Former Yala police chief takes over at Pattaya’s top cop

Rimmer

Former Yala police chief takes over at Pattaya’s top cop

image.png

PATTAYA:--Traffic and crime-suppression police greeted their new boss with flowers at Pattaya Police Station.

Pol. Col. Prawit Chorsang took over March 18 from Pol. Col. Apichai Kroppech, who was named deputy commander of the Nonthaburi Provincial Police.

Prawit was the police chief in strife-torn Yala Province and is one of 1,450 top Royal Thai Police officers reshuffled into new positions this month.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-22-03--

Any improvement is appreciated. I will wait and see if he:

1. Gets rid of all the scooter rentals and merchants that have commandered public streets and pathways.

2. Starts ticketing, towing and arresting bus, taxis and songtaew drivers that double park, block the street, ignore traffic laws, ignore meter use, etc.

3. Implements trained, mobile traffic officers that will stop and ticket reckless drivers.

I won't hold my breath.

Unfortunately he will do none of what you guys have requested, the reason ? Every time he hears a backfire from a vehicle he will be hitting the dirt as I and many of my fellow squaddies did after a few months in NI, the same with the South, hear a bang head for cover.

25 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

And will he fight the criminals in Pattaya or will Pattaya just continue as it is???! 

we all should be thankful crime is not as bad as it was a few years ago in pattaya, before it was daily shootings, daily stabbings, many daily robberies against both locals and tourists, armed robberies, daily attacks gainst both locals and tourists, random shootings in na kluea, now in pattaya it is hardly any shootings or murders, armed robberies is no longer a problem. but after the elections i think pattaya will become like that again.

3 hours ago, ta158 said:

we all should be thankful crime is not as bad as it was a few years ago in pattaya, before it was daily shootings, daily stabbings, many daily robberies against both locals and tourists, armed robberies, daily attacks gainst both locals and tourists, random shootings in na kluea, now in pattaya it is hardly any shootings or murders, armed robberies is no longer a problem. but after the elections i think pattaya will become like that again.

So junta has do a good job since the took the power 

22 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

...Every time he hears a backfire from a vehicle he will be hitting the dirt as I and many of my fellow squaddies did after a few months in NI...

Does NI stand for Norfolk Island (Australia) or Nigeria?

My deceased father-in-law was the Yala Chief of Police many moons ago and was as straight as a dye. The south doesn't get corrupt officers as a) there is not a lot of money to be made and b) it is dangerous. Southern Thais are as hard as nails as well. In the absence of any other info expect a shake-up and maybe a cleaner pair of hands. 

23 hours ago, Benmart said:

Any improvement is appreciated. I will wait and see if he:

1. Gets rid of all the scooter rentals and merchants that have commandered public streets and pathways.

2. Starts ticketing, towing and arresting bus, taxis and songtaew drivers that double park, block the street, ignore traffic laws, ignore meter use, etc.

3. Implements trained, mobile traffic officers that will stop and ticket reckless drivers.

I won't hold my breath.

It sounds like you would be more happy in Singapore....We like Pattaya just the way it is.....

1 hour ago, Puccini said:

Does NI stand for Norfolk Island (Australia) or Nigeria?

I don't know how old you are or your country of origin, but with your level of ignorance of world affairs I would guess some backwater in Australia, definitely not a septic as they used to collect for the IRA (Irish Republican Army) So NI equates to Northern Ireland, a quiet backwater where far too many British troops (including friends of mine) died terribly violent deaths, to add to the death toll would include the RUC (Royal Ulster Constabulary) The UDR (Ulster Defence Regiment) and the 100's of innocent civilians killed in the conflict, so before you think about posting banal shit, think about what you are saying. Forum rules prevent me from saying what I think of C***s like you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2019 at 12:08 PM, Golden Triangle said:

I don't know how old you are or your country of origin, but with your level of ignorance of world affairs I would guess some backwater in Australia...

Guilty as charged, except that I am Italian and I do not have the slightest interest in geopolitics, sectarian strife, etc.

Archived