Retirement Visa Extension at Jomtien. Nightmare !!

46 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The transfers need to show they came from abroad. There have been several topics on this forum about transferring the funds into the country. Many about the TransferWise option.

Withdrawals using ATM card a depositing it into your account will not be accepted since they will no be shown as transfers from abroad.

I use Transferwise last year for large volume and it all indicated on my bank book as foreign transfers FT.  I know you answer this before but wouldn't you think if you were a foreigner the funds one obtain for living here would originate outside of Thailand?

1 minute ago, thailand49 said:

I know you answer this before but wouldn't you think if you were a foreigner the funds one obtain for living here would originate outside of Thailand?

Yes but I would not expect immigration to think the same thing. You need to be prepared to show simple proof it was transferred into the country.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phutoie2 said:

maybe at Jomtien but not up in our IO, Phetchabun, 

Yes, in Jomtien, as said in this topic's title

1 hour ago, phutoie2 said:

// TM30 and 90 day slip, wifes Tabein Baan, ID card.

None of these required :cool: (for Retirement in Jomtien)

1 hour ago, Juan B Tong said:

Yeah. Wife's condo.

Just take a bill in your name at your address,

and forget about your wife and all these documents. :thumbsup:

21 hours ago, Psimbo said:

You sbmitted the correct paperwork, were in Immigration for TEN minutes, the stamp is in the passport and you will collect it on Monday.

At what point was there a 'nightmare' scenario?

That rush of air you just felt was sarcasm flying over your head. 

So many people seem to have a crisis doing extensions, he was making the point that for many, assuming you prepared, it can still go smoothly and without issue.

A word of warning. April Fool's Day is fast approaching. Those of you who fall into that trap year after year after year ... might leave notes to yourself not to swallow everything hook, line and sinker.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Basically no unless he could send it into the country from abroad to make up the difference for few months.

It has to be a total annual income 480k baht transferred into the country for 12 months to reach the average of 40k baht.

Joe. This is the first time I've read that the imported money has to be an average. I read that they insist on monthly. I started bringing in 65k monthly in January but would be happier to bring in 200.000 every 3 months. Is there documentation to this effect? Thanks. 

47 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

Joe. This is the first time I've read that the imported money has to be an average. I read that they insist on monthly. I started bringing in 65k monthly in January but would be happier to bring in 200.000 every 3 months. Is there documentation to this effect? Thanks. 

Average income is only possible for an extension of stay based upon marriage. Note the amounts shown in my post. Also it has to be an average over 12 months.

For retirement the average is not allowed. You have to transfer at least 65k baht every month. 

38 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Average income is only possible for an extension of stay based upon marriage. Note the amounts shown in my post. Also it has to be an average over 12 months.

For retirement the average is not allowed. You have to transfer at least 65k baht every month. 

Ubonjoe I just want you to know that there are probably thousands of people on this forum including myself who sincerely appreciate you.  I for one have the upmost respect for you.  Thanks for everything you do for people.  I didn’t like the way the OP replied to you after you just gave him friendly advice to help him.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Psimbo said:

You sbmitted the correct paperwork, were in Immigration for TEN minutes, the stamp is in the passport and you will collect it on Monday.

The poster's the nightmare, not the post.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Benroon said:

cent spot on !! Won’t stop them blaming the system anytime soon though ! 

Thai Visa is not known for posters who accept responsibility for the problems they create for themselves. Someone else is always to blame ... usually followed by some comment that Thailand doesn't want any farang to stay in the country.

• Sad 1

On 3/22/2019 at 2:41 PM, Psimbo said:

During the night - hence nightmare ... :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, thailand49 said:

I use Transferwise last year for large volume and it all indicated on my bank book as foreign transfers FT.  I know you answer this before but wouldn't you think if you were a foreigner the funds one obtain for living here would originate outside of Thailand?

I transfer from Bank of America to Kasikorn. It shows up online as a domestic transfer. What I was told at Kasikorn was that was because my transfers from the US first go through Bangkok Bank and then to Kasikorn. They also told me that they could generate a document showing that the origin of the money was from the US but there would be a small fee and would take about a week. I haven’t tested this because I am using the banked money method. It is something you should talk to your bank about. Wire transfers from the US, as I’m sure you know, will be more expensive than using Transferwise.

On 3/22/2019 at 2:29 PM, Juan B Tong said:

DOH!

Are you ready?

(I'll show my B800K stashed in a bank.)

That is my plan too if I can accomplish it; figured I'd send the money via ACH to Bangkok Bank NY September of 2019. BUT, my 3 financial institutions in the USA know nothing of IACH, so there's that to deal with.