Best Mexican in town ?

jeancherry

In my experience, the answers are going to lean towards UK and Auzzie folk giving you their version of what they think good Mexican food is. No harm or foul in that.

The real answer for me is, and I grew up close to Mexico, there is no good Mexican food in Bangkok unfortunately. 

Here I am editing my answer, because I think it needs it. There is a difference between Mexican food that tastes good, and good (authentic) Mexican food. I think you can find the former but not the latter. 

8 minutes ago, direction BANGKOK said:

In my experience, the answers are going to lean towards UK and Auzzie folk giving you their version of what they think good Mexican food is. No harm or foul in that.

The real answer for me is, and I grew up close to Mexico, there is no good Mexican food in Bangkok unfortunately. 

Here I am editing my answer, because I think it needs it. There is a difference between Mexican food that tastes good, and good (authentic) Mexican food. I think you can find the former but not the latter. 

The question refers to Pattaya not Bangkok

1 hour ago, LennyW said:

The question refers to Pattaya not Bangkok

In that case...

In my experience, the answers are going to lean towards UK and Auzzie folk giving you their version of what they think good Mexican food is. No harm or foul in that.

The real answer for me is, and I grew up close to Mexico, there is no good Mexican food in Pattaya unfortunately. 

Here I am editing my answer, because I think it needs it. There is a difference between Mexican food that tastes good, and good (authentic) Mexican food. I think you can find the former but not the latter. ????

When people talk about good Mexican, they usually are talking about American style Mexican or Texmex.   Burritos, fajitas, hard shell tacos are all tasty American inventions.

In fact, food in Mexico is very different than this.  There are a few high end restos in CDMX, just like you would find in any major city.  The street food scene consists mainly of softshell tacos al pastor with either green or red sauce (not so spicy) with tamales for breakfast (green, red or oaxaqueño-basically wrapped in banana leaf instead of corn husk).   Some of the more exotic offerings like ant eggs are almost never sold in overseas Mexican places. Margaritas are usually only consumed by tourists in beachside tourist zones.  Most Mexicans will drink a high quality tequila or Mezcal shot followed by a chaser (eg sangrita).  Teaching moment over.

On 3/22/2019 at 12:24 PM, direction BANGKOK said:

here is no good Mexican food in Bangkok unfortunately. 

Margarita Storm. Its actually on par with some Mexican food I have had in the USA. 

So there is good Mexcian food in Bangkok. Have you eaten there then?

37 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Margarita Storm. Its actually on par with some Mexican food I have had in the USA. 

So there is good Mexcian food in Bangkok. Have you eaten there then?

Yes. I have had Mexican food in Thailand. I have had Thai food in America. I have had Italian food in Thailand. The list could go on...

I can agree that you can get Mexican food that will "taste good" in Thailand. But, you are not going to get good Mexican food in Thailand, neither will you get any good Italian food. That list could go on as well. 

That is just how it works, unfortunately I suppose.

The very fact you're assuming Mexican is actually good in USA says it all. It is much better than Thailand, but still not anywhere near what is in Mexico. Not even close!

Eat birria at a place like "Birrieria La Guadalajara" in Ensenada. Then eat birria in any other country  in the world you would like, and let me know how that all goes. But until then...

Best Mexican in town ?

I would like to nominate my good friend Jose, he is the best Mexican I have met in Thailand, very good man, loves his Mother, adores his wife and kids ????

Lousy cook though! 

The best place I have found in the Pattaya area for authentic Mexican food is Mikes Mexican, on Theppasit going towards Jomtien. I think it's Soi 7, but you can Google it.  HOWEVER, last Tuesday I went to Taco Taco (Pattaya Klang, Soi 9). It was delicious food. These folks are from Spain, not Mexico. But the food is similar and oh so excellent! (I'm from CA so I know Mexican food).

21 hours ago, ehs818 said:

The best place I have found in the Pattaya area for authentic Mexican food is Mikes Mexican, on Theppasit going towards Jomtien. I think it's Soi 7, but you can Google it.  HOWEVER, last Tuesday I went to Taco Taco (Pattaya Klang, Soi 9). It was delicious food. These folks are from Spain, not Mexico. But the food is similar and oh so excellent! (I'm from CA so I know Mexican food).

I think that's the place I tried some time ago in Pattaya.  Had the beef enchiladas.  Got it via Food Panda delivery, which made it rather expensive, and it looked like a nuclear accident site from the motorbike ride it took to reach me, but the food itself was good.  I put it on par with Roberto's or a similar type Mexican joint in So Cal. 

http://www.mikesmexicanrestaurant.com/

22 hours ago, ehs818 said:

The best place I have found in the Pattaya area for authentic Mexican food is Mikes Mexican, on Theppasit going towards Jomtien.

I think you mean Thappraya Road?  I thought I was the only one who mixed the two up!

On 3/26/2019 at 6:31 PM, bbko said:

Forget the Taco House on the dark side, taste like their food came out of a can.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Fully agree been there twice once to give them a chance & second time to give them another won't be a third food extremely bland.  Mikes is always a good choice IMO, like the restaurant & the food is good. 

Archived