic reply in total. Clarification on someone making a sweeping statement, is justifiable.

As for nobody taking notice of Bomber I couldn't agree more.

14 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Can we PLEASE  get beyond these idiotic, insulting posts and try to debate in a normal manner?

Nobody takes bomber seriously, so why reply?

There is being patriotic and there is being plain stupid,brexit and all that goes with it were just a barmy idea,it was ill thought out by a few patriotic fools with very few brain cells and look where it has brought us,the laffing stock of the western world,hopefully MPs do there duty and bin it as is doomed to failure in whatever its current form is meant to be,to work it needs a party 100% behind it to deliver it not a handful of chancers like moggs bojo and farage.

Oh ..no...! now the E.U. see a slight chance to keep U.K. in the E.U...… possible by stirring up all a bit by any trick in the (E.U.) book....." politics and diplomacy the dirty game "...:wink: 

(Even  being a European I can not see beside this tactic…)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/27/donald-tusk-majority-uk-stay-eu-article-50-brexit

EU cannot betray ‘increasing majority’ who want UK to remain, says Tusk

EC president hails those who marched against Brexit and the revoke article 50 petitioners

Donald Tusk issued a rallying call to the “increasing majority” of British people who want to cancel Brexit and stay in the EU as MPs were given the chance to back a second referendum.

In a stirring intervention, the European council president praised those who marched on the streets of London and the millions who are petitioning the government to revoke article 50.

4 hours ago, david555 said:

Oh ..no...! now the E.U. see a slight chance to keep U.K. in the E.U...… possible by stirring up all a bit by any trick in the (E.U.) book....." politics and diplomacy the dirty game "...:wink: 

(Even  being a European I can not see beside this tactic…)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/27/donald-tusk-majority-uk-stay-eu-article-50-brexit

EU cannot betray ‘increasing majority’ who want UK to remain, says Tusk

EC president hails those who marched against Brexit and the revoke article 50 petitioners

Donald Tusk issued a rallying call to the “increasing majority” of British people who want to cancel Brexit and stay in the EU as MPs were given the chance to back a second referendum.

In a stirring intervention, the European council president praised those who marched on the streets of London and the millions who are petitioning the government to revoke article 50.

But I'm sure he has a special place in hell for the majority of the UK that voted leave.

Here we go ...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/28/eu-discusses-terms-for-talks-after-no-deal-brexit

EU moves into crisis mode as it plans for no-deal Brexit

Ambassadors open talks on terms to be set for bloc to return to negotiating table if UK crashes out in April

The EU has moved into full crisis mode, with officials now setting the terms the UK will have to meet for Brussels to open talks on avoiding an economic meltdown in the weeks after a no-deal Brexit.

In anticipation of a no-deal outcome on 12 April after MPs voted down eight Brexit options on Wednesday, and the likely rejection of the withdrawal agreement on Friday, EU ambassadors on Thursday morning opened discussions on the terms to be set for the bloc to return to the negotiating table.

European press gets popcorn out for another chaotic day of Brexit

The EU’s chief negotiator, Michel Barnier, told the diplomats during the meeting that a no deal was now “the most plausible outcome”, and that there was an urgent need to war-game the bloc’s response to it. The EU is to step up its “full-on crisis” preparations, according to a diplomatic note.

It was agreed among the member states that for there to be any talks after the UK has crashed out, the bloc’s 27 capitals will expect Downing Street to agree to signal by 18 April that it will pay the £39bn Brexit bill despite the failure of the Commons to ratify the withdrawal agreement.

more....

And hopefully the eu will be told to " go forth and multiply " big time!!!!!

Here we go ...
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/28/eu-discusses-terms-for-talks-after-no-deal-brexit
EU moves into crisis mode as it plans for no-deal Brexit
Ambassadors open talks on terms to be set for bloc to return to negotiating table if UK crashes out in April
The EU has moved into full crisis mode, with officials now setting the terms the UK will have to meet for Brussels to open talks on avoiding an economic meltdown in the weeks after a no-deal Brexit.
In anticipation of a no-deal outcome on 12 April after MPs voted down eight Brexit options on Wednesday, and the likely rejection of the withdrawal agreement on Friday, EU ambassadors on Thursday morning opened discussions on the terms to be set for the bloc to return to the negotiating table.
European press gets popcorn out for another chaotic day of Brexit

The EU’s chief negotiator, Michel Barnier, told the diplomats during the meeting that a no deal was now “the most plausible outcome”, and that there was an urgent need to war-game the bloc’s response to it. The EU is to step up its “full-on crisis” preparations, according to a diplomatic note.
It was agreed among the member states that for there to be any talks after the UK has crashed out, the bloc’s 27 capitals will expect Downing Street to agree to signal by 18 April that it will pay the £39bn Brexit bill despite the failure of the Commons to ratify the withdrawal agreement.

more....

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

33 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

And hopefully the eu will be told to " go forth and multiply " big time!!!!!

I think the multiply factor will be in the " It was agreed among the member states that for there to be any talks after the UK has crashed out, the bloc’s 27 capitals will expect Downing Street to agree to signal by 18 April that it will pay the £39bn Brexit bill despite the failure of the Commons to ratify the withdrawal agreement."

So if not ,...there shall be no trade talks … no favors on both sides no flights...., not this , not that ,….etc I guess...call it a kind of economic boycott 

15 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Little reminder to the eu..a very high %age of eu flights travelling west ie..to USA..Canada etc fly over UK air space
Just sayingemoji6.png

Damn ,damn, damn …., oh why we always forget that the E.U. need the U.K. more than they need us ? ...:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

O.K. after Brexit 1 :

Brexit House of cards Commons 

Chapter 1

season 1 : ...:thumbsup: 

season 2:.. etc. ! ...

Also this..the eu need very much on a daily basis...
...valuable info from the UK re potential terrorists.
The UK,USA,CANADA,AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND..the 5 eyes.
Things like that matter you know.
The eu are nearly a busted flush financially...Germany's not looking forward to being the atm for the eu.

Damn ,damn, damn …., oh why we always forget that the E.U. need the U.K. more than they need us ? ...:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:
O.K. after Brexit 1 :
Brexit House of cards Commons 
Chapter 1
season 1 : ...[emoji106] 
season 2:.. etc. ! ...

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

Little reminder to the eu..a very high %age of eu flights travelling west ie..to USA..Canada etc fly over UK air space
Just sayingemoji6.png

And Scotland. Seem to remember Lockerbie featuring in a flight to the US. Maybe it's just as well if flights are diverted away from the UK in future.

By listening to experts from official sides and your  Highest Gov.  lawyer Cox, it seems in which way that vote turns it solves little , as then when voted yes …,you are in the so called "vasal status" with I believe no voting rights but paying member, some like  and many not , and get transition and can jon E.U. elections .(estimate cost by May at 100 million GBP)

If voted no , you are by Default way out of E.U. by 13 April , and no transition and no guarantee for trade talks ….unless E.U. agrees to trade talks  ….

HENCE  the warning from Barnier ….

It was agreed among the member states that for there to be any talks after the UK has crashed out, the bloc’s 27 capitals will expect Downing Street to agree to signal by 18 April that it will pay the £39bn Brexit bill despite the failure of the Commons to ratify the withdrawal agreement."

So it is and stays a total messed up Brexit …. I only hope it stops there for us E.U. so at least we can say: Out is Out …  :whistling: as at least U.K. now  a third Country status … at least something cleared up ..

For whatever it means …. voted article 50 : NO

286 yes

344 no

majority 58

21:51

quotes.png?bypass-service-worker

EU reacts to May's defeat

"The Commission regrets the negative vote in the House of Commons today," a European Commissions spokesperson says.

"As per the European Council (Article 50) decision on 22 March, the period provided for in Article 50(3) is extended to 12 April. 

"It will be for the UK to indicate the way forward before that date, for consideration by the European Council. A 'no-deal' scenario on 12 April is now a likely scenario. 

"The EU has been preparing for this since December 2017 and is now fully prepared for a “no-deal” scenario at midnight on 12 April. 

"The EU will remain united. 

"The benefits of the Withdrawal Agreement, including a transition period, will in no circumstances be replicated in a 'no-deal' scenario. Sectoral mini-deals are not an option."

51 minutes ago, david555 said:

By listening to experts from official sides and your  Highest Gov.  lawyer Cox, it seems in which way that vote turns it solves little , as then when voted yes …,you are in the so called "vasal status" with I believe no voting rights but paying member, some like  and many not , and get transition and can jon E.U. elections .(estimate cost by May at 100 million GBP)

If voted no , you are by Default way out of E.U. by 13 April , and no transition and no guarantee for trade talks ….unless E.U. agrees to trade talks  ….

HENCE  the warning from Barnier ….

It was agreed among the member states that for there to be any talks after the UK has crashed out, the bloc’s 27 capitals will expect Downing Street to agree to signal by 18 April that it will pay the £39bn Brexit bill despite the failure of the Commons to ratify the withdrawal agreement."

So it is and stays a total messed up Brexit …. I only hope it stops there for us E.U. so at least we can say: Out is Out …  :whistling: as at least U.K. now  a third Country status … at least something cleared up ..

That's crazy.
That's when the UK government sits down with the EU's plenipotentiaries and negotiates for nearly three years.
The result is a contract that all 27 EU countries have agreed to.
Then the whole thing bursts.

The UK government is incapacitated.

The UK currently has the status of a banana republic.

And after Brexit, everything should get better?

How?

By whom?

When?

The governmentless state.

There are currently many Third World countries better organized.

Archived