Flight to the UK.

NoshowJones

7 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Should you not be boycotting that particular travel agent who told you to take another flight.

You then say you will never book online again??? How does the travel agent book flights?

I am boycotting it, there are other travel agents I can use, one in particular that I have just been told about, but as I said, I will never book online again, I will not know until tomorrow when I am getting my eticket as the people I faxed my receipt to are only open Mon-Fri.

PM me if you want to know any more about travel agents or booking online.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I am boycotting it, there are other travel agents I can use, one in particular that I have just been told about, but as I said, I will never book online again, I will not know until tomorrow when I am getting my eticket as the people I faxed my receipt to are only open Mon-Fri.

Have done that. By the way..........what's a fax?   LOL

On 3/31/2019 at 2:26 AM, possum1931 said:

I think you are confusing booking online via an online travel agent and booking online directly with the airline.

The way that you are going about it now is the way we bought tickets in the 90s.

Not only long winded, but definitely more stressful. Buying via the airline means ticketing conditions shown clearly upfront and instant e-ticket issue.

No nonsense about being put on a waitlist by a Thai travel agent and them forgetting to confirm it...not guessing games as to the ticketing conditions.

If you buy online via a UK travel agent, you get the ticket issued within the hour.

So what exactly is your issue with buying online? You should have a fee free CC ready for this kind of purchase.

1 hour ago, JamJar said:

I think you are confusing booking online via an online travel agent and booking online directly with the airline.

The way that you are going about it now is the way we bought tickets in the 90s.

Not only long winded, but definitely more stressful. Buying via the airline means ticketing conditions shown clearly upfront and instant e-ticket issue.

No nonsense about being put on a waitlist by a Thai travel agent and them forgetting to confirm it...not guessing games as to the ticketing conditions.

If you buy online via a UK travel agent, you get the ticket issued within the hour.

So what exactly is your issue with buying online? You should have a fee free CC ready for this kind of purchase.

It just took me a full week and lots of emails, to get my intinary online direct from KLM.

On 3/23/2019 at 8:17 AM, possum1931 said:

Skyscanner are a sneaky lot, and I want nothing to do with them. Why advertise prices from ie 25.000 Bt when there is not such a fare? 

Let me explain, I was very happy at the price, especially as it included the taxes etc, then I got to the so called final price preparing to pay, and what I saw was the price +3000 Bt. The money itself is not such a big deal, but I hate these sneaky tricks.

I would rather go back to Bangkok and use a travel agency than deal with companies like Skyscanner.

never ha a problem with skyscanner, just choose wisely who you finally book with , travel trolley are good, but not always as cheap as some airlines direct.

use skyscanner to view what prices are available and then see if the same fares are available on the airline own site, i have just booked with Thai air to fly back to the UK, and they were the cheapest, booking direct with them, can pay with Thai debit card.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

It just took me a full week and lots of emails, to get my intinary online direct from KLM.

That would have taken less than half an hour booked online, direct with the airline. A week is too much of your time.

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

never ha a problem with skyscanner, just choose wisely who you finally book with , travel trolley are good, but not always as cheap as some airlines direct.

use skyscanner to view what prices are available and then see if the same fares are available on the airline own site, i have just booked with Thai air to fly back to the UK, and they were the cheapest, booking direct with them, can pay with Thai debit card.

I am never booking online again it took KLM one full week and a lot of emails before they could even find my payment  after I paid them by bank transfer to issue my ticket.

Next time I will go personally to a travel agent on the recommendation of a kind poster.

Just now, possum1931 said:

I am never booking online again it took KLM one full week and a lot of emails before they could even find my payment  after I paid them by bank transfer to issue my ticket.

Next time I will go personally to a travel agent on the recommendation of a kind poster.

And on that note, as the OP has his ticket now, this can close.

CLOSED

Archived