UPDATE: Rawai Ducati accident, Frenchman was wearing helmet

Jonathan Fairfield

UPDATE: Rawai Ducati accident, Frenchman was wearing helmet

ph2.jpg

PHUKET: Capt Somkiet Sarasin of the Chalong Police has confirmed that the Frenchman riding the Ducati motorbike in the deadly accident in Rawai early Tuesday morning (Mar 19) was wearing a full-face helmet at the time of the incident.

Three people died in the horrific collision, including a Thai woman who was five months pregnant. 

“I was later informed by my investigation team that the helmet was by the side of the road. They missed it in their initial report,” Capt Somkiet told The Phuket News late yesterday (Mar 21).

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/update-rawai-ducati-accident-frenchman-was-wearing-helmet-70802.php#g5jr5KlptYFVFsvP.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-03-22

34 minutes ago, smedly said:

and ?

so what

There may have been the usual, vacuous statements from the usual, pedantic suspects about "not wearing a helmet" or "high-powered bikes" and other superfluous comments in previous, earlier threads.

Now there's a vacuous, pedantic and superfluous official comment to the contrary.

That's all.

1 hour ago, mercman24 said:

i have never seen a racing motorcyclist lose their helmet in an accident, reach your own conclusions

The late motoGP rider Simoncelli lost his helmet in the crash which costed his life in Sepang, Malaysia a few years ago.

2 hours ago, mercman24 said:

i have never seen a racing motorcyclist lose their helmet in an accident, reach your own conclusions

So your saying that's a 100% rock solid guarantee he didn't lose his helmet in this accident.

TVm the mother of denantic assumptions which cannot be wrong.

29 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I’m not sympathetic to anyone who deliberately sets out to kill other people for no reason ... I don’t think that applies in this case. So I will not be joining you in celebrating another persons death. 

Whether deliberate or not, it was preventable with a little common sense and a regard for the safety of others. Because this fool decided his entertainment was more important than the welfare of others around him people are now dead. You probably think if this guy lived he should be able to walk away from it all cause "it was an accident". Disgusting.

1 minute ago, from the home of CC said:

Whether deliberate or not, it was preventable with a little common sense and a regard for the safety of others. Because this fool decided his entertainment was more important than the welfare of others around him people are now dead. You probably think if this guy lived he should be able to walk away from it all cause "it was an accident". Disgusting.

And you have never ever done something a little risky?

3 hours ago, mercman24 said:

Yes, was it a proper, certified Western helmet,  or one of the Thai Tesco plastic kind that is no more use than as an ornament?  

2 hours ago, newcomer71 said:

The late motoGP rider Simoncelli lost his helmet in the crash which costed his life in Sepang, Malaysia a few years ago.

he only lost his helmet when Rossie's front wheel hit his head area.  

50 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

Common sense is not that common amongst human beings. A few weeks back I closed my front door and left the key in the other side of the door ... I messed up, I wasn’t thinking. The locksmith was sympathetic but he still screwed me over with the bill. People make stupid mistakes, and sometimes others pay for them. 

What i probably think is that you have no idea idea what I probably think? So why get angry and “disgusted” about something that is a product of your own imagination? 

4 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Common sense is not that common amongst human beings. A few weeks back I closed my front door and left the key in the other side of the door ... I messed up, I wasn’t thinking. The locksmith was sympathetic but he still screwed me over with the bill. People make stupid mistakes, and sometimes others pay for them. 

What i probably think is that you have no idea idea what I probably think? So why get angry and “disgusted” about something that is a product of your own imagination? 

Beyond disgusting though very sad is you equating a lost key to peoples lives. What gets me angry is that some think making themselves 'happy' is more important than anyone around them. Gratification needs to be now and f*** anyone who gets in the way. People rant on TV about the me me me attitude of the Thais, IMO there's nothing worse than a tourist or expat who goes to another country and feels that anything goes in their pursuit of happiness including the potential of snuffing innocent lives.

7 hours ago, mercman24 said:

Reading the link before reaching your own conclusion is not a bad idea but the Frenchman was not a racing motorcyclist so it's irrelevant. 

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

So your saying that's a 100% rock solid guarantee he didn't lose his helmet in this accident.

TVm the mother of denantic assumptions which cannot be wrong.

He'd be 100% correct if he did say that as it has been confirmed that the Frenchman did not lose his helmet in the accident.

5 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:
6 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

No. The reports said he came out of a bar, and I have no sympathy for selfish a88holes. Even he was just speeding and not drunk he deserved his fate for taking the lives of others for his own amusement of driving recklessly. IMO drinking and driving or reckless driving causing injury deserves mandatory jail sentences first offence. If I was the family of the Thais, I would piss on his grave

you should be suspended for that comment

Sometimes the harsh reality is just that.... While I would never be happy or revel in someones death I certainly agree with the sentiment that he who caused these deaths is undeserving of sympathy.... 

Personally - If a DUI took a loved one from me 'urinating on their grave' doesn't seem too harsh and commenting as such is certainly not worth a suspension from this forum.

That said - was it proven that the deceased Frenchman (Ducati rider) had been drinking ?

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Sometimes the harsh reality is just that.... While I would never be happy or revel in someones death I certainly agree with the sentiment that he who caused these deaths is undeserving of sympathy.... 

Personally - If a DUI took a loved one from me 'urinating on their grave' doesn't seem too harsh and commenting as such is certainly not worth a suspension from this forum.

That said - was it proven that the deceased Frenchman (Ducati rider) had been drinking ?

"That said - was it proven that the deceased Frenchman (Ducati rider) had been drinking ?"

Probably this will not be investigated, and if it will be we will not hear the outcome.

He did come from a bar in the middle of the night though. So unless picking up his wife from the bar, it seems very likely he had been drinking.

Archived