May gets two-week Brexit reprieve from impatient EU

webfact

Macron on the same page as us..ur having a laugh..he wants more power given to brussrls from sovereign nations.
Also do not forget that he is a plant for rothchilds. He literally came from nowhere..or rather rothchilds merchant banking section right into frog politics.
Wakey wakey.
Remember Barros..niw ge's goldman sachs european head honcho.
Work it out please.

Me 65 with 3 life threatening conditions. I don't love the EU, I voted against joining in the 70s. I just know what's best for Britain now.

As for the future, Britain would be in a far better position to influence the direction that the EU takes from within the EU than from outside it. Times are changing in the EU, I think that we will find more like minded countries in the EU than we have done in the past. Even Macron is on the same page as us.

Don't forget, even if we leave the EU, we are still inextricably bound together, I'd rather be an influencer than an observer.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Macron on the same page as us..ur having a laugh..he wants more power given to brussrls from sovereign nations.
Also do not forget that he is a plant for rothchilds. He literally came from nowhere..or rather rothchilds merchant banking section right into frog politics.
Wakey wakey.
Work it out please.

Oh yes I forgot. Rothschilds, George Soros, Bilderberg, New World Order. Must have forgotten to put my tinfoil hat on today.

6 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Wakey wakey.
Work it out please.

He was elected,jesus christ is there anymore rubbish you could possibly come out with,we know the secret organisations exist with secret hand shakes etc but to say he was planted is dreaming,he has nothing to do with brexit or whether it happens or doesnt happen,soft or hard,next month or the month after,your a paranoid freak,merchant banks will be around long after you and brexit are history.

3 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Not really wanting to mention coudenhove kalergi plan..but still..as you've not got your tin hat onemoji6.png

Died in the early 70's. Pity that his people all went to Israel instead of flooding Europe and killing all us white folks. Another one for the tinfoil hat brigade.

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

3,008,594 signatures

So we have a petition started by someone who has not lived in the U.K for years. Signed by thousands of citizens of the E.U. And also by thousand who probably used multiple e-addresses.

4 minutes ago, nontabury said:

So we have a petition started by someone who has not lived in the U.K for years. Signed by thousands of citizens of the E.U. And also by thousand who probably used multiple e-addresses.

LoL. You know your fellow TV contributors too well!

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Quite possibly, but for me, my money's on the revocation of Article 50 rides in and saves the day.

Agree...

Revoking Article 50 does not mean the end of Brexit, but would allow the UK to rethink brexit without the EU dictating terms.

What I am sure of is:

• The Speaker will not obstruct another (the last and final) meaningful vote, he will work with the PM to ensure it does not fall foul of parliamentary rules, there are a number of ways this can be achieved.
  • If May does not get her deal though Monday/Tuesday she will almost certainly resign immediately and MP's will force though an amendment giving themselves control to debate and vote on alternative options.
  • Mp's will also have to vote for an amendment changing or cancelling "Brexit Day"

1 hour ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Yes I also, which is pretty good for a devout atheist. My son and his girlfriend work in Amsterdam, she is Japanese, and would need to get a visa every time she came home to visit. Brexit is potentially a family mess-up all over Europe. How were we mad enough to get here?

Throughout these threads, I’ve noticed many of the remoaners are against Brexit for purely selfish reasons. With you it would seem for selfish reasons, that would benifit your sons girlfriend.

I do hope that she can obtain the necessary visa to visit the U.K when we do finally exit this so called Union, following the same proceedure that many Thai girlfriends of British citizens must also take.

1 minute ago, nontabury said:

Throughout these threads, I’ve noticed many of the remoaners are against Brexit for purely selfish reasons. With you it would seem for selfish reasons, that would benifit your sons girlfriend.

I do hope that she can obtain the necessary visa to visit the U.K when we do finally exit this so called Union, following the same proceedure that many Thai girlfriends of British citizens must also take.

Please explain what you think my selfish reasons are...

Just now, Basil B said:

Please explain what you think my selfish reasons are...

Don't ask Brexiteers awkward questions it gives them a headache.

It's actually Brexiteers who have selfish motives. It's all to make them feel better about being jingoistic Brits. "Rule Britannia", "island nation", no place for Johnny Foreigner in my sceptred isle".

6 minutes ago, nontabury said:

thai girlfriends ????  surely thats selfish bringing a one to the UK for one man only to enjoy.

Just now, Spidey said:

It's actually Brexiteers who have selfish motives. It's all to make them feel better about being jingoistic Brits. "Rule Britannia", "island nation", no place for Johnny Foreigner in my sceptred isle".

you forgot to mention they need us more than we need them

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

I do know that...

1 minute ago, Benroon said:

Tragedy then that they've only recently twigged it only applies to Europe and the overwhelming majority of immigrants to the UK are from outside that area if you exclude Poland!

Doh !

Even if you include Poland, the majority are from outside the EU. Watch some one come along and try to put forward another urban myth, "But they all come from France in rubber dingys!"

2 minutes ago, Benroon said:

3,238,126 signatures

that is over 2 million in 24 hrs.

When I looked yesterday lunch time UK it was refreshing every 10 seconds jumping up 3 to 4 hundred at a time I estimated about 2,000 a minute, 9,oclock last night it had stopped refreshing every 10 seconds some times 15 minutes or half an hour but it was doing about 5,000 a minute.

3 minutes ago, Basil B said:

When I looked yesterday lunch time UK it was refreshing every 10 seconds jumping up 3 to 4 hundred at a time I estimated about 2,000 a minute, 9,oclock last night it had stopped refreshing every 10 seconds some times 15 minutes or half an hour but it was doing about 5,000 a minute.

I'm confident that by the time that voting closes it will exceed 17,410,742 votes.

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I'm confident that by the time that voting closes it will exceed 17,410,742 votes.

Not so confident as I doubt not everybody is as computer literate as you or me.

there are nearly 10 million sun readers who buy the Sun because they can not figure out how to read it online for free, but there again were they not the ones who voted for Brexit???

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I thought they previously stated they need for a full vote before they could offer an extension.

Now they don't need that vote ............. what a surprise.

I predict the EU will give the UK extensions forever rather than back them into a leave corner.

What do you mean "full vote"? I think it was understood that any extension needed the agreement of all 27 countries... through their leaders or representatives, and this is what happened.

As for your prediction, I think that the EU (and many EU citizens) are fully aware by now that the UK will never get their act together, and would much rather that they leave sooner than later.

2 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

As for your prediction, I think that the EU (and many EU citizens) are fully aware by now that the UK will never get their act together, and would much rather that they leave sooner than later.

Of course, Brexiteers will never get that, because they’re still living in their lala-land where they’re telling themselves how great they were back in the old days. 

Here is a good summary of how Europe feels: 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/20/pathetic-incoherent-chaotic-europes-verdict-on-brexit-shambles

Brexit has revealed a country they long looked up to locked in a narrative of its own exceptionalism, talking mainly to itself, incoherent, entitled, incapable of compromise (with itself or its neighbours), wholly unrealistic, and startlingly ignorant of the workings of an organisation it has belonged to for nearly 50 years.

5 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Even Brian Rix with his trousers dropped to his ankles wouldn't raise a smile now.  (Both showing our age here!)

So two deadlines thanks to the EU being realistic about where we actually are now.  They don't want a no-deal exit either so they are cutting us some more slack. 

Not a   lot ,  and not for long .

Why ,  delay the inevitable , let  the blade  drop on the UK, end our suffering .

Thanks, fantasy farage , and bonking boris . 

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

Correct .   Any  Thai  visa  preachers ,  resident in the UK ? .

I  feel a poll , coming on . 

10 hours ago, Basil B said:

would have been more entertaining if you had

remain leave-deal leave-nodeal side by side

10 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Of course, Brexiteers will never get that, because they’re still living in their lala-land where they’re telling themselves how great they were back in the old days. 

Here is a good summary of how Europe feels: 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/20/pathetic-incoherent-chaotic-europes-verdict-on-brexit-shambles

Brexit has revealed a country they long looked up to locked in a narrative of its own exceptionalism, talking mainly to itself, incoherent, entitled, incapable of compromise (with itself or its neighbours), wholly unrealistic, and startlingly ignorant of the workings of an organisation it has belonged to for nearly 50 years.

Precisely:

"Brexit has revealed a country they long looked up to locked in a narrative of its own exceptionalism, talking mainly to itself, incoherent, entitled, incapable of compromise (with itself or its neighbours), wholly unrealistic, and startlingly ignorant ....."

On the button.

Archived