Wife borrows money now is detained at police station

sleepy

2 hours ago, exemplary21 said:

The trouble is that if they're married then it's his mess too.

2 hours ago, exemplary21 said:

The trouble is that if they're married then it's his mess too.

How can it be his mess? He knew nothing about it. He has a middle finger, he should use it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If she just borrows money nobody has the right to arrest her even if she does not pay it back.

Maybe there is more to that story which she didn't tell you.

As far as I know a bounced check over 50k is a reason for jail (but I don't think instant jail).

It's also possible that a police officer wants to play the tough guy who pressures you to pay. That would be illegal.

I guess first thing you should find out the official reason why she is in jail. If your Thai is not good enough bring an educated Thai person with you to the police station and ask the boss of the station (or someone high up).

Good luck!

f she just borrows money nobody has the right to arrest her even if she does not pay it back.

Maybe there is more to that story which she didn't tell you.

spot on

Your wife is borrowing money without discussing it with you ? Your wife, has been in jail allegedly for a number of days and you refer to a forum before ensuring her release? Seems there are a lot of issues here, trust being the main one it would seem.

Funny that no I. Am working in australia and have been in touch with a lawyer in Nong Khai
I put it out on this forum to ask if anyone has come across this before
No she has not been arrested just has to stay at the police station not in a cell
Seems strange to me more like a gambling dept or something she does not want to tell me
Anyway i am over it she has made her bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sorry, sounds like a story to scam you out of some money.
My former misses owed 500k, all she got was a judgement stopping her owning land/vehicles or a bank account for 5 years. No police, and after 5 years the loan was written off.

If we knew where she was, we could take a look, recommend a solicitor, etc.
With no details, you just sound like another troll.
New poster, no other posts .................

She is in Nong Khai
I am home in Oz working
Sleepy

*three nice brown tattooed girls singing*

to the tune of Help me Rhonda

Help me Hansum, help help me Hansum.

Help me Hansum NOW so go and get me some baht!

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

It won’t stink as much as his wife if the toilet story is true?

Sounds a bit fishy, like the OP is the target of a “shakedown”? 

Could be true but none of us have enough info to make that conclusion.

On the side of the biscuit, long-term I've heard of many many cases of cops operating way outside of their authority.

One question - is there any information how long the loan has been outstanding before the police, supposedly, locked the lady up?

Firstly it’s not criminal to borrow money and not return but civil , so police would not get involved 

secondly if your wife is in jail, how is she contacting you?

thirdly, all cells in police station have toilet, it is not 5 star toilet but a whole in the floor, but still a toilet.

bottom line is you are being played 

5 minutes ago, scorecard said:

On the side of the biscuit, long-term I've heard of many many cases of cops operating way outside of their authority.

One question - is there any information how long the loan has been outstanding before the police, supposedly, locked the lady up?

Police may operate outside their authority when they are outside police station . To lock someone up requires around 100 pages of paperwork and inspector to be involved as well as bail bondsman and arresting officer.

the amount of money would have to be astronomical and police would have been promised half of that astronomical amount to act outside their authority, which is highly unlikely 

7 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Sounds like you are not with/close to your wife and can not verify the story?

This would leave a lot to imagination, good or bad.

I agree. I would not send the money.

4 days so what the hell is going on
I have often thought she is ting tong

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

According to the original post the loan has been outstanding a few days?

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Sounds like you are not with/close to your wife and can not verify the story?

This would leave a lot to imagination, good or bad.

it looks the guy is outside the country...maybe the wife has gambling debts and tells this type of bogus story...and a few other people involved...but maybe not...

my fathers water buffolo you know had an accident now need to buyt a new one...i dont want to ask u for money only now please help us ( ur new thai family ).. a 150000 will do

i thought ur father died last year cause i payed 200000 bhat to make sure he can meet Buddha ??

ooohhh a jes jes quiet true I mean my brothers buffolo...

hey but u told ne only have two sisters they work as waitress in pataya ...

u dont know thai i mean uncle stupid u misunderstood...

ok ok ...

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

After reading your post a 2nd time it seems you are far away from wherever that is happening, correct?

Where did you get your information from?

Did your wife call you?

Did someone else called you who spoke with your wife?

Did you talk directly to the police or is this all over 3rd parties who might or might not tell you the truth?

maybe the police called ! this handsome young cop

1 hour ago, sleepy said:

4 days so what the hell is going on
I have often thought she is ting tong

If you are for real. Dont even consider sending her the money. You are being lied too and set up. Time to say goodbye. Did you only do a village "wedding" ? If so she is not really your wife anyway.

32 minutes ago, fouryesrs said:

my fathers water buffolo you know had an accident now need to buyt a new one...i dont want to ask u for money only now please help us ( ur new thai family ).. a 150000 will do

i thought ur father died last year cause i payed 200000 bhat to make sure he can meet Buddha ??

ooohhh a jes jes quiet true I mean my brothers buffolo...

hey but u told ne only have two sisters they work as waitress in pataya ...

u dont know thai i mean uncle stupid u misunderstood...

ok ok ...

Reminds of a a popular joke many years back 'my mother died, she's died 3 time already this year but I think this will be the last time, this year. 

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Reminds of a a popular joke many years back 'my mother died, she's died 3 time already this year but I think this will be the last time, this year. 

Do not laugh, I did date one some 12 years ago whose mother kept dying every few months and each time she needed 25000 for funeral.

If you are for real. Dont even consider sending her the money. You are being lied too and set up. Time to say goodbye. Did you only do a village "wedding" ? If so she is not really your wife anyway.

No not village wedding not married girlfriend. For five years and thats about as much as people need to know
Been married before never again
I would not mind giving her 20t
But would like the truth
Thanks for your reply

Normally, this is a civil matter now a criminal although here the police job due to their court system or lack try to resolve these type of matters.  As for going to jail not heard of one if so, in general, the jails would be overflowing? 

For her to be jailed as noted there is got to be more to the story? 

What concerns me is why is she borrowing? 

18 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Help help help dude Im in jail they arent feeding me

If no money when in jail you don’t get much to eat. Sister in law was locked up once a month the family took money. Paid to prison not the inmate

1 minute ago, DJ54 said:

If no money when in jail you don’t get much to eat. Sister in law was locked up once a month the family took money. Paid to prison not the inmate

She is not in prison but in police cells. Only food is what friends or relatives bring.

Archived