Air purifier noise level?

THAIPHUKET

What aircon and what purifier? What manufacturer? Positioned where? What's the quoted dBA level in the specifications? Direct feed or inverter? How could opinion be verified?

Just a few of the many variables.

Possibly you are referring to internal fan noise which may appear to be similar. Depends on the quality of the motor driving the fan and the quality of the overall construction.

25 minutes ago, THAIPHUKET said:

What size of room does it cover?

Difficult to give a straight answer as so many variables, what level of pollution are you starting off with?

Example:- Our main bedroom is ~70m², running unit on sleep mode (very quiet), keeps level <20 ppm, I am pleased with the unit and have ordered another as house is ~450m², one at each end should be more than sufficient to obtain acceptable levels of 2.5, presently been moving unit from one end of the house to the other!

10 minutes ago, CGW said:

Difficult to give a straight answer as so many variables, what level of pollution are you starting off with?

Example:- Our main bedroom is ~70m², running unit on sleep mode (very quiet), keeps level <20 ppm, I am pleased with the unit and have ordered another as house is ~450m², one at each end should be more than sufficient to obtain acceptable levels of 2.5, presently been moving unit from one end of the house to the other!

Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 2S for the bedrooms (each about 30sqm) and Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier Pro for the living room (about 60-70sqm)

I leave the units on in 'auto mode' all the time and they usually 'hover' around the 15 level (2.5). In the bedroom when I spray my deodorant the level shoots up to anywhere between 200 and 400 and the fans kick in full whack... the unit then becomes a little noisy for 3-5 mins or so... 

We have many different brands and sizes of air purifier. What I have found is that I cannot tolerate a machine on the highest setting as it is too noisy for me. The solution that works for me is to get a machine double or triple the capacity required for the volume of air in the room then keep the machine on the lowest fan setting.

This keeps the noise down to a level that I am comfortable with.

Archived