Big Joke: Now Lt-Gen brings tears of joy to the bereaved as he smashes funeral scam

webfact

Big Joke: Now Lt-Gen brings tears of joy to the bereaved as he smashes funeral scam

news_HPNlBRwpme223810_533.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Top Cop Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn was pictured receiving the heartfelt thanks from villagers in Thailand's north-east after he helped to smash a fraudulent funeral cooperative. 

Thousand of complaints were received over the years from people in Buriram and Khon Kaen in particular after the cooperative took their money to pay for future funerals but gave them nothing when their loved ones died. 

news_LitjTzivYx223811_533.jpg

Nine people - all committee members aged between 36 and 73 - have been arrested on charges of fraud. 

The cooperative was operated out of Satuek district in Buriram but reached further afield. 

In the last twenty years 3,300 people have complained but there has been little or no progress. 

All that changed when Surachate, in his capacity as deputy of the fraud division of the national police and his team, swung into action. 

7pm.jpg

Daily News reported that people should have received up to 150,000 baht in funeral expenses after paying yearly installments but they got nothing. 

The cooperative is thought to have swindled 320 million baht of poor people's money. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-22

58 minutes ago, webfact said:

Top Cop Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn was pictured receiving the heartfelt thanks from villagers in Thailand's north-east after he helped to smash a fraudulent funeral cooperative. 

I'm surprised there was nothing about 'breathing a sigh of relief' in the article.

4 hours ago, Thailand said:

Moved on from immigration after creating widespread alarm and confusion or just moonlighting?

you gotta be kidding me!!   The guy does something wonderful for the poor and thats the best you could do? Shame on you for your negative attitude.

Is this legit in some areas?   As with a lot in Thailand and the USA I am dazed and confused, especially with Visas and a few other things like banking and ......so just waking up in Argentina and I post on Facebook and Twitter and where ever I can the trials and tribulations - GOOD AND BAD of falling in love with a beautiful young woman.  Will leave it there unless ANYONE who REALLY KNOWS as fake and real news is extremely difficult for this old guy to decipher, though I try and then we have the letter of the law the spirit of the law and what I call this poker game thing called life!!!????

9 hours ago, Thailand said:

Moved on from immigration after creating widespread alarm and confusion or just moonlighting?

I think there's no division left in the Thai police where he isn't at least the deputy commander. Meanwhile Thailand's nominal top cop keeps a very low profile compared with his predecessors, at that rate I'll have forgotten his name before he retires.

4 hours ago, stevew407 said:

Is this legit in some areas?   As with a lot in Thailand and the USA I am dazed and confused, especially with Visas and a few other things like banking and ......so just waking up in Argentina and I post on Facebook and Twitter and where ever I can the trials and tribulations - GOOD AND BAD of falling in love with a beautiful young woman.  Will leave it there unless ANYONE who REALLY KNOWS as fake and real news is extremely difficult for this old guy to decipher, though I try and then we have the letter of the law the spirit of the law and what I call this poker game thing called life!!!????

What are you on and can I have some?

8 minutes ago, Borzandy said:

Over the year they were waiting for BJ. Strange he is the only one working.

The only one working? I always think of him as faulty - he appears permanently stuck on self-promotion mode.

Rather like a moth being attracted to a light source, BJ is usually fluttering in front of those plastic signs, almost trying to get into them.

In the photo above he's showing enormous self-restraint, staying a couple of metres away from the signs.

Funeral homes are generally scam artists too. Funeral directors prey on the emotions of the bereaved and try to suck as much money outta them as possible. I remember seeing a $36 charge for a dozen doughnuts from Tim Horton's on my grandmother's funeral expenses bill. They went for $2.95 a dozen.

Archived