Pattaya: Cambodian massage staff arrested to "calm election trouble", top cop

Jonathan Fairfield

Pattaya: Cambodian massage staff arrested to "calm election trouble", top cop

mgr1.JPEG

Image: Mgr Online

The chief of the tourist police in Pattaya said that the arrest of 26 Cambodian men and women working at a massage parlor was part of measures to calm possible election day trouble. 

The 26 - 18 women and 8 men all from Cambodia - were arrested at The Regent Massage on Petchtrakun Road after a tip off that non-Thais were taking Thai jobs. 

Traditional Thai massage is reserved for Thai masseurs and masseuses. 

Lt-Col Piyapong Ensarn, chief of the Pattaya tourist police division, said he had worked with immigration on the bust. 

He said it was part of measures to ensure peace and calm at the election and to ensure that the election runs smoothly on Sunday. 

Thaivisa notes that Manager reported the details without a hint of irony. 

Source: Manager Online

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-22

6 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

He said it was part of measures to ensure peace and calm at the election and to ensure that the election runs smoothly on Sunday. 

Thaivisa notes that Manager reported the details without a hint of irony

Perhaps to ensure 'the election runs smoothly', they should have used an irony board.

22 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

the arrest of 26 Cambodian men and women working at a massage parlor was part of measures to calm possible election day trouble

i feel safer all ready.

by the way does anyone have a link to today's bus accident?  

2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Traditional Thai massage is reserved for Thai masseurs and masseuses

Where do the ones in between fit in to that .. 

Traditional .! What's trad' about someone rubbing a bit of Tigerbalm and oil into you're trotter's whilst gurning at you and asking " where you flom mitter " .. These people will disappear up their own a*seholes one day soon .. 

4 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

He said it was part of measures to ensure peace and calm at the election and to ensure that the election runs smoothly on Sunday

Do you feel a this Cambodian will go out on street demonstration against Thai elections come on man.... 

if Thai people want work you did not have any foreigners workers 

But Thais are lazy people only want easy money 

7 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The 26 - 18 women and 8 men all from Cambodia - were arrested at The Regent Massage on Petchtrakun Road after a tip off that non-Thais were taking Thai jobs. 

So the owner of the establishment will be appearing in court then ?

11 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

EDIT: my mistake, i thought they were talking about erection trouble. Though it does look like the average voter will be stiffed by the election rules

A few years back I was riding down 2nd Road in a car with two Thai girls. I asked why all the bars were closed. One said, "Because National Erection Day". She was quite embarrassed when the other girl explained why I was laughing.

I had no idea Cambodian massage workers had a reputation for disrupting national elections (in neighbouring countries). 

I would LOVE to hear the logic behind the idea that this will make the elections run smoothly on Sunday. I know I'm not an idiot, and absolutely nothing comes to mind that makes sense as to how these 26 illegal aliens of the thousands that certainly still exist in Thailand will make any difference to the voting process. 

On 3/22/2019 at 2:51 PM, Kim J said:

It's probably becoming a similar situation like we regularly see when taxi drivers experience a bit of competition. Maybe they don't like the fact that generally speaking you will find that Cambodian's working in such jobs will be far more conscientious, polite and efficient than themselves.

If Thai's were so good at everything, why this constant fear of foreign workers?

Bit like Brexit in the UK ....

On 3/22/2019 at 11:51 AM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Lt-Col Piyapong Ensarn, chief of the Pattaya tourist police division, said he had worked with immigration on the bust. 

Meanwhile the busty Cambodian in the shop next door was working on me to ward off my own election trouble. 

Archived