BANGKOK 22 April 2019 03:35
steve2112

weetabix ?

does anyhow know where to find weetabix ? (the real one that the queen eats, not that horrible aussie knockoff) . Villa market doesn't seems to have it anymore, at least not in chalong or boat lagoon

thx

• Haha 1

You could try "Food For Foreigners" in Fishermans Way (the smaller almost empty one) on the road from the roundabout to Rawai. They have a lot of UK stuff there.

• Like 2

its listed on big C online shopping but i just contacted them and its out of stock. makro used to have it and its out there too. i wonder why the UK one is so hard to find and the crap aussie one is everywhere

No help, I'm afraid, as I am facing the same problem in Pattaya. I usually stock up with 4/5 packs of Weetabix in an attempt to bypass the usual shortages from poor restocking.

This time, though, my usual sources of the local Tops and Tesco Lotus has failed me thus far. Will need to head to other possibles this weekend. Have seen them in one of the Villa's a few months back but at an extortionate price (approx bt300, compared with a normal range of Bt157-173), but needs must.....

right, villa market put the price up to 306 here, used to be 167. i'm going to england in sept, planning to load up my suitcases for return trip with weetabix and indian stuff

right, villa market put the price up to 306 here, used to be 167. i'm going to england in sept, planning to load up my suitcases for return trip with weetabix and indian stuff

Is there a big difference between weetabix 306 baht and weetbix 105 baht for 24? I'm English but weetbix tastes ok to me
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, steve2112 said:

its listed on big C online shopping but i just contacted them and its out of stock. makro used to have it and its out there too. i wonder why the UK one is so hard to find and the crap aussie one is everywhere 

i wonder why the UK one is so hard to find and the crap aussie one is everywhere

taste?

2 hours ago, steve2112 said:

i wonder why the UK one is so hard to find and the crap aussie one is everywhere

A simple business decision no doubt. Wiser to stock the more popular and better tasting, superior quality Australian version which also just happens to be better value 😁

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, kkerry said:

A simple business decision no doubt. Wiser to stock the more popular and better tasting, superior quality Australian version which also just happens to be better value 😁

giphy (1).gif

Edited by faraday
too many biscuits....
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, faraday said:

too many biscuits....

maybe... but at least Weet-Bix are still readily available in Thailand 😋

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, kkerry said:

maybe... but at least Weet-Bix are still readily available in Thailand 😋

Jaysus, next you'll be a' tellin' me about Wegimite!

🤣

Edited by faraday
too many biscuits....

2 minutes ago, faraday said:

Jaysus, next you'll be a' tellin' me about Wegimite!

I could but Vegemite v Marmite has no doubt been done to death on this and other forums. Very few Australians are going to prefer Marmite and vice versa. The one you like best mostly comes down to your DNA and what you were fed as a kid, can't change that.

• Like 1

Aussie Weetbix for breakfast or a snack butter and vegamite, why would you want pay double for something you think the queen eats.

96 baht here for small box expensive in Aust 1.2kg boxes $6 aust under 140 baht.

Anyway still but all stock when I see for under 100baht.

😀😀😀😀

Lotus do a generic Weetabix lookalike ( made in the uk ) that’s okay.
Never seen kosher Weetabix here.
But i tried the Weetbix ( in the short stubby box ) at 111 baht and although it was a different shape and abit harder once I covered them with cold Chockchai and a sliced banana I found them perfectly acceptable !!

But, I’ve just come back from the uk and found these there

IMG_9067.PNG

Now these are the real deal, wish I’d shoved some in my case but was already overloaded with Bovril, Chocolate, cheese, teabags etc etc