Tour bus loses wheel

Rimmer

Tour bus loses wheel

image.png

PATTAYA:--Two cars were damaged when a wheel flew off a tour bus carrying Chinese tourists in Najomtien.

A Chevrolet Trailblazer driven by Radsamee Kulalai, 45, and a Toyota Vigo plate driven by Jamnien Sangngam, 37, both suffered dents. No one was injured.

Bus driver Eakachai Seranon, 60, said he was bound for a Sattahip tourist attraction when he heard a strange noise from the back of the coach. He then heard the accident on Sukhumvit Road at the Ban Amphur intersection March 12.

Inspection showed the 8 lug nuts holding the wheel had sheared off.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-22-03--

The driver obviously didn't do his first parade service this morning, that means walking around your vehicle visually checking that all lights work, wheel nuts are tight and secure, tyre pressures correct, tread depth, oil levels, fluid levels etc etc...................Cretin.

Well it makes a change from dozy drivers,brake failure,you can

hear and feel when wheel nuts are loose,best stop,phone up

break down service or tyre shop,and get them tightened up,

the threads will have most likely been worn down if driven

too far lose,so are going to be need replacing.ASAP.

regards worgeordie

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

Inspection showed the 8 lug nuts holding the wheel had sheared off.

From the photo something is not adding up .. 4 of the studs look to have sheared off but wheel nuts appear to still be in position on 2 others .. 

HGV and Public Service Vehicles in the UK require a 'walk around check ', this is before your vehicle is driven. You have to record all these checks and also defects in a daily log, this is then signed by the driver. It is an offence not carry out this procedure.

Google.  There's no shortage of UK, US, European or other nutters, so easy to find plenty.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, roo860 said:

HGV and Public Service Vehicles in the UK require a 'walk around check ', this is before your vehicle is driven. You have to record all these checks and also defects in a daily log, this is then signed by the driver. It is an offence not carry out this procedure.

My Mrs was explaining to me only last night how a HGV truck driver in Thailand was investigated after an accident and he had a record of over 100 previous tickets, some accidents involving the deaths of people. A dangerous driver who cared not a whit and free to kill and maim further. A lot to be done here in Thailand.

21 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

The driver obviously didn't do his first parade service this morning, that means walking around your vehicle visually checking that all lights work, wheel nuts are tight and secure, tyre pressures correct, tread depth, oil levels, fluid levels etc etc...................Cretin.

who does that? 

22 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Now there's the makings of a song "You Picked a Fine Time to Leave Me, Loose Wheel"

I reckon Kenny Rogers could do something with this!

Come one very one! Raise your voices in song!

You Picked a Fine Time to Leave Me, Loose Wheel

Bus full of tourists who aint had a meal.

Ive had my brakes fail

Got popped and made bail

But this time the damage is real!

You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

who does that? 

With the greatest respect sir I used to all the time as an ex HGV & PSV driver, these days as I only do a couple hundred kms a month the Tuner gets the once over once a month. It really is a drivers responsibility to ensure his vehicle is roadworthy before embarking on a journey, especially if one has live cargo ie: passengers ????

5 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

With the greatest respect sir I used to all the time as an ex HGV & PSV driver, these days as I only do a couple hundred kms a month the Tuner gets the once over once a month. It really is a drivers responsibility to ensure his vehicle is roadworthy before embarking on a journey, especially if one has live cargo ie: passengers ????

No Sir, you misunderstand me, who in THAILAND does that? They can't drive the things properly, I doubt very much that they know the first thing about them mechanically. 

23 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

A nutter "fixed" the nuts.

Why don't I hear such stories from home country?

OK.

1993, Hull city center, Uk

Got in a cab with 3 other mates on the piss out side the tower night club,

heading out of town,  going round a corner and the rear wheel come off the cab.

the cab ground to a halt, with us lot,  in stitches of what just went on.

No one hurt,  we found the wheel , but not the nuts, so game over, driver got a back up cab for us all. a very funny drunken night, with a lost cab rear wheel.

so, there you go a story from home country. 

But like,  all stuff like this, it happens to much over here. :jap:

1 minute ago, stanleycoin said:

OK.

1993, Hull city center, Uk

Got in a cab with 3 other mates on the piss out side the tower night club,

heading out of town,  going round a corner and the rear wheel come off the cab.

the cab ground to a halt, with us lot,  in stitches of what just went on.

No one hurt,  we found the wheel , but not the nuts, so game over, driver got a back up cab for us all. a very funny drunken night, with a lost cab rear wheel.

so, there you go a story from home country. 

But like,  all stuff like this, it happens to much over here. :jap:

Surely can't be true? No one would believe you had a night on the piss in Hull!

(sorry! cheap joke)

On 3/22/2019 at 6:29 AM, Just Weird said:

Because you are blinkered?  You need to try googling it, there's plenty of evidence that it happens worldwide, it is not peculiar to Thailand!

I think you are the one who is blinkered. You seem to be unable to find fault with Thailand. 

If this had happened in the UK, for instance, action would be taken

Come one very one! Raise your voices in song!

You Picked a Fine Time to Leave Me, Loose Wheel
Bus full of tourists who aint had a meal.
Ive had my brakes fail
Got popped and made bail
But this time the damage is real!
You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived