Flight to the UK.

NoshowJones

32 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Well I hope you have more luck than the BA flight from London City Airport which landed in Edinburgh instead of Dusselldorf !!

Must have followed the Thames river and turned left instead of right at the estuary 

Ok, thanks for the information, normally I use a travel agent in Bankok, but this time I am trying online, I will try the airline direct.

I looked at cheaptickets,co they prices are in Thai baht , and cheap but as has been said all the exstras adds a fair bit on. thanks .

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/22/2019 at 1:50 PM, possum1931 said:

I tried that, I tried to get to BAs office in Bangkok and none of the motorbike taxis knew where it was.

I then went to KLMs office and they did not have a personal service, they gave me a phone which had a bad line so I just gave up, and as for the only other one that goes to Glasgow, Emirates, I would not touch them after all the hassle changing at Dubai, like being body searched even though you are not leaving the airport.

Just done Bkk to LHR, then LGW- DXB- BKK with three days stop over....Bht 24000 direct with Emirates. No body search, no hassle at DXB, and through the over 70s gate at Swampy Imiigration in 5 minutes.

Maybe they didn't like your face or summat.

7 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Just done Bkk to LHR, then LGW- DXB- BKK with three days stop over....Bht 24000 direct with Emirates. No body search, no hassle at DXB, and through the over 70s gate at Swampy Imiigration in 5 minutes.

Maybe they didn't like your face or summat.

A handsome guy like me.

15 hours ago, Benroon said:

Its all baloney - when newspapers are bored they will tell you its best to book 7 weeks, 11 weeks, 3 weeks, 32 weeks early etc !!

It is entirely down to bums on seats already sold - once that mass booking of 300 muslims off to mecca has been booked whether its 40 weeks early or a week early, any seat left is going to be expensive. I just book when I'm ready.

Completely true. Of all my 169 return tickets London Bangkok over 95% will have been booked with less than 30 days to go and of that a huge percentage with 15 days

My highest ever fare paid unbelievably was in the summer of 1995 at £540 on Thai in the summer period. As you say its absolute baloney to read these travel articles by Calder and all the rest. Avoid what is in reality these days the very few dates which are expensive and fares are cheaper than 25-30 years ago

I am having problems again. I have booked directly with KLM. last Mon (25th March) I paid directly through my bank and have the receipt to prove it.

On the booking form, I am told that they will issue the e-ticket within five days of receiving my payment, this is now Sat 30th March. I have emailed KLM asking what the delay is with my e-ticket, and they replied asking me for proof of payment. That tells me they have not received it yet. I wonder if this is down to Bangkok banks incompetence again.

Is it possible that it is normal for the bank not to send the payment immediately? 

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

On the booking form, I am told that they will issue the e-ticket within five days of receiving my payment, this is now Sat 30th March. I have emailed KLM ask what the delay is with my e-ticket, and they replied asking me for proof of payment. That tells me they have not received it yet. I wonder if this is down to Bangkok banks incompetence again.

That's an assumption. Just because KLM can't locate your payment among the thousands they receive every day and want you to help them find it by sending your paperwork isn't all that rare in my experience

As inconvenient as it may be, you need to ask Bangkok Bank for proof of payment and forward that to KLM.

In my experience those payments generally take 3 business days, so if you instructed Monday it should have been there Thursday. Therefore  if KLM then take up to a further 5 days after receipt  you should get the e-ticket sometime next week.

22 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

As inconvenient as it may be, you need to ask Bangkok Bank for proof of payment and forward that to KLM.

In my experience those payments generally take 3 business days, so if you instructed Monday it should have been there Thursday. Therefore  if KLM then take up to a further 5 days after receipt  you should get the e-ticket sometime next week.

Paid Emirates for Bkk - LHR last month with Bkk Bank Debit Card. Money was out of my bank within 30 seconds, and the e-ticket emailed in one minute.

3 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Paid Emirates for Bkk - LHR last month with Bkk Bank Debit Card. Money was out of my bank within 30 seconds, and the e-ticket emailed in one minute.

Of course, peoples experiences may vary.

19 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Never ever had to wait for ticket once money transferred ( i always use BKK bank internet banking money transferred immediately)

Ticket process is automated so ticket and itinerary is then issued and sent by return e mail

certain something wrong with a 5 day delay !!!!

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I have booked directly with KLM. last Mon (25th March) I paid directly through my bank and have the receipt to prove it.

Was this by bank transfer from Bangkok Bank and to where (account in Thailand?).

Bank transfers within Thailand are done in an instant without an extra fee. I do that multiple times a month.

Why not setup your bank ATM card to be used as a debit card and pay online like with a credit card?

Will give instant confirmation.

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Was this by bank transfer from Bangkok Bank and to where (account in Thailand?).

Bank transfers within Thailand are done in an instant without an extra fee.

Yes it was done from Bangkok Bank to KLM and the charge was, I think 70 Bt

Not sure if it was in Thailand or not KLM now want me to send the recept to

[email protected]. I am ashamed to say I don't know how to do that, I am sending emails back and forward to them at the moment.

I found this on the KLM website.

Did you see this payment reference number?

Bank transfer

In most cases, you can pay by bank transfer if the amount of time between booking and departure is at least 14 days. If you opt to pay by bank transfer, you will be asked to enter a number of details. Naturally, all information will be treated confidentially. Once the reservation is complete, you will receive a payment reference code. The reference code contains 12 numbers and is used to locate the right booking for the payment transferred. It is therefore extremely important that you enter this code correctly when making the transfer.

Once you have received the payment reference code, you can transfer the money from your own bank account. This can be done using online banking, a transfer form or a cash transaction at your bank. Make sure that the payment is made within 48 hours of making your booking.

https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/plan_and_book/booking/payment/index.htm#p1

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I have proof of payment Charlie, I have been in touch with KLM. They want a photograph of the receipt

and I do not know how to send it.

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

I was told I would have the e-ticket within 5 days of them receiving my payment. This is now the sixth day, and it seems they have lost my payment or never received it in the first place.

I think we all know how unreliable Thai banks are.

1 hour ago, poohy said:

Never ever had to wait for ticket once money transferred ( i always use BKK bank internet banking money transferred immediately)

Ticket process is automated so ticket and itinerary is then issued and sent by return e mail

certain something wrong with a 5 day delay !!!!

It says on the booking form I would get my eticket within five days of them receiving my payment. So the fault obviously lies with either KLM or the Bangkok Bank.

37 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

What format is the receipt in? Paper? You take a photo of it on your mobile phone and send the photo via email

It is just a paper receipt that I was given by the bank. I have never done anything like that before having no interest in photography, but I will give it a go.

30 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I found this on the KLM website.

Did you see this payment reference number?

https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/plan_and_book/booking/payment/index.htm#p1

Thanks, but the booking was made last Monday and I got word from KLM that my booking is confirmed and ticket will be sent to me five days after they receive my payment.

Sounds like its now sorted But

Please dont take this personally

A good travel agent might make a little bit of commission but would it not have been worth it ........give her the cash she books prints the tickets out for you job done no angst!

Lastly i have been in the travel game 20 years i still have my favorite agent in BKK booking my tickets she finds good deals i send her cash ticket comes back immediately by email

Ps i am flying to Birmingham early next month she is searching for airline deals for my return BHX BKK BHX flight

Flights originating in UK are always cheaper than flights from in Thailand

Sounds like its now sorted But

Please dont take this personally
A good travel agent might make a little bit of commission but would it not have been worth it ........give her the cash she books prints the tickets out for you job done no angst!
Lastly i have been in the travel game 20 years i still have my favorite agent in BKK booking my tickets she finds good deals i send her cash ticket comes back immediately by email

Ps i am flying to Birmingham early next month she is searching for airline deals for my return BHX BKK BHX flight
Flights originating in UK are always cheaper than flights from in Thailand

Easy to do yourself and print 1 baht, how difficult is that. I haven't used a travel agent in 10+ years

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Easy to do yourself and print 1 baht, how difficult is that. I haven't used a travel agent in 10+ years

Fair enough but personally i cant be bothered

A simple phone for saying range of dates i want preferred routes/airline costs to beat then see what comes back.

Plus she has booked my business flight for donkeys years so we both know what is wanted

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I was told I would have the e-ticket within 5 days of them receiving my payment. This is now the sixth day, and it seems they have lost my payment or never received it in the first place.

I think we all know how unreliable Thai banks are.

You think wrongly, as I do not know.

How about showing a copy of your bank statement which shows the exact amount of the flght debited.

4 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

You think wrongly, as I do not know.

How about showing a copy of your bank statement which shows the exact amount of the flght debited.

What's confusing about that Possum?

Post commenting on Moderation has been removed.

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting an emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I was using the same travel agent for years with a great price and great service until last year when I was told to take the flight the following day with no explanation and I lost a day of my holiday.

They admitted being at fault, I asked for compensation, they gave me 5000 Bt plus paid for my hotel at Swampy.

I will never book online again.

8 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Look at your first sentence.

Sorry Possum, I thought you were confused over my suggestion to show your bank statement.

You said 'as we all know', and I was merely stating that I did not know.

25 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I was using the same travel agent for years with a great price and great service until last year when I was told to take the flight the following day with no explanation and I lost a day of my holiday.

They admitted being at fault, I asked for compensation, they gave me 5000 Bt plus paid for my hotel at Swampy.

I will never book online again.

Should you not be boycotting that particular travel agent who told you to take another flight.

You then say you will never book online again??? How does the travel agent book flights?

Archived