May gets two-week Brexit reprieve from impatient EU

webfact

33 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

One of the primary reasons of the crash between the U.K. and the E.U., in my opinion. 

The U.K. still believing they are "special", can't accept they are not the paramount everywhere. 

Spot on,nothing special a nation of obese scrounging lazy retards thinking they are above other nations while living in a country with the one of the worst crime rates,transport systems,druggies,alcoholics,debt,standard of living,over priced property, they have nothing to shout about.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nontabury said:

This is no surprise to many. At least it’s woken me and millions of other Brits, to the realization we no longer live in a Democracy, if we do not leave the E.u. by next week.

C02B1D6B-3A85-432F-B3FB-77F8AA51D4B9.jpeg

I think I love Nontabury - he is as regular as a Thai Cuckoo and inspires me to action.???????? A fellow troll knows one when he sees one !

Image result for thai troll

47 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

One of the primary reasons of the crash between the U.K. and the E.U., in my opinion. 

The U.K. still believing they are "special", can't accept they are not the paramount everywhere. 

P.E.S. …!

27 minutes ago, bomber said:

Spot on,nothing special a nation of obese scrounging lazy retards thinking they are above other nations while living in a country with the one of the worst crime rates,transport systems,druggies,alcoholics,debt,standard of living,over priced property, they have nothing to shout about.

Try stop U.K. mothers giving breastfeeding baby's …. in this case a major reason for that ….:wink:

32 minutes ago, CGW said:

Those unelected highly paid EU "officials" would probably agree with you :wink:

The UK didn't directly elect May - she was appointed as leader of the party by her MPs. Neither do the UK directly elect its House of Lords but that has been part of the democratic process for centuries.

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

And so it goes on. . . the longest running low-comedy farce since Brian Rix gave the Whitehall Theatre the elbow.

Sadly, nobody will still be laughing when the curtain finally falls.

That depends on the final act.

1 hour ago, luckyluke said:

We are special....special needs.

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I guess you think 'EU leaders' and a 'full vote' are the same thing.

You're probably right and just Germany and France should be considered a 'full vote'.

But isn't anyone still pretending the EU is some sort of democracy with all countries getting to vote?

It was decided at a meeting of the leaders of all 27 member states.

16 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Plenty life experience to back up the fairy story???emoji23.png

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The girl was on the money. She's obviously got more "life experience" than you.

The only fact that she got wrong is that Cameron didn't call the referendum because he feared losing 10 or 15 seats to UKIP. He called the referendum because he feared that UKIP would split the Tory vote and he would lose 10 or 15 seats to Labour.

10 minutes ago, longtom said:

Is there really not one person in the UK parliament/governement who would put the country first?

I am really shocked to see this from a country with this history!

Sent from my SM-J250F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not one amongst the English MPs at any rate. Possibly the Jocks but I suspect that even they have their own agenda.

Just now, Spidey said:

Quite possibly, but for me, my money's on the revocation of Article 50 rides in and saves the day.

At my age, either way I shan't have to live with the consequences. Presumably you will. Be careful what you hope for.

1 hour ago, bomber said:

Yes and that's the good bits!!

1 minute ago, Krataiboy said:

At my age, either way I shan't have to live with the consequences. Presumably you will. Be careful what you hope for.

I'm probably in the same boat as you regarding longevity and I intend to live out my days in Thailand.

It's my 2 children who live and work in the UK (one in the NHS) who's futures I fear for. I pray, for them, that we remain in the EU.

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Not one amongst the English MPs at any rate. Possibly the Jocks but I suspect that even they have their own agenda.

I'm sure they have quite a few things on their undisclosed wish list. Not having Trident close to their biggest urban area and turning it into target would be one. As I have also said before, personal, and  party interests motivate the majority. Corbyn would sell his granny's fanny to achieve his ideological dreams, but that's another issue.  

3 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

We pray together.

Yes I also, which is pretty good for a devout atheist. My son and his girlfriend work in Amsterdam, she is Japanese, and would need to get a visa every time she came home to visit. Brexit is potentially a family mess-up all over Europe. How were we mad enough to get here?

Me..68 years young..doubt it very much..but then .. if you luv the eeeruuuu..and do not bother to read about it's ultimate aims..well
Clue..Jean Monnet!!

The girl was on the money. She's obviously got more "life experience" than you.

The only fact that she got wrong is that Cameron didn't call the referendum because he feared losing 10 or 15 seats to UKIP. He called the referendum because he feared that UKIP would split the Tory vote and he would lose 10 or 15 seats to Labour.

3 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Yes I also, which is pretty good for a devout atheist. My son and his girlfriend work in Amsterdam, she is Japanese, and would need to get a visa every time she came home to visit. Brexit is potentially a family mess-up all over Europe. How were we mad enough to get here?

that 16 year old said pretty much all that needed to be said. Thank God the dinosaurs won't prevail (though here in Thailand I fear they will. 

2 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Me..68 years young..doubt it very much..but then .. if you luv the eeeruuuu..and do not bother to read about it's ultimate aims..well
Clue..Jean Monnet!!

Oh dear you started cracking into the election stock up early. I hope you have supplies enough to get through to Monday! I could probably spare a large Leo if pushed. 

1 minute ago, malagateddy said:

Clue..Jean Monnet!!

Me 65 with 3 life threatening conditions. I don't love the EU, I voted against joining in the 70s. I just know what's best for Britain now.

As for the future, Britain would be in a far better position to influence the direction that the EU takes from within the EU than from outside it. Times are changing in the EU, I think that we will find more like minded countries in the EU than we have done in the past. Even Macron is on the same page as us.

Don't forget, even if we leave the EU, we are still inextricably bound together, I'd rather be an influencer than an observer.

Archived