Protecting my 800,000 Baht in a BKK bank.

I have saved up 800,000 Baht and keep it in Bangkok Bank.

I applied for a retirement visa from the Canberra Embassy.

I received a visa dated 14 February 2019 -Non-Imm. O-A multiple entry.

Due to unexpected events in Australia I will have to postpone my next visit to Thailand.

Will my visa become void if I don't reach Thailand before a certain date ?

I also have a small container of personal effects that are ready for shipment.

If I use any of my 800,000 Baht 3 months before or after entry, I assume my visa will be cancelled?

I need some money to cover urgent legal costs but I don't want to lose my visa as a result.

Any suggestions ?

Your OA visa is valid for one year from the date it was issued which would be February 13th, 2020 if it was issued on the February 14th this year. You will get a new one year entry every time you enter the country up to that day.

You will not have to worry about the 800k baht until you want to apply for another OA visa or an extension of stay at immigration. There are no balance checks for a OA visa those are only for an extension applied for here.

I can as a forwarding agent, confirm UbonJoes post by saying that he is right and also that thai citizen in orde to gain duty excempt they need to show a stay of TOGETHER 1 year outside Thailand...... Than they can import free of customs duty their personal belongings. But mind you, ONLY goods that customs consider as personal belongings, and that is a very limited range of stuff of cargo..

glegolo

Edited by glegolo