Retirement Visa Extension at Jomtien. Nightmare !!

59 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

But are you preparing for next year when you will not have a income affidavit by transferring your income in every month from abroad.

Great point.

For a retirement extension next year full 65K income he will need to show a history of 12 months monthly transfers into a Thai bank account, coded as incoming foreign transfers. No flexibility allowed.  So that would mean he should have already STARTED doing that already. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Great point.

For a retirement extension next year full 65K income he will need to show a history of 12 months monthly transfers into a Thai bank account, coded as incoming foreign transfers. No flexibility allowed.  So that would mean he should have already STARTED doing that already. 

Or 800k properly seasoned.

Edited by Juan B Tong
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, arithai12 said:

I keep my passbook in a container with olive oil and oregano, I hope it will be accepted.

If you use caraway or fennel it will be seeded, seasoned would require salt and pepper! Olive oil would perhaps help to grease some palms. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

This year is the same for as next year for some people for me.

My extension is not due until August. A income affidavit was not an option for me.

But I have had well over 40k baht going into my bank account for years already so no problem to apply for my 12th extension based upon marriage. 

God morning UJ!!

Friend of mine is worrying about not having 40.000 in everage/month..sometimes dips down to 38000/month..can he borrow let's say 100.000 from me and season his income/pension to reach the minimum 40.000/month.He is due in a couple of month.Thanks for reading and maybe having a answer...Have a great day sir.

29 minutes ago, DuiDui48 said:

God morning UJ!!

Friend of mine is worrying about not having 40.000 in everage/month..sometimes dips down to 38000/month..can he borrow let's say 100.000 from me and season his income/pension to reach the minimum 40.000/month.He is due in a couple of month.Thanks for reading and maybe having a answer...Have a great day sir.

Basically no unless he could send it into the country from abroad to make up the difference for few months.

It has to be a total annual income 480k baht transferred into the country for 12 months to reach the average of 40k baht.

29 minutes ago, DuiDui48 said:

God morning UJ!!

I believe the money needs to be of foreign origin. If he gets it from someone then he has to deposit it in his foreign bank account and then transfer it into Thailand. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

If you use caraway or fennel it will be seeded, seasoned would require salt and pepper! Olive oil would perhaps help to grease some palms. 

Thanks OP for no scare mongering for a change from down there in Jomtien! 

As far as the seasoning is concerned is sea salt allowed or does it have to be some other kind of salt? 

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

But are you preparing for next year when you will not have a income affidavit by transferring your income in every month from abroad.

Ubon Joe - what are the requirements for the transfer deposit to be documented correctly in the bank book? I so far have not found the right way to transfer from USA my  bank.

In the meantime, I'm doing cash withdrawals from my US Bank ATM and depositing in my Thai bank. Will that fly? My renewal isn't until December and I'm dreading doing the big 800k deposit. 

Thanks!

w

20 hours ago, Juan B Tong said:

Marriage cert., wife's condo ownership papers, Wifey's ID, all pages used in my passport.  Completed application form and photo. All signed by wifey and me.

No surprise that your extension has been so slow (10 minutes!), you gave them tonnes of unrequired documents that make the check more complicated !

- Why giving so many documents about/by your wife when asking for a Retirement extension ???

- Why all pages of passport? They just want the details page, original Visa (or Transfer), last Extension stamp, and last enter stamp + TM6

K.I.S.S. :thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

No surprise that your extension has been so slow (10 minutes!), you gave them tonnes of unrequired documents that make the check more complicated !

- Why giving so many documents about/by your wife when asking for a Retirement extension ???

- Why all pages of passport? They just want the details page, original Visa (or Transfer), last Extension stamp, and last enter stamp + TM6

maybe at Jomtien but not up in our IO, Phetchabun, copies of all pages passport, TM30 and 90 day slip, wifes Tabein Baan, ID card.

On one new form, wanted my mobile number, e-mail and Line ID.  I left it blank and was prepared to say none of your business, but they did not say anything.

25 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Yeah. 

Wife's condo.

No travel last year on new passport so all the pages empty except for those with the items you mentioned.

They kicked back a duplicate and one of the condo docs.

I think it took so long because I tried to chat him up.

55 minutes ago, Wuvu2 said:

Ubon Joe - what are the requirements for the transfer deposit to be documented correctly in the bank book? I so far have not found the right way to transfer from USA my  bank.

In the meantime, I'm doing cash withdrawals from my US Bank ATM and depositing in my Thai bank. Will that fly? My renewal isn't until December and I'm dreading doing the big 800k deposit. 

The transfers need to show they came from abroad. There have been several topics on this forum about transferring the funds into the country. Many about the TransferWise option.

Withdrawals using ATM card a depositing it into your account will not be accepted since they will no be shown as transfers from abroad.