BANGKOK 21 May 2019 08:35
possum1931

Flight to the UK.

Kayak show BKK<>Glasgow on KLM at £604 in September from Crystal Travel. That's a UK payment in GBP so no transfer or exchange charges (if paying in GBP).

• Like 1

Well I hope you have more luck than the BA flight from London City Airport which landed in Edinburgh instead of Dusselldorf !!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Well I hope you have more luck than the BA flight from London City Airport which landed in Edinburgh instead of Dusselldorf !!

Must have followed the Thames river and turned left instead of right at the estuary 

Ok, thanks for the information, normally I use a travel agent in Bankok, but this time I am trying online, I will try the airline direct.

I looked at cheaptickets,co they prices are in Thai baht , and cheap but as has been said all the exstras adds a fair bit on. thanks .

Did the OP manage to sort it all out with your KLM ticket yesterday ?

On 3/22/2019 at 1:50 PM, possum1931 said:

I tried that, I tried to get to BAs office in Bangkok and none of the motorbike taxis knew where it was.

I then went to KLMs office and they did not have a personal service, they gave me a phone which had a bad line so I just gave up, and as for the only other one that goes to Glasgow, Emirates, I would not touch them after all the hassle changing at Dubai, like being body searched even though you are not leaving the airport.

Just done Bkk to LHR, then LGW- DXB- BKK with three days stop over....Bht 24000 direct with Emirates. No body search, no hassle at DXB, and through the over 70s gate at Swampy Imiigration in 5 minutes.

Maybe they didn't like your face or summat.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Just done Bkk to LHR, then LGW- DXB- BKK with three days stop over....Bht 24000 direct with Emirates. No body search, no hassle at DXB, and through the over 70s gate at Swampy Imiigration in 5 minutes.

Maybe they didn't like your face or summat.

A handsome guy like me.

• Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:58 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Some of these sites can be confusing Poss.
Another one used by posters on here is Matrix.isasoftware which you can use to search for flights available with prices, but this is only a comparison site and you have to visit the airlines website to book the flights and usually find a different price !!

You should make a short list of the companies you want to fly ( klm, British, Lufthansa etc )with and visit each one checking for availability and price etc , bearing in mind that these prices will change over time.

Someone posted on here that booking flights 7 weeks in advance was the cheapest way to do it , I’m not sure but the general consensus was he was talking out of his hat emoji51.png

Its all baloney - when newspapers are bored they will tell you its best to book 7 weeks, 11 weeks, 3 weeks, 32 weeks early etc !!

It is entirely down to bums on seats already sold - once that mass booking of 300 muslims off to mecca has been booked whether its 40 weeks early or a week early, any seat left is going to be expensive. I just book when I'm ready.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Benroon said:

Its all baloney - when newspapers are bored they will tell you its best to book 7 weeks, 11 weeks, 3 weeks, 32 weeks early etc !!

It is entirely down to bums on seats already sold - once that mass booking of 300 muslims off to mecca has been booked whether its 40 weeks early or a week early, any seat left is going to be expensive. I just book when I'm ready.

Completely true. Of all my 169 return tickets London Bangkok over 95% will have been booked with less than 30 days to go and of that a huge percentage with 15 days

My highest ever fare paid unbelievably was in the summer of 1995 at £540 on Thai in the summer period. As you say its absolute baloney to read these travel articles by Calder and all the rest. Avoid what is in reality these days the very few dates which are expensive and fares are cheaper than 25-30 years ago

Posted (edited)

I am having problems again. I have booked directly with KLM. last Mon (25th March) I paid directly through my bank and have the receipt to prove it.

On the booking form, I am told that they will issue the e-ticket within five days of receiving my payment, this is now Sat 30th March. I have emailed KLM asking what the delay is with my e-ticket, and they replied asking me for proof of payment. That tells me they have not received it yet. I wonder if this is down to Bangkok banks incompetence again.

Is it possible that it is normal for the bank not to send the payment immediately? 

Edited by possum1931

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

On the booking form, I am told that they will issue the e-ticket within five days of receiving my payment, this is now Sat 30th March. I have emailed KLM ask what the delay is with my e-ticket, and they replied asking me for proof of payment. That tells me they have not received it yet. I wonder if this is down to Bangkok banks incompetence again.

That's an assumption. Just because KLM can't locate your payment among the thousands they receive every day and want you to help them find it by sending your paperwork isn't all that rare in my experience

• Like 1

As inconvenient as it may be, you need to ask Bangkok Bank for proof of payment and forward that to KLM.

In my experience those payments generally take 3 business days, so if you instructed Monday it should have been there Thursday. Therefore  if KLM then take up to a further 5 days after receipt  you should get the e-ticket sometime next week.

22 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

As inconvenient as it may be, you need to ask Bangkok Bank for proof of payment and forward that to KLM.

In my experience those payments generally take 3 business days, so if you instructed Monday it should have been there Thursday. Therefore  if KLM then take up to a further 5 days after receipt  you should get the e-ticket sometime next week.

Paid Emirates for Bkk - LHR last month with Bkk Bank Debit Card. Money was out of my bank within 30 seconds, and the e-ticket emailed in one minute.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Paid Emirates for Bkk - LHR last month with Bkk Bank Debit Card. Money was out of my bank within 30 seconds, and the e-ticket emailed in one minute.

Of course, peoples experiences may vary.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Of course, peoples experiences may vary.

Never ever had to wait for ticket once money transferred ( i always use BKK bank internet banking money transferred immediately)

Ticket process is automated so ticket and itinerary is then issued and sent by return e mail

certain something wrong with a 5 day delay !!!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I have booked directly with KLM. last Mon (25th March) I paid directly through my bank and have the receipt to prove it.

Was this by bank transfer from Bangkok Bank and to where (account in Thailand?).

Bank transfers within Thailand are done in an instant without an extra fee. I do that multiple times a month.

Why not setup your bank ATM card to be used as a debit card and pay online like with a credit card?

Will give instant confirmation.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1