British husband of "Lady of the Hills" confirmed as teaching English in Kanchanaburi

snoop1130

British husband of "Lady of the Hills" confirmed as teaching English in Kanchanaburi

dvdsv.JPG

The director of Rajabhat University has told the Thai media that David Armitage - the British husband of "Lady of the Hills" woman Lamduan Seekanya - is working at the university on a rolling contract.

Mr Armitage started his contract in 2007 on a year by year basis. His latest contract was signed last June and is up on May 13th this year.

Dr Narongdech Ratananonsathian said that when Mr Armitage first arrived at the university he had with him a boy and a girl. These are the children he had with his wife Lamduan Armitage (nee Seekanya).

She was found dead in Yorkshire in 2004. She has only just been identified using DNA and fingerprinting.

Dr Narongdech said that he has so far received no contact from any authorities regarding Mr Armitage. Should a formal request be received in writing the university will cooperate.

He stressed that Mr Armitage has consistently denied being involved in his wife's disappearance.

Requests from Thaivisa to his supervisor at the university to speak to Mr Armitage have been met with no response.

Source: https://mgronline.com/local/detail/9620000028493

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-22

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Yes we all knew this.

Just what does TV hope to achieve by pestering his place of work?

Agree. Need to leave him alone and not screw up his life in the interim. It’s not like he is even remotely guilty or being close to being Mr. Armitage the Ripper. 

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Requests from Thaivisa to his supervisor at the university to speak to Mr Armitage have been met with no response.

It's good to know that they have enough sense to ignore Thaivisa. The amount of sensationalism shown by the Thaivisa "news team" is hilarious, and maybe that's why any legitimate institution would never respond to their requests. 

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

It's as though Thaivisa thinks that it has some kind of authority to make a nuisance of itself. 

Mr Armitage would be well advised not to say one single word to Thaivisa unless he's ready for the onslaught from the resident legal eagles and investigative experts.

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Agree. Need to leave him alone and not screw up his life in the interim. It’s not like he is even remotely guilty or being close to being Mr. Armitage the Ripper. 

Sure, let him have his last moments of freedom without harassment.

It's not looking good for Mr Armitage, but that doesn't in itself make him guilty. For that you need some solid evidence. Colin Stagg was castigated in the UK media and considered by all to be a guy that "got away with murder". A few years later DNA evidence found the real killer, Colin Stagg was innocent. Best keep an open mind until the evidence is revealed.

3 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Now we have some information as to what happened to the kids.

We already know that he returned to Thailand a long time ago with the two younger children,  I think I know why he did not return with the elder lad (fathered by a Thai), but that is speculation, I will not elaborate, obviously all 3 children are also important witnesses that need to be traced and interviewed.

Personally I would have thought that if he had killed her he would have tried moving to somewhere like Australia, New Zealand or Canada and change his name.   

I would guess there'll be a pretty thorough investigation from the UK side. Mr Armitage would be well advised to keep his mouth shut media-wise and co-operate fully with the investigating authorities, assuming he's innocent.

I would think that Mr Armitage as a British expat for more than 10 years in Thailand is a member here on Thaivisa ? 

It would be interesting to hear his side of the story, but so far he has kept his mouth shut. 

If I was completely innocent I would have had no problems with being interviewed by Thaivisa or any local media.

58 minutes ago, balo said:

I would think that Mr Armitage as a British expat for more than 10 years in Thailand is a member here on Thaivisa ? 

It would be interesting to hear his side of the story, but so far he has kept his mouth shut. 

If I was completely innocent I would have had no problems with being interviewed by Thaivisa or any local media.

Why would you want to be interviewed by TV, are they someone really really special and meaningful? 

10 hours ago, holy cow cm said:
10 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Yes we all knew this.

Just what does TV hope to achieve by pestering his place of work?

This was posted by MGR online, and then re-posted here by ... Both are just doing their job, which is to pump this kind of thiNg at TOP VOLUME. You need to get with the program   :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Anybody got any links as to if he ever reported his wife missing?  When? and where?  Did the UK police conduct an investigation?  Was a missing persons report filed? 

I have not read anything to suggest his wife was reported missing by anyone in the UK. So there would have been no police investigation.

1 minute ago, Briggsy said:

I have not read anything to suggest his wife was reported missing by anyone in the UK. So there would have been no police investigation.

Yeah, that is what I am coming up with too.  So the guys wife just disappears or is murdered or whatever, and he does nothing about it? 

Just now, gk10002000 said:

Yeah, that is what I am coming up with too.  So the guys wife just disappears or is murdered or whatever, and he does nothing about it? 

He did do something about it. He immediately relocated to Thailand.

1 hour ago, balo said:

If I were innocent, I would have problems with being interviewed by anybody, and I would get of Thailand as quick as possible.  Sorry, but I don't trust their system or way of doing things very much

4 hours ago, balo said:

If I was Armitage I would avoid posting anything about it on ThaiVisa like the plague. People will twist things and make him look evil. Best to stay silent.

4 hours ago, balo said:

Funny how some members here think that being a Thaivisa member is the holy grail when the majority of those that I have come into contact with have either never heard of Thaivisa or, if they have, it is treated with derision because of the types of posts that appear here on a regular basis.

If he is a member, god help him if he ever makes a comment about it here to the Thaivisa-member justice system.

3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

No,it is consistent with his story that she left him to pursue romantic interests elsewhere. You don’t report your wife leaving you to the authorities.

Just now, nchuckle said:

No,it is consistent with his story that she left him to pursue romantic interests elsewhere. You don’t report your wife leaving you to the authorities.

Likewise, if you killed your Wife , you wouldnt report her as being missing , 

Archived